Double Entry Tourist Other Than Vientiane

I'm one of the folks who got burned at CMU on the ED visa. My 90 days (original - not extension) is up Dec 3rd. I have 10 months remaining on my house lease and then will likely leave Thailand. Please tell me few things: First, my understanding from reading on TV is that I can go out of the country to Thai embassy or consulate, obtain a 60 day tourist visa double entry (currently free of charge until March...?....2011).

I return to Thailand, and at 60 days, extend 30 days. Now the total is 90 days. At 90 days I leave the country any which way I choose, by land or plane, return and repeat the process.

1) Total now: 6 months........correct?

2) How much is the extension?

3) Has there ever been a problem with Immigration in Chiang Mai doing the above? Does it rub them the wrong way?

4) Can you tell me the best places where I can travel that afford a reasonably good opportunity to do this? I've been to Vientiane, please don't make me go back there! Bali, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Japan?

Thanks much in advance.

1. Yes but be aware you must make second entry during the validity of issued visa (from Vientiane that is 3 months from issue day).

2. All extensions are 1,900 baht using TM.7 form.

3. No reports of problems - only Udon seem to have an issue with more than one 30 day extension.

4. Vientiane. From current reports it is not nearly as crowded as previously. Most other places in the immediate area will only issue single entry.

Thanks LopBuri 3 for the quick response.

So, second entry must be by day 90, or 89?

I'm not concerned with how busy it is. Vientiane is simply one of the most boring places on earth. I was hoping to try KL, or Bali as I've never been there. Any place but Vientiane. I've also found good prices to the other places by air that are the same or lower than Vientiane.

Anyone have experience there? Phillipines? AntArtic?

I am thinking of going to the Phillipines for a Visa run. I have a double entry visa that I got in Cambodia. The first 60 days is almost up so I'll be going to get the 30 day extension soon here in TH. After that 30 days I need to leave TH to make the second entry. I know I could just go to Cambo again and not have to stay over night but I may be going to PI with some friends.

I searched quite a bit for it but I did not come up with much info, especially recent info. If anyone has info on making a Visa run to PI, let me know. Also Vietnam is in the picture for a visa run too. Thanks - SS

• 4 weeks later...

I am in KL/ Malaysia right now to get a double entry. This morning I went to the Thai embassy, and when I applied for the double, I was told I needed 2 tickets (bus, plane...) to enter Thailand, which I had not. I was very surprised to hear I needed tickets to -enter- Thailand and not to -leave- Thailand.

On the telephone I was not informed well, so be warned. Maybe you could email first and print out the their reply as proof.

I somehow have the feeling that their policy is not consistent and differs per person, per week...

Btw Buscompanies in Malaysia only sell tickets for the coming month, not for +1 month.