Dane Dies After Brawling in Pattaya

webfact

Sorry Jack, you are way off the mark. What Tojay says is true. When you take your head out of the PC sandpit, you will realise that Thais won't fight one-on-one. I play drums in a band in Bangkok and last week there was a stocky American guy fighting with his American girlfriend just outside the venue. This guy was trying to drag her out by her hair. There were 3 Thai security men and they were shit scared to take him on. When I asked them why, they told me they would feel more comfortable if there were at least 6 of them to turf this guy out. Is that coffee I smell?

The part that is the most believable is the fact that Thais will not fight a falang one on one, so having 3 Thais attack him makes the most sense of any part of the story. Probably paid by the English to the dirty work they personally didn't have the cojones to do.

But who knows? Anything is possible in Amazing Thailand.

Yes Tokay, it's possible you may yet grow out of your ill conceived, craven, racism.

Good luck with that.

Edit, sorry forgot: My condolences to the friends and family of Mr Jensen.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never knew that. Uncle Albert forgot to mention that little nugget. "Durin' the war......"

I think you'll find it's called the Union Jack, NOT the Union flag.

It is called the Union Flag, the term Union Jack is when it is flown on a ship

This was my understanding, the 'jack' was from the Admiralty, but just reading wiki on the subject it says both are now acceptable names wherever it is flown, so I think now jack and flag are equal. the term 'jack' was an old term for a flag apparently but they did differentiate, flag on land and jack at sea.

Baby was three weeks old, It is common for the Thai mother after giving birth to disappear for some Mum and daughter time where certain rituals are carried out, husbands are not invited.

Would you care to elaborate? I have never heard of this and would like to know more.

It's very common, well it is where I live. Even when both parents are Thai, the father can be totally ignored for a while.

One ritual is that the new mother doesn't move off a wooden bed for at least three days, that wouldn't be too strange if the bed didn't have a fire underneath it, I think it is supposed to help the new mother get her old body shape back.

It's like this.....

Great Britain is the largest of the British Isles. The Island nation consists of three separate countries: England, Scotland and Wales. I am English, and I have a British passport.

A Scotsman will also have a British passport but that does not make him English nor Welsh. Likewise with the Welsh. The British passport does refer to the three separate countries but does not specify which one in particular we are from.

Just to re-iterate. I am English AND British.

I could confuse matters further by mentioning The United Kingdom which includes the three countries mentioned already PLUS N. Ireland, but it's best to keep it simple for now methinks.

offtopic2.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gif

This story does not make any sense.  The odds of being in a bar fight with fellow farangs, then upon your return back to your room three Thais attack and beat you are..........nearly zero.

It is always possible that a group of opportunist Thais took advantage of the situation on seeing the farang incapable of defending himself properly s a result of his injuries.

I was so ignorred when the kid was born, I wasn't allowed toclean him, nor feed him a baby bottle at night,etc; I got extrememly frustrated of it and grew angry .I could take over when he grew older; I found the mother is a decided imbecile and we eventually divorced She asked the divorce on grounds I was aggressive with the baby ! I'll never expect any fair play from a thaï now.

Baby was three weeks old, It is common for the Thai mother after giving birth to disappear for some Mum and daughter time where certain rituals are carried out, husbands are not invited.

Would you care to elaborate? I have never heard of this and would like to know more.

It's very common, well it is where I live. Even when both parents are Thai, the father can be totally ignored for a while.

One ritual is that the new mother doesn't move off a wooden bed for at least three days, that wouldn't be too strange if the bed didn't have a fire underneath it, I think it is supposed to help the new mother get her old body shape back.

I have also had this confirmed. I understand the main purpose is to 'dry out' surplus water/fluid from the womb. It also apparently involves eating 'dry food' ie no Tom Yum and you can shower but not shampoo. No alcohol. Should take a week.

I guess it beats sticking pins into dolls !

Been there done that. When the in-laws came round with sacks of charcoal and starting cutting down banana leaves and mashing cumin seeds, I thought I was in for the mother of all "wetting the baby's head", only to find out that my wife was being slowly barbecued in the maid's room out the back.

