Import Tax On Golf Clubs

TRAZ57

I realize that this topic has been covered a bit before but I am still muddled. My husband is trying to decide if he should have a new set of golf clubs (generic brand copies of the real thing) plus bag shipped to Chiang Mai or if he should wait and buy them in the states next summer and bring them back. (He has clubs here now but they are VERY old.) The cost of the clubs plus bag is $490 and the cost of shipping is $125. I understand that the import tax/duty tax/ customs charges are not set in stone but if anyone can give us an idea of a ballpark figure or an example of their own experience it would be very helpful. Thank you.

Try using UPS - there service charge for clearance is about 1200 - 1500 if i recall .

Taxes assumingly if thai do follow 100% of their own law - anything under 40,000b shoukld be taxes free , correct me if i am wrong and please check all info by calling the direct officer or office .

if you need help with number me know i can point you to where to call .

seriously - does old golf club perform less . good luck

10 % from CIF value

0% from CIF value if import from Australia and show Form CO FTA Thai Australia from supplier

999 : The Customs Tariff Decree B.E. 2530 (Ceiling Rate) Heading Subheading Description Statutory Rate Notification Start Date End Date ad valorem rate % specific rate Unit Baht 95.06 9506.31.00 - - Clubs, complete 10 - - พรก. ฉบับที่ 4 พ.ศ. 2549/Decree no.4 B.E. 2549 01/01/2007 thereafter

AAN : ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Heading Subheading Description Duty Rate Notification Start Date End Date ad valorem rate % specific rate Unit Baht 95.06 9506.310000 - - Clubs, complete Exempted ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand 12/03/2010 31/12/2010

ACN : ASEAN - China Free Trade Agreement Heading Subheading Description Duty Rate Notification Start Date End Date ad valorem rate % specific rate Unit Baht 95.06 9506.310000 Clubs, complete Exempted ASEAN-China 2550 (English Version) 01/01/2010 31/12/2011

AF1 : Customs Duty for the ASEAN Free Trade Area Heading Subheading Description Duty Rate Notification Start Date End Date ad valorem rate % specific rate Unit Baht 95.06 9506.310000 - - Clubs, complete Exempted AHTN (ฉบับที่ 3) 01/01/2010 thereafter

personally i would wait until you go back to the states and bring them across as luggage, no problem through customs etc, if you can't wait, dont go to somewhere like robinsons to buy clubs, opposite lanna golf course theres lots of shops that have all the brands, or stardome, you might even be lucky to find somewhere where they measure you up with your swing pattern.