Dane Dies After Brawling in Pattaya

webfact

Sausageandmash wrote....

I play drums...........I smell.

I believe you, however I was not referring to the Thais, their fighting tactics are well documented. I was referring to Tokay's wild accusation that just because the guys were English, they did not have any cojones. What syllogistic reasoning brought him to that conclusion I can only assume is that he feels intimidated by Englishman (with or without cojones) and was seeking to get a sly dig in, hence craven racism.

Q.E.D.

Isn't that "false syllogistic"?

Have another of what ever you are having and go to sleep! You forgot to post anything. You just reposted another persons post...

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sausageandmash wrote....

I believe you, however I was not referring to the Thais, their fighting tactics are well documented. I was referring to Tokay's wild accusation that just because the guys were English, they did not have any cojones. What syllogistic reasoning brought him to that conclusion I can only assume is that he feels intimidated by Englishman (with or without cojones) and was seeking to get a sly dig in, hence craven racism.

Q.E.D.

Have another of what ever you are having and go to sleep! You forgot to post anything. You just reposted another persons post...

Really - try reading it

Sausageandmash wrote....

Q.E.D.

Really - try reading it

Ah, maybe you should. Your text quote block is empty... Maybe you posted in the other persons text quote block? Keep up the fine posting!

Edited by Jimi007

Jim

What Deeral did was alter the text in the quote box. He has added his own comment and it appears to have been written by Jack as it is in the Quote box. He clearly is aware of that as he has asked you to read it again.

Did you know that altering what someone has said by changing the text within the quote box is against the forum rules Deeral?

Jim

What Deeral did was alter the text in the quote box. He has added his own comment and it appears to have been written by Jack as it is in the Quote box. He clearly is aware of that as he has asked you to read it again.

Did you know that altering what someone has said by changing the text within the quote box is against the forum rules Deeral?

I'm sorry, I didn't realise it was "Traffic Warden and Jobsworth" night.

if some of the posters spent less time quibbling about typos etc and applied a little common sense, they might be able to formulate a coherent point of view on the topic - but that evidently seems unlikely form a couple of posters on this thread......

BTW - keep up the false syllogism, you're doing fine!

Edited by Deeral

Jim

if some of the posters spent less time quibbling about typos etc and applied a little common sense, they might be able to formulate a coherent point of view on the topic - but that evidently seems unlikely form a couple of posters on this thread......

Deeral

Nobody would be on your back if you hadn't made such an ass of yourself on the other thread. Go sleep it off, and before you do, flush that totally misplaced superiority complex down the toilet along with the 10 pints of lager you seem to have had.

Jim

Deeral

Nobody would be on your back if you hadn't made such an ass of yourself on the other thread. Go sleep it off, and before you do, flush that totally misplaced superiority complex down the toilet along with the 10 pints of lager you seem to have had.

Imagine, some people don't need ten pints of lager. Still dear D's style suggests it I must admit ;)

Sausageandmash wrote....

Q.E.D.

Yes I should have written 'False' syllogistic, thanks Deeral. (Sorry Guys)

I was so ignorred when the kid was born, I wasn't allowed toclean him, nor feed him a baby bottle at night,etc; I got extrememly frustrated of it and grew angry .I could take over when he grew older; I found the mother is a decided imbecile and we eventually divorced She asked the divorce on grounds I was aggressive with the baby ! I'll never expect any fair play from a thaï now.

You married the wrong Thai women who obviously disliked you. Now you're laying the blame on a whole nation. Is that "fair play"?

Pattaya is no more dangerous than any other place. You have deaths like those reported everywhere in the world on a daily basis, difference being in most places they are not news worthy so they are not reported. :)

I get the point that in many places deaths are not reported like they are in Pattaya.

I love Pattaya but I still can't help feeling there is a disproportionate number of farang deaths in Pattaya than in most other places.

Titanium Member

Group:

Advanced Members Posts:

6,811 Joined:

2006-09-19 Posted Today, 09:02

souvenirdeparis, on 2010-10-07 13:40, said:

I was so ignorred when the kid was born, I wasn't allowed toclean him, nor feed him a baby bottle at night,etc; I got extrememly frustrated of it and grew angry .I could take over when he grew older; I found the mother is a decided imbecile and we eventually divorced She asked the divorce on grounds I was aggressive with the baby ! I'll never expect any fair play from a thaï now.

You married the wrong Thai women who obviously disliked you. Now you're laying the blame on a whole nation. Is that "fair play"?

you think I am a choir boy ? I call it self defence .