If the reason is to cleanse the body and remove excess liquid/weight it worked. This custom probably contributes to why on average; Thais and other Asians who follow this custom seem to pop out kids and apparently not to balloon in weight afterwards. That said, I didn't see this as a chance to go to Pattaya, and all in all, a very sad story in the OP with a very needless outcome.

Whatever way you look at it Pattaya seems to be dangerous for the health.

It seems not a week goes by without a few foreign deaths.

Some are accidental...like the latest Jetski incident or pedestrian fatality....some are by natural causes another farang found dead in his hotel room, some are by violent crime as per this latest incident with the Dane,aand of course the 'suicides' ie Pattaya flying club.

Considering the number of visitors to Pattaya it surely must be one of the most dangerous places in the world to visit.

Whatever way you look at it Pattaya seems to be dangerous for the health.

It seems not a week goes by without a few foreign deaths.

Some are accidental...like the latest Jetski incident or pedestrian fatality....some are by natural causes another farang found dead in his hotel room, some are by violent crime as per this latest incident with the Dane,aand of course the 'suicides' ie Pattaya flying club.

Considering the number of visitors to Pattaya it surely must be one of the most dangerous places in the world to visit.

Applying your type of logic I would say the bed is the most dangerous place to be. Statistically most people die in bed ;)

...and Turkey is in asia - same as Thailand.so defining people as "Asian" is a bit unhelpful as is "English" when all it does is shows the appalling standard of reporting involved in this incident. (for those who don't geddit!)

...and Turkey is in asia - same as Thailand.so defining people as "Asian" is a bit unhelpful as is "English" when all it does is shows the appalling standard of reporting involved in this incident. (for those who don't geddit!)

You can lead a horse to water..........

Before making rash claims about the "dangers" of Pattaya, take an estimate of the average population, location and economy etc and then compare the crime figures with other similar towns - your theory will look sadly distorted.

I have also had this confirmed. I understand the main purpose is to 'dry out' surplus water/fluid from the womb. It also apparently involves eating 'dry food' ie no Tom Yum and you can shower but not shampoo. No alcohol. Should take a week.

I guess it beats sticking pins into dolls !

You learn something new every day. Thanks.

only fools don't learn from experience; I'll probably go back to T if I can manage, to show my son his Thaï familiy again, out of a sense of duty ; but frankly, I'm not thrilled at the prospect and the more I read TV, the more I find that there isn't much pleasure left for me there- especially given the high price of living in T now.

just for the record, my ex sis in law pisao, a lawyer, robbed the family and grandmother a month after she became a widow, with a legal document . Now please, for the one who said "what would you expect from a French, Ican't help but notice there have been no French involved in the numerous recent scandalous story . The French aren't interested in T any longer, they found other places, and I'd gladly do the same if I weren't stuck.

Sausageandmash wrote....

I play drums...........I smell.

I believe you, however I was not referring to the Thais, their fighting tactics are well documented. I was referring to Tokay's wild accusation that just because the guys were English, they did not have any cojones. What syllogistic reasoning brought him to that conclusion I can only assume is that he feels intimidated by Englishman (with or without cojones) and was seeking to get a sly dig in, hence craven racism.

Q.E.D.

Edited by JackHughes

From the article: " a bar with cosy music and girls for sale," What is a guy with wife and beautiful baby to show off doing at a place like that anyway. Tragic for the now widow and child. I guess after a period of grieving she'll reappear on TLL with all the other sad souls, or hopefully rescued by the Danish Social security system.

" a bar with cosy music and girls for sale," .... "girls for sale" ... Sickens me.

One dead Dane, and who paid the three unmentionable Thai hitmen?

Sausageandmash wrote....

I play drums...........I smell.

I believe you, however I was not referring to the Thais, their fighting tactics are well documented. I was referring to Tokay's wild accusation that just because the guys were English, they did not have any cojones. What syllogistic reasoning brought him to that conclusion I can only assume is that he feels intimidated by Englishman (with or without cojones) and was seeking to get a sly dig in, hence craven racism.

Q.E.D.

Isn't that "false syllogistic"?