Dane Dies After Brawling in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad he left behind a wife and 3 week old baby. But what the hel_l was he doing in a bar that has girls available? I mean then three guys, a bar owned by a Dane, two Brits (Pommies/English <deleted>), assaulting each other and hitting each other from behind (oooh!!! how gay) and then saying good night to each other and then further carrying on with more assaults, then let's drag in the Thai guys who robbed and assaulted and ... and .. oh never mind. Pattaya Police are investigating. rolleyes.gif

And yet another alcohol related incident...in Pattaya.

I know its terrible thatPattaya is the only place on earth where this happens,disgusting

I have read espinas short post many times now, and unless I am stupid I fail to see how your post is relevant to his post, at no point does he say this is specific to pattaya, at no point does he say this does not happen elsewhere. the fact of the matter is that this incident happened in pattaya, and is not the first alcohol related incident in pattaya so his post is in fact 100% correct. maybe you should think of that before the sarcasm

alcohol related incdents happen all over the world,not just Pattaya,, they should ban the deadly liquid,though that would break my heart.

I refer you to my post above

This story does not make any sense. The odds of being in a bar fight with fellow farangs, then upon your return back to your room three Thais attack and beat you are..........nearly zero. Since we almost never receive good information from these news reports, we are forced to make out own conclusions. I am guessing he received a traumatic brain injury from his fall to the floor, which he later died of. The job of the Thai police is not to actually solve crime, but to spin each crime to minimize damage to the tourist image. Some police sergeant must have decided that fellow farangs killing you in a bar does not sound very good. So suddenly there are " mysterious Thais" who come to your room and kill you, who of course will never be caught.

very fishy story,but we all know it will be better for the police to charge farangs, they get a lot of money out of things,if there were This involved the bib would not 1 baht.

Ummm........If he was attacked in his room, wouldn't his wife be a witness to this attack?

The plot thickens...

Maybe his wife was in on it?

Maybe his wife wasnt with him in pattaya....

The Danish paper writes the story about an almost innocent Dane, who just arrived from Denmark with his Thai wife and their three weeks old baby.

Hmmmmm.... good point.

Edited by Murf

Seems like the Dane was out for trouble and hit one of the English Guys from behind.

The other one hit him back.

But the Dane walked away.

Possible attack by 3 Thais needs investigation.

Very easy for Police to charge the English guys, but it smells fishy to me.

English eh?not British?

English is subset of British. British is a subset of European. Scottish and Welsh people do NOT regard themselves as English. Neither do some Cornish people.

No one in Britain will thank you for calling them European, so don't.

Seems like the Dane was out for trouble and hit one of the English Guys from behind.

English eh?not British?

English is subset of British. British is a subset of European. Scottish and Welsh people do NOT regard themselves as English. Neither do some Cornish people.

No one in Britain will thank you for calling them European, so don't.

Not true as I am British and proud to be European too, it is a wonderful union just like the union of states in the USA. Together we succeed, divided like idiots we fall. Many other Brits feel the same too so please do not use the term "No one in Britain"

Anyway all this stupid fighting over nothing it is so so sad and childish and now a young guy and new father ends up losing his valuable life. Why can't folk make love and not war and get some real hobbies and interests in life, it gives you a far happier life too and you tend to live longer and fitter too.

Pattaya sucks IMHO, okay for single guy tourists out to have a sexy holiday as indeed I had done too before moving here. I am so very glad I moved out of Pattaya after my first year living in Thailand and moved to somewhere in Thailand I can call home where most folk are pretty decent and more family and real life orientated. Pattaya is for tourists and the old adage "live by the sword, die by the sword" fits this story though I am deeply saddened that a new father should lose his life like that and all for nothing, just pure stupidity !!!! One wonders why he was not home with his family and new baby as per the reason for his visit here, if he had been he would still be alive today but that is still no reason for him to have been murdered by some Thais or the European English guys.

Hmmmmm.... good point.

Well could be she was somewhere else in thailand and he just went for a "businesstrip" to pattaya.

Anyways plotting his wife into it too is getting abit too much isnt it ? the guy was in a documented fight and the guy died from it, sadly - but its not so uncommon.

Why do some people get into trouble like this when they can just come to LOS and enjoy their holiday. Now you have a Thai wife and a baby without a husband and father and all because of a few beers. When will they learn

This story was clearly written by someone who not only has zero journalistic experience, but also has not read newspapers closely enough to have a notion of how a news story is written. It is full of unsubstantiated innuendo and swiping editorialising. ("show the Thai family the new wonder kid" ??!! "As Scandasia understands it...") Very poor reporting.

Pattaya, aka "Sleaze By the Sea" (as coined by the author of the famous book, "True Confessions of a Bangkok Private Eye") seems to be a place to be avoided, as for whatever reason, it attracts the worst people and/or brings out the worst in people. Bar room brawls are not something to engage in lightly; the protanganists don't just always get up and walk away without serious injury as Hollywood flicks would lead one to believe. All it takes is taking a poke at someone, they lose their balance and crack their head on the edge of a table, etc. and is a goner. It's serious business and one to be avoided; walk away from it.

