UFO scare prompts Chinese airport to shut down

News_Editor

UFO scare prompts Chinese airport to shut down

2010-10-06 20:03:31 GMT+7 (ICT)

BEIJING, CHINA (BNO NEWS) -- A Chinese airport temporarily closed on Tuesday amid fears that one of the passenger planes could collide with an unidentified flying object (UFO) that was seen in the area, local media reported on Wednesday.

The airport, located in Baotou of Inner Mongolia in the northern region of China, shut down for approximately one hour and delayed the arrival of three flights from Shanghai and Beijing. They flew in circles around the airport until the airways were cleared and the UFO had disappeared. Another two flights were diverted to Ordos and Taiyuan, which are nearby cities.

According to reports, air traffic controllers spotted the UFO on a radar but failed to make radio contact, which prompted them to