Iranian Detained At Suvarnabhumi Airport With 'ice' Worth US$300,000

webfact

Iranian detained with 'ice' worth US$300,000 at Thai airport

BANGKOK, Oct 4 – An Iranian man on Monday was arrested at Thailand's Suvarnabhumi Airport with 2.65 kilogrammes of crystal methamphetamine, also known as 'ice,' worth Bt9 million (over US$298,000), according to customs officers.

Gholamhassan Bakhshandehpalangsaraei, 41, was apprehended at the arrival terminal at Thailand’s main international airport, Prasong Poontaneat, Director-General of the Customs Department, told a press briefing.

Flying from Dubai in the United Arab Emirates to Thailand, the suspect behaved suspiciously while passing through the terminal.

Customs officers asked him to stop for baggage check and found crystal meth in plastic bags covered with black cardboard with a total weight of 2.65 kg. The package of drugs was concealed at the bottom of his baggage.

The officers impounded the 'ice,' estimated to be valued at about $300,000 and charged the suspect with smuggling an illicit drug into the kingdom and having illegal drug in his possession for sale.

Mr Bakhshandehpalangsaraei was transferred to the Narcotics Suppression Bureau for further investigation.

The customs detention followed a tip that foreign traffickers would smuggle illicit drugs into the country at the airport so the customs officers were urged to be on high alert and to inspect persons with suspicious behaviour, Mr Prasong added.

The Customs Department reported that from October last year to the present, it has made arrests in 70 cases of 'ice' smuggling with a total weight of over 128 kg valued at more than Bt450 million (over $15 million) in value. (MCOT online news).

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-10-04

Things must be bad in Iran, they just keep trying to smuggle that crap in to make a buck.

Surely they have heard about all the other Iranians being busted.

I am sure that just having an Iranian passport sets off alarm bells at Thai airports now.

One would have thought that by now the word is out that in Bangkok police keep an eye on Iranians flying in from Dubai ;)

Still surprised they may pick up the 'goods' in Dubai, or did they already have it leaving Iran? Isn't Iran really strict on anything not explicitly allowing by the Qu'ran ?

Holy cow "Gholamhassan Bakhshandehpalangsaraei" that is a real name? I was just getting used to some Thai names, is this a record name in the records of police bookings? I can see the booking Officer now Office: "Your name, please" ""Gholamhassan Bakhshandehpalangsaraei" Officer: " yea right - wise guy ahh."

Holy cow "Gholamhassan Bakhshandehpalangsaraei" that is a real name? I was just getting used to some Thai names, is this a record name in the records of police bookings? I can see the booking Officer now Office: "Your name, please" ""Gholamhassan Bakhshandehpalangsaraei" Officer: " yea right - wise guy ahh."

Friends call him Golly. Know of a gent in the UK was stopped on the way home from a fancy-dress party while wearing a cowboy outfit. His name really was Roy Rogers.................

"Do you have something to declare Mr.Gholamhassan Bakhshandehpalangsaraei?"

He was probably just asking for some "Naam Kaeng" and they misunderstood his message. :jap:

But now's the time to learn Thai. The good news its' free.

I'd hate to be signing checks as him...

Three kilos of Meth in Holland is about $ 3,000.- 5,000. Why don't these Ayathollas get their stuff plus a Dutch passport..(plus some Dutch words like "Koog Dee Kaas") and fly to Bangkok without fear?

Three kilos of Meth in Holland is about $ 3,000.- 5,000. Why don't these Ayathollas get their stuff plus a Dutch passport..(plus some Dutch words like "Koog Dee Kaas") and fly to Bangkok without fear?

I think you can expect a few pm's from potential buyers at that price. Your way off track.

I think you can expect a few pm's from potential buyers at that price. Your way off track.

Way off track. A bag of ICE from my local mom/pop store is 10 Baht.

Rick

must have something to do with the 51% increase of Iranian tourists

Hamaz and Hezbollah come to mind. Iranian regime is gearing up so short before finishing the nuclear bomb and thus undermining their own people abroad.

really sad.

Things must be bad in Iran, they just keep trying to smuggle that crap in to make a buck.

I am sure that just having an Iranian passport sets off alarm bells at Thai airports now.

What surprise me is that Dubai Airport does not do anything about all these travelers who come from Iran through Dubai

What surprise me is that Dubai Airport does not do anything about all these travelers who come from Iran through Dubai

Many are extorted by the Hezbollahs, belief it or not. Of course they don't introduce themselves as Hezbollah. Tough recruiters. You do or die are the only options. Dubai knows about it, but they don't want to upset their brotherhood. It's a Jihad in the making for something very ugly.

:whistling:

Then also don't forget. The Iranian regime has over 50 000 official suicide bombers in store. Does anybody think they would not use this avenue to finance their bad intention for going nuclear.

Were do some people get this type of info from......:whistling: ...

Wonder who the mysterious tipster is? Seems everyone of these busts at Swampy - especially of the Iranians - are the result of "acting on a tip".

Most of the time the main dealer is the tipster, pass a tip to catch a mule with 3Kg and let 20 other mules with 3 Kg each through.

Then also don't forget. The Iranian regime has over 50 000 official suicide bombers in store. Does anybody think they would not use this avenue to finance their bad intention for going nuclear.

"50,000 'official' suicide bombers in store?" :ph34r:

Where the unofficial at? And how many Sherlock Holmes? :jap:

Guess you're already 'going nuclear.' :guitar:

Edited by sirchai