Calling All Aussies (And Other Gentle Folk )

SwaziBird

All radio stations in the capitol cities of Australia are very easily accessed on the following website;

www.1radio.com.au

I have many hours of enjoyment listening to my favourite station in Melbourne, Magic 1278, the best songs of all times, 24 hrs. It is a commercial station with local news on the hour but the music ( especially for us slightly mature persons )is great !

Scroll down to Melbourne then Magic 1278. Click "Visit the Website". Will open and then click "Listen Live" in box on upper right-hand side.

Enjoy !

Cheers

Edited by SwaziBird

Tried all that Swazibird, step by step but no go for some reason

Hi Gonzo, well worth persevering. Tell me where you come unstuck and I'll try and walk you through again.

Have been listening for the past hour plus. Fabulous ( my taste )

Cheers

Tried all that Swazibird, step by step but no go for some reason

Hi Gonzo, well worth persevering. Tell me where you come unstuck and I'll try and walk you through again.

Have been listening for the past hour plus. Fabulous ( my taste )

Cheers

I'll work on it again tomorrow S Bird..... I think the hang up is with Real Player.... Windows Med Player works ok on some of the others...

I like the thought so I will try for sho morrow.

Thanks

gonzo

You're not an Aussie Gonzo. It doesn't work for other races. Sheesh!!

Could be it ! I try to be nice ...because nice is good and I just didn't want to hurt Gonzo's feelings.

Cheers

Edited by SwaziBird

You're not an Aussie Gonzo. It doesn't work for other races. Sheesh!!

I'm not an Aussie and I am sitting here in Bahrain. Being a bit on the old side I do love those 'oldies'. No problem for me to tune in and listen.

Aussies and gentle, in the same sentence?

Ain't them fightin' words?

:lol:

(And to all my Oz friends on the forum, more than a few- you know I'm just kidding)

Are you SURE you were kidding? :) I was going to say exactly the same thing. I was once married to one. :D

Just tried to access the website, this is the message from the site.

Dear listeners

Sadly we have been asked to remove the station logos and no longer allow you to listen radio streams from this website.

We would like to thank you for using the website over the last 4 years and hope the list below will be of use to you.

We hope that the 6,000 or so people visiting this website every day will find a new place to listen to Australian radio stations.

Kind regards, the 1Radio team

Dear listeners

Sadly we have been asked to remove the station logos and no longer allow you to listen radio streams from this website.

We would like to thank you for using the website over the last 4 years and hope the list below will be of use to you.

We hope that the 6,000 or so people visiting this website every day will find a new place to listen to Australian radio stations.

Hi Kered,

Yes, you're right ...but it's only the station logos that have been removed ...otherwise all else works fine.

Just remember that when scrolling down to Melbourne then Magic 1278 you will see 2 active click spots ( both in red )first one says "listen" ( DON'T click ) second one says "visit the website" ( DO click ). This will take you to the website for Magic 1278.

There you will find a box in upper right hand side showing the usual 3 presenters for the day ( one of which will be highlighted as being on air . Look just below that box of 3 and you will see ( again in blue, with loudspeaker icon ) "Listen Live" .

You're there ! click and get 50's - 80's "groovy" ! - or, depending on the time of day/night perhaps some good ol' rock 'n roll ! Perhaps a bit of country & western.

Enjoy ! Promise you a treat !

Dear listeners

Hi Kered,

Yes, you're right ...but it's only the station logos that have been removed ...otherwise all else works fine.

Just remember that when scrolling down to Melbourne then Magic 1278 you will see 2 active click spots ( both in red )first one says "listen" ( DON'T click ) second one says "visit the website" ( DO click ). This will take you to the website for Magic 1278.

There you will find a box in upper right hand side showing the usual 3 presenters for the day ( one of which will be highlighted as being on air . Look just below that box of 3 and you will see ( again in blue, with loudspeaker icon ) "Listen Live" .

You're there ! click and get 50's - 80's "groovy" ! - or, depending on the time of day/night perhaps some good ol' rock 'n roll ! Perhaps a bit of country & western.

Your instructions are good but Firefox would not play, just silence! However I changed browser to Google Chrome and it came up with a window asking to download a Windows Media plug in, after the download it worked perfectly.

This may also be Gonzo's problem.

Many thanks for the help and introduction to good music.

Your instructions are good but Firefox would not play, just silence! However I changed browser to Google Chrome and it came up with a window asking to download a Windows Media plug in, after the download it worked perfectly.

No problem here with Firefox/IE/Chrome all work well. All it does is ask for your choice of programme to open it with. Possibly because I run Win Media, Real player and several others.

Currently playing....."I fought the law" naturally the law won:rolleyes:

Dear listeners

Hi Kered,

..sounds of silence..hmm takes me back!