The only (legal) way to get an additional outlet, without having to look to the same channel as the first outlet, is to get a second decoder box from UBC.

Installation is 2000 Baht cheaper then for the first outlet (since they don't need a second dish, just a cablesplitter).

You'll have to pay an additional 282.48 Baht/month for the second outlet...

If you just want to watch UBC from several places, but not at the same time, you can buy an audio/video transmitter and receiver.

http://www.satthai.net/th/orb_vdo.htm

Not sure about the price though.

Easy installation, the receiver will forward the remote signal to the ubc box, so you have control from wherever you are looking!

Edited by monty

The only (legal) way to get an additional outlet, without having to look to the same channel as the first outlet, is to get a second decoder box from UBC.

Installation is 2000 Baht cheaper then for the first outlet (since they don't need a second dish, just a cablesplitter).

If you just want to watch UBC from several places, but not at the same time, you can buy an audio/video transmitter and receiver.

Easy installation, the receiver will forward the remote signal to the ubc box, so you have control from wherever you are looking!

Hi Monty,

Thanks for that, very useful info, the house is a new build so I wanted to make sure I allowed for concealed conduits for the wiring. Looks like I'll go for separate decoders downstairs and upstairs with a couple of supporting audio/video transmitter and receivers. Thanks again.

Hi Monty,

Thanks for that, very useful info, the house is a new build so I wanted to make sure I allowed for concealed conduits for the wiring. Looks like I'll go for separate decoders downstairs and upstairs with a couple of supporting audio/video transmitter and receivers. Thanks again.

talk to the installation engineers. we have stand alone in a few rooms and only pay for the one :o