If You Are Listening To Music Now..

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Kooks; Ooh La, (she was such a good girl for me).

The next installment from their great album. Its been a fair while since I've liked everything that a band has put out. It must have been a year, The Arctic Monkeys if I remember correctly....!

redrus

This is a thread i read somehwhere else and not TV. But it makes for interesting reading.ie to see what music people are into. I've been downloading some old music i havent heard for ages(years) So whats playing now? Hue and Cry, Labour of Love. Whats playing where you are? :o

John Lee Hooker - "The Healer" Album. I love the blues

Kurt

Bob and Marcia; Young Gifted and Black.

This was the first popular Reggae song to incorporate a Reggae string section.

Jazz artist Nina Simeone was the first to record this. She took the words from a poem by Langston Hughes which she set to music.

Boris Gardiner played bass on this. He went on to have 3 UK Top 20 hits including a #1 in 1986 with his light Reggae version of the Mac Davis song "I Wanna Wake Up With You."

Bob Andy and Marcia (pronounced "Mar-See-a") Griffiths were successful Reggae solo singers in their native Jamaica. Producer Harry J put them together to record their Reggae version of this. A year later, they hit #11 UK with "Pied Piper," then resumed their solo careers.

Harry J produced this, recorded it at his studio and released it on his Harry J Record label. The year before, Harry J had a #9 hit with "Liquidator," which he recorded with his Reggae group The Harry J. All Stars.

In 1981 he produced "The Bed's Too Big Without You," a #35 UK hit for Jamaican singer Sheila Hylton. (thanks, Edward Pearce - Ashford, Kent, England, for all above)

Griffiths became a member of Bob Marley's backup group, and had a hit on her own with "The Electric Boogie."

redrus

Well you haven't heard the Muppets acoustic set then have you?

:o :allaiwa?smilie:

Listening to ... smile... Sweet child of mine G'N'R... her hair reminds me of a warm safe place, where as a child I'd Hiyi-ide...