Online Poker

I play all the time and would love to talk to other people that play. I play PokerStars Tournaments and make a fair profit every month but I think I need to talk to other people about my weak areas to help me get better.

I've been in Chia Mai for 3 months and may make it my home.

You're living my dream, man! Living in Thailand and playing poker!

When I was living in Bangkok about a year ago, I was never impressed with the internet connections anywhere I went. I didn't have a connection in my apartment, but all of the internet cafes and such seemed mighty slow.

I've also read somewhere that you can't even access the poker sites from Thailand based internet connections, but I guess you've proven that wrong. Maybe there is hope.

As far as good forums for discussing poker and improving your game you may already know about:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/ubbthreads.php

Absolutely the best, most active poker community out there.

Poker has become so big here in the States over the past couple of years, it's been unreal. A new season of the World Series of Poker is just starting up on ESPN, so there ought to be a lot of bad players logging on over the next couple of month. Party Poker and Poker Stars advertise quite a bit during the telecasts, so I'd look for the fishies at those 2 sites.

Good luck! Hope I can join you one day soon.