Ho! Hum! Just another day in Sin City. What's all the fuss. "live-by-the-sword. Die-by-the-sword"

Yeah they have Alcohol related incidents all over the world apparently.

True, not uncommon there to go for a walk at 11 in the morning and see them falling off barstools

and I am surprised that they do not have 2 or 3 a day fatally breaking their neck that way.

Been there once and if that place slides in the ocean it would be no big loss.

So..if it hadn't been for your single guy holidays you would never have even considered moving to Thailand? Another one who likes to slag off Pattaya when it is the reason they 1st came to Thailand. Sad story anyway...

Pattaya sucks IMHO, okay for single guy tourists out to have a sexy holiday as indeed I had done too before moving here. I am so very glad I moved out of Pattaya after my first year living in Thailand and moved to somewhere in Thailand I can call home where most folk are pretty decent and more family and real life orientated. Pattaya is for tourists and the old adage "live by the sword, die by the sword" fits this story though I am deeply saddened that a new father should lose his life like that and all for nothing, just pure stupidity !!!! One wonders why he was not home with his family and new baby as per the reason for his visit here, if he had been he would still be alive today but that is still no reason for him to have been murdered by some Thais or the European English guys.

I feel sorry for the baby and other family members, but feel little, if none at all, for the "victim". Call me callous if you like, that's fine, but a man with a 3 week old baby, who was coming back to Thailand to show the baby off to the family should have been doing just that, NOT out drinking and carousing. Sorry, but to me that shows a complete lack of responsibility, and even intelligence on his part. If your single, hey, go do whatever the hel_l you want, but as a parent, especially a NEW parents, then you need to start thinking about your family and not just yourself, and what might or could result from your actions.

Regardless of whether the fall and head striking the floor/pavement when fighting with the English, or whether he was beaten and robbed by Thai, or both, are the cause of death are totally irrelevant in my opinion, as he had no business placing himself in that environment in the first place, and should have been home with his wife and baby.

Incidents like these are the reason why I left Pattaya years back..... :bah:

This could happen anywhere in the world.

But this one happened in pattaya

The point is if you left every area that there were bar room brawls every so often there wouldn't be many places left to move to. In any case I would say that most people who get a kicking in Pattaya were not just minding their own business and beaten up randomly. The fact is that Pattaya generally attracts a low class of visitor, some of whom are swift to be verbally abusive and would not have the brains to walk away from a volatile situation.

This is a tragic case because of the newborn baby and wife he leaves behind, but it appears on the face of it that this guy was his own worst enemy.

English eh?not British?

So what are you implying ? If they were British he would still be alive ?

But this one happened in pattaya

The point is if you left every area that there were bar room brawls every so often there wouldn't be many places left to move to. In any case I would say that most people who get a kicking in Pattaya were not just minding their own business and beaten up randomly. The fact is that Pattaya generally attracts a low class of visitor, some of whom are swift to be verbally abusive and would not have the brains to walk away from a volatile situation.

This is a tragic case because of the newborn baby and wife he leaves behind, but it appears on the face of it that this guy was his own worst enemy.

My point is that many posters have jumped down one guys neck for pointing out this happened in pattaya, he never said it didn't happen elsewhere but all of a sudden we get the usual 'it could happen anywhere' gang. yes it could happen anywhere but in this case it happened in pattaya hence pattaya being discussed.

TV for some reason has a high percentage of this little gang that highlights when something is not specific to thailand, when nobody has said it is specific to thailand, 'it could happen anywhere' brings nothing to the discussion, especially when nobody has said it doesn't happen everywhere.

English eh?not British?

So? Are they ENGLISH??????

It may ay "danish" on his passport but it won't say "English" on theirs.

It's like this.....

Great Britain is the largest of the British Isles. The Island nation consists of three separate countries: England, Scotland and Wales. I am English, and I have a British passport.

A Scotsman will also have a British passport but that does not make him English nor Welsh. Likewise with the Welsh. The British passport does refer to the three separate countries but does not specify which one in particular we are from.

Just to re-iterate. I am English AND British.

I could confuse matters further by mentioning The United Kingdom which includes the three countries mentioned already PLUS N. Ireland, but it's best to keep it simple for now methinks.

It's like this.....

Great Britain is the largest of the British Isles. The Island nation consists of three separate countries: England, Scotland and Wales. I am English, and I have a British passport.

A Scotsman will also have a British passport but that does not make him English nor Welsh. Likewise with the Welsh. The British passport does refer to the three separate countries but does not specify which one in particular we are from.

Just to re-iterate. I am English AND British.

I could confuse matters further by mentioning The United Kingdom which includes the three countries mentioned already PLUS N. Ireland, but it's best to keep it simple for now methinks.

yes, our passport states 'United Kingdom Of Great Britain and Northern Ireland', and you quite rightly point out that Great Britain consists of England, Scotland and Wales, and as and English man I am also a British Man

Yes. maybe so, but Pataya is the ass hole of thailand. All the shit goes there.

Just when they removed the reputation feature you come up with this gem, have a hypothetical green anyway :D

alcohol related incdents happen all over the world,not just Pattaya,, they should ban the deadly liquid,though that would break my heart.

Im sure that if you look at the statistics for incidents like this, Pattaya is high up on that list .