Big Bike Tuning Pattaya

misterphil

Does any one know of a good big bike shop or a mechanic in Pattaya that can tune my Honda CB400 Super Four? There is something wrong with the carburettors and the mechanic in Chiang Mai tried to set up the carbs but was unsuccessful. When I pull away it has a flat spot at around 3,000 to 4,000 rpm and is very difficult to get going without revving the balls of it. Also when trying to cruise it doesn't like it and seems to be urging as if it just wants to let rip. Very annoying when riding and needs to be sorted out ASAP. When ridden very hard its great but impossible to take it easy on it.

Thanks in advance.

You don't say our old the bike is on my CB400 super 4 1998 thrown together Thai jobby from Japan l ordered a carb kit a Honda one along with the replacements of a lot of cheap Chinese shit that it was put together with and sorted it myself.

There pretty straight forward to work on and mine purred after like a new bike, bullet proof engines.

Went around to the ' k ' on the kph on the speedo.:D

Edited by Kwasaki

I think I know where you mean. If you come from 3rd road heading towards thappraya is it just on your left?

Cheers

In Bangkok it would be easy. Maybe some of the Pattaya guys will chime in.

There is that one shop on second road - right at the extreme south end next to the flyover. Very helpful.

Send for one of these, http://www.carbtune.com/ Then check your ECU aint a restricted one..Check for leaks in any carb rubbers, wd40 good for this with engine running..take out air filter for the time being..until you find the fault..Check your pilot and main jets are clear and the right size..(plenty info online re.sizes)..Fully charged battery?..Check your plugs for oil or wrong burning colour..Check/adjust your carb floats ....if req`d..Run it at night with the tank off, with an alternative (longer fuel lines) and look for sparks to earth from the plug caps/leads and coils, cut back the ht leads and remake, can get well corroded... maybe you may also have a duff coil..Check the fuel filter at the tank cock is clear, check any fuel feed, vaccum or return lines on the fuel tank are clear not twist or cracked and that any breathers under the tank fuel cap are clear, (or open the tank flap while testing)....Any blanking caps missing on the carbs?? look for open holes..The list goes on...but try it yourself first.....if not stick it on a truck and bring to issan and i`ll have a look at it..

Edited by rizla