Selling Houses

I posted a topic a couple of weeks ago on getting a job in Thailand.

I had a lot of good advice so im back for more.

I have been offerd a couple of jobs selling houses land and business's.

I have also been offerd jobs in the old "holiday clubs" time share in my language.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience, advice about this industry. Is there enough potential to make a reasonable living out of it.

I have been offered the jobs in phuket, koh samui, pattaya.

I understand that it is a cut throat business from the advice i have already recieved.

Advice please?

Taking such a job in any country should involve reliable statistics on prject sales to date and your potental employers projections of what your expectd income should be. Then check it out carefully including who will be competng with you for the same customers at your place of employment.

You should believe in the value of the proprty and whethr you feel it is a good buy so when you try to sell them, you believe in wht you are doing.

What type of marketing do they have in place and how many potential buyers are expectd to visit the project in a given month? If you have experience in this form of employment these suggestions are obvious, if not, expect small income until you get that experience and really get good at this speciality sales business.

The resort that has offerd me a job is a sea front in Patong, Nice place, good website. I went past the place a few times 2 months ago looks good.

They have guests there who are on the free 1 week holiday to see if they want to join the club!!!! 2000bht for a 2year trial membership, up to 12000 for the top wack 5 year deluxe.

The other jobs are in the Golf holiday,2nd home market mainly, selling land, apartments and houses to the retired farang, holiday home market.

I have lots of sales experience but nothing in the housing market.

Just wantet to know what anyone with experienc thought of this?

The resort that has offerd me a job is a sea front in Patong, Nice place, good website. I went past the place a few times 2 months ago looks good.

They have guests there who are on the free 1 week holiday to see if they want to join the club!!!! 2000bht for a 2year trial membership, up to 12000 for the top wack 5 year deluxe.

The other jobs are in the Golf holiday,2nd home market mainly, selling land, apartments and houses to the retired farang, holiday home market.

I have lots of sales experience but nothing in the housing market.

Just wantet to know what anyone with experienc thought of this?

Wear a durable chastity belt if you are planning to work in the Timeshare business in Thailand (Patong :o ) -- yeah, you'll work alright; question is will you get paid? ... hence the chastity belt! Dig? :D

Got to agree with Harmonica. The Patong area is notorious for timeshare sellers, and they are all invariably farang.

I was having a beer in Patong once and a farang guy offered me a 1000 baht to come see a timeshare with him. He didnt even bother making the sales pitch. He came right out and told me he gets 2000 for every prospect he entices to the resorts and that if I went through the motions with him, he'd split the proceeds. It seems he was nowhere near meeting his quota for the month.

A sad existence in my view.

• 5 weeks later...
Got to agree with Harmonica.  The Patong area is notorious for timeshare sellers, and they are all invariably farang.

I was having a beer in Patong once and a farang guy offered me a 1000 baht to come see a timeshare with him.  He didnt even bother making the sales pitch. He came right out and told me he gets 2000 for every prospect he entices to the resorts and that if I went through the motions with him, he'd split the proceeds.  It seems he was nowhere near meeting his quota for the month.

A sad existence in my view.

I was looking for the same job opportunity, you open my eyes, thanks :o