I paid as much as I feel very free to have my opinion at least .She obviously didn't develop her biased thinking on her owh, she had cultural responses and set ideology ; such eefishness didn t develop on its own, and most of all this air of her she was like a princessin exile and I was a cultureless bum. I see some here manage to make a good living in T, some found themselves the right wife, I respect them for that ; but T wasn't my lucky destination and I'd be a fool to keep romanticize about it.

Edited by souvenirdeparis

Pattaya is no more dangerous than any other place. You have deaths like those reported everywhere in the world on a daily basis, difference being in most places they are not news worthy so they are not reported. :)

I get the point that in many places deaths are not reported like they are in Pattaya.

I love Pattaya but I still can't help feeling there is a disproportionate number of farang deaths in Pattaya than in most other places.

Unfortunately Brit, Thailand is the most dangerous country in the world for Brits abroad and it would make sense that that would also be true of other farang nationalities, and given the number of news reports for Pattaya over other Thai places of interest, you would have to say that Pattaya is actually the most dangerous place.

Unfortunately Brit, Thailand is the most dangerous country in the world for Brits abroad and it would make sense that that would also be true of other farang nationalities, and given the number of news reports for Pattaya over other Thai places of interest, you would have to say that Pattaya is actually the most dangerous place.

IN the 20 years that i have spent in or around Thailand conducting buisness i have only once seen any violence and that was three thai guys fighting ,so its rubbish to say its dangerous in Pattaya

its only dangerous if your out pissed up and being a <deleted> late at night in bars and the like.

Well Thailand is number 1 for tourist deaths for Aussies as well as Brits.

'In the year to June 30 2009, a total of 105 Australians died in Thailand, according to the DFAT figures. This compares with 50 in the US and 58 in Indonesia, both countries with larger numbers of Aussie visitors'

Taken from Phuket Wan.

I would suggest that the vast majority of posts on Thai visa are in fact based on false syllogisms and similar misuses of logic

I only agree when you're prepared to include yourself.

BTW to talk of 'false' syllogisms is misleading. A syllogism is described as

a form of reasoning in which a conclusion is drawn from two given or assumed propositions (premises): a common or middle term is present in the two premises but not in the conclusion, which may be invalid (e.g. all trains are long; some busses are long; therefor some buses are trains: the common term is 'long') ...(Concise Oxford Dictionary, Eight Edition 1990)

So the premises and conclusion may or may not be correct. If a situation doesn't conform to the description of a syllogism it is 'not a syllogism' and NOT a 'false syllogism'.

Edited by rubl

I would suggest that the vast majority of posts on Thai visa are in fact based on false syllogisms and similar misuses of logic

a form of reasoning in which a conclusion is drawn from two given or assumed propositions (premises): a common or middle term is present in the two premises but not in the conclusion, which may be invalid (e.g. all trains are long; some busses are long; therefor some buses are trains: the common term is 'long') ...(Concise Oxford Dictionary, Eight Edition 1990)

So the premises and conclusion may or may not be correct. If a situation doesn't conform to the description of a syllogism it is 'not a syllogism' and NOT a 'false syllogism'.

So he's talking <deleted> then??

So he's talking <deleted> then??

You have a way with words, dear chap, but YES !

Well, this is another stupid story that has been pushed in our face without any of the circumstantial evidence needed to confirm the direct cause of death.

Once the C.O.D. is confirmed, the forensics can match the evidence around the blow that caused the internal problems, and then match the trace evidence from that death blow with the British men's DNA tissue, saliva, and footware samples, as there is probably trace evidence around the head wounds.

I mentioned the "head wounds" part, because, if there is any weight to the Thai men story, then any expat knows that Thai men like to get the victim down on the ground and then kick and stomp the shit out of their ribs and head, Thais do not use their fists. There should be plenty of evidence there to match against the British men's shoes, etc. This is purely speculatory, though. I believe the British men are more than likey not the ones who delivered the death blow.

Again, without the cause of death, this is all much ado about nothing; that includes the bar girl story about the wife, her lover and accomplices, the British men, a pre-existing injury or condition that was triggered by the rucus, and any other theory.

Let's hope Thailand C.S.I. conducts the proper investigation, and that the surviving family members hire a proper forensics expert to examine that evidence.

You are joking, surely?

Not joking. Just hoping. On the other hand, I agree that the procedures of handling crimes of this nature are a joke. That is a certainty.

Well, this is another stupid story that has been pushed in our face without any of the circumstantial evidence needed to confirm the direct cause of death.

Once the C.O.D. is confirmed, the forensics can match the evidence around the blow that caused the internal problems, and then match the trace evidence from that death blow with the British men's DNA tissue, saliva, and footware samples, as there is probably trace evidence around the head wounds.

I mentioned the "head wounds" part, because, if there is any weight to the Thai men story, then any expat knows that Thai men like to get the victim down on the ground and then kick and stomp the shit out of their ribs and head, Thais do not use their fists. There should be plenty of evidence there to match against the British men's shoes, etc. This is purely speculatory, though. I believe the British men are more than likey not the ones who delivered the death blow.

Again, without the cause of death, this is all much ado about nothing; that includes the bar girl story about the wife, her lover and accomplices, the British men, a pre-existing injury or condition that was triggered by the rucus, and any other theory.

Let's hope Thailand C.S.I. conducts the proper investigation, and that the surviving family members hire a proper forensics expert to examine that evidence.

Crime scene preservation, like honesty and commitment are traits the Thai Police will never have!

I agree. That leads one to believe that the event of the crime itself does not end, in Thailand, once the police and the justice system become involved; it perpetuates!

'In the year to June 30 2009, a total of 105 Australians died in Thailand, according to the DFAT figures. This compares with 50 in the US and 58 in Indonesia, both countries with larger numbers of Aussie visitors'

Taken from Phuket Wan.

This has come up before, and the general consensus was that there are many more retirees in Thailand therefore death figures (which include old age) are higher than other mainly tourist destinations.

ie, smaller amounts of visitors , but many more long term visitors.

Taken from Phuket Wan.

This has come up before, and the general consensus was that there are many more retirees in Thailand therefore death figures (which include old age) are higher than other mainly tourist destinations.

Thailand isnt the number 1 place for British retirees, try France, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Cyprus.

Edit - and the US and Auz

http://www.independe...ad-2052834.html

And believe more Brits holiday in Thailand then any other nation or certainly western nation.

Edited by Englander

The Dane travels to Thailand to show off his 3 week old baby to Thai relatives. He must have a screw loose; who takes a 3 week old infant on an international flight? That in and of itself is irresponsible. Then he goes on a pub crawl with violence?

Darwinism in action...

Babies at 3 weeks are perfectly fine to fly. All they do is eat and sleep at that age anyway.

As long as they have a clean bill of health at their 2 week check, there is nothing wrong with flying with a baby.

Wronnnnnnng. I'm guessing you've flown with a (your?) baby, oblivious to the fact that it screamed almost all the way on a long haul flight, keeping everyone else awake. Selfish bastard.

Nice avatar by the way. :)

Edited by evanson

Taken from Phuket Wan.

I dunno about that i would like to see the figures.

There are plenty of Aussie retirees in Indonesia particularly Bali and you don't hear the same sort of stories coming out of Bali or Indonesia as you do Thaialand on such a regular basis.

^lot of old lads running around thailand who drink too much and aren't very healthy for that matter. So am I truly surprised farangs nod off so often - not at all. Same lads most likely be dead wherever they might be if it weren't thailand.

Edited by britmaveric

The Dane travels to Thailand to show off his 3 week old baby to Thai relatives. He must have a screw loose; who takes a 3 week old infant on an international flight? That in and of itself is irresponsible. Then he goes on a pub crawl with violence?

Darwinism in action...

Babies at 3 weeks are perfectly fine to fly. All they do is eat and sleep at that age anyway.

As long as they have a clean bill of health at their 2 week check, there is nothing wrong with flying with a baby.

Wronnnnnnng. I'm guessing you've flown with a (your?) baby, oblivious to the fact that it screamed almost all the way on a long haul flight, keeping everyone else awake. Selfish bastard.

Nice avatar by the way. :)

Lol

Yes I've flown with my baby, although not at 2 weeks. He was born in October so is very easy going. We booked one of the travel cots that hangs on hooks and he slept almost the entire way. No screaming, no fuss. In fact, if I remember rightly I got plastered and let the wife take care of him. She didn't murder me on arrival in BKK, so the flight must have been uneventful.

Don't hate on people who travel with their kids - some of us have no choice, like my upcoming trip back to the UK for business - should I just leave my kid in Thailand all alone? Think not. I hope someone of your opinion sits next to me on the flight so I can enjoy watching him/her squirm the whole way. C'est la vie, upgrade and fly business if you don't want to sit with the great unwashed.

I will however be flying again soon and my son is now 1 yrs old and more of a handful. He is now too big for the cot and too young for his own seat (and ticket). He has to sit on my lap the whole way. I may well re-asses my view after that flight!

Edited by bangkockney