Finally Had True Visions And Cancelling

Maejo Man

With Hallmark channel being dropped, and the standard of programming reaching rock bottom, I have finally decided to cancel my subscription, which I have had since they first started.

The only thing I will miss is the Formula one live transmissions. My question is, do any of the other companies in town, i.e. WETV have ESPN Star sports?

All of the History channel and Natgeo programmes are downloadable, so I don't miss out there, and the movies on True Visions are just continual repeats. If all else fails it will be the local pub for Formula one :)

I too am dismayed at the quality of programmes shown on True/ UBC. I will soon be cancelling and then re subscribing under the wife's name for Freeview rather than pay B500 for the Knowledge package. All of the series and movies they have I can download for free anyway. The Freeview will allow the wife to watch Thai terrestrial channels in good quality. I can download for free better than they provide.

MM check out chaingai satellite their located near thapae what that road call . the one with the burger store at the road side .

i got my dish from them some 7 years ago . there also have some kinda package which give you all kinda channel .

also another option is ONline viewing . soemthing tehre call dream box .

They have promised the check within 2 months. I am not holding my breath!

I got mine after about 2 month, last time I cancelled my subscription when I had to go and work away, but that was 5 years ago so things may have changed now. I still love my UBC package by the way and hope that I never need to cancel it.

Sir why did you give them the box and dish back prior to receiving your deposit ? the deposit was for safe return of the box and dish and they would not of given you those items without you giving them the money upfront, so why do they expect you not to do the same.

I am also thinking of giving it up however I will advise them to call me when my deposit is ready and at that time they can have the equipment back .

DK

You can receive ESPN Vietnam. You need a dish and tuner and pay 6,000 per annum which should let you receive ESPN, Star Sports, HBO and Star World ( but I'm not 100% sure if it is 6,000 per channel or for all 4. I have all 4 but as I operate a resort I need all 4 on permanently so I pay 6,000 each).There is a good satellite shop towards Napa school on the northern outer ring road. But what was the 'Hallmark' attraction, it seemed to show Biggest Loser and The Nannie non-stop?

It takes around 2 months minimum. Great if you happened to be returning to your home country ! On receiving the cheque it takes your bank about 3 days to clear it.Can only tell you thats my experience on 2 occasions.Dont lose your paperwork !

Sir why did you give them the box and dish back prior to receiving your deposit ? the deposit was for safe return of the box and dish and they would not of given you those items without you giving them the money upfront, so why do they expect you not to do the same.

I am also thinking of giving it up however I will advise them to call me when my deposit is ready and at that time they can have the equipment back .

DK

They informed me that I needed to return the equipment and the accounts payable would issue the refund check within 60 days. I think I have a better chance of getting it back than you have of telling them how to operate their business but good luck to you.

I've got a Vinasat K+(Vietnam) dish and receiver, paid up till August 2011 just sitting on the floor in my kitchen. Paid 20,000 for the lot but had to go back to True to watch the English Premier League. (ESPN /Star lost the rights to show it just after I bought the package.) If it's the F1 you want then this package is the one. A whole heap of other English language channels too. Going real cheap if anyone's interested. Otherwise it's heading for the trash heap.

I got the deposit back when I cancelled.. Minus some ridiculous administration fee (or whatever), but did get something back.

"Something" should be the full amount unless you were in arrears. Until there is some credible competition True will continue to treat customers with contempt. A collegaue returned to England recently and the money he spent on phone calls, chasing the deposit , almost equalled the total amount of his refund . So obviously if you are leaving Thailnd get in early

The fee will come in about 2 month in form of a check that you bank have to send back to Bkk and the after all is paid you get about 60 percent back.

Get a free Life and get a Dream box watch all from the west 68.5 degrees w to 148 degrees east for a very small amount of money.

What is the deposit amount? I got UBC about eight years ago and I'm sure I paid something like B12,000 for deposit and installation. Unfortunately, I no longer have the original receipt. My wife called them last year and they said the deposit was B4,000 which has put me off cancelling.

I cancel my UBC a couple of years ago, just keeping the free channels for my wife. Just download a bunch of HD telefilms and the wonderful BBC documentaries.

I was on vacation in Bali and I saw the local (Indovision-Indosat I don't recall) and I was impressed from the number of the available channels (many more and better than UBC) and the quality of the interface and the signal.

Sad they are loosing customers month by month (maybe only farangs?)

I cancel my UBC a couple of years ago, just keeping the free channels for my wife. Just download a bunch of HD telefilms and the wonderful BBC documentaries.

I was on vacation in Bali and I saw the local (Indovision-Indosat I don't recall) and I was impressed from the number of the available channels (many more and better than UBC) and the quality of the interface and the signal.

Sad they are loosing customers month by month (maybe only farangs?)

I want to keep the free Thai channels for my wife too. True told here that I must cancel first then resubscribe under her name to get Freeview. I smell a rat.

What is the deposit amount? I got UBC about eight years ago and I'm sure I paid something like B12,000 for deposit and installation. Unfortunately, I no longer have the original receipt. My wife called them last year and they said the deposit was B4,000 which has put me off cancelling.

I have the original receipt, but didn't need to show it.  It's all on their computer, they volunteered the info about my deposit without me mentioning it.

I have the original receipt, but didn't need to show it. It's all on their computer, they volunteered the info about my deposit without me mentioning it.

So what's the figure, please?

With Hallmark channel being dropped

The channel that they have replaced it with - DIVA or some such silly name - seems to be showing the same crap.

Universal DIVA was an old Sky UK channel, and has only got worse. At least Hallmark had a few good mini series showing, along with an old favourite of mine Midsomer Murders. The whole programming of True Visions seems to have taken dive.

With Hallmark channel being dropped

The channel that they have replaced it with - DIVA or some such silly name - seems to be showing the same crap.

Universal DIVA was an old Sky UK channel, and has only got worse. At least Hallmark had a few good mini series showing, along with an old favourite of mine Midsomer Murders. The whole programming of True Visions seems to have taken dive.

Absolutely agree MJM, regarding the regular programmes and movies etc. sad.gif

However, the football coverage is excellent and that's what sells it to me. thumbsup.gif

I have the original receipt, but didn't need to show it. It's all on their computer, they volunteered the info about my deposit without me mentioning it.

So what's the figure, please?

No-one can tell you what you paid. The "standard" deposit is now THB 4,000 but they almost always have some sort of promotion going on so this may not have been what you paid. At the moment the deposit is THB 2,000. In addition to the deposit there is also a non refundable installation fee. The "standard" installation fee is THB 9,500 but like with the deposit True almost always have promotions on the installation fee. At the moment the installation fee is THB 1,000.

When you say you paid something like THB 12,000 it's probably a total amount for both deposit and installation. If you don't have the receipt you will just have to hope that True has a record of what you paid in deposit.

Sophon

I wish I had not renewed my subscription now that Hallmark has gone. :annoyed:

No more friday night repeats of repeats of repeats of Midsommer Murders :ermm:

Although I had seen the all before I just used to get a little nostalgic as they did a lot of filming near places where I used to live.

Also means no more Doc Martin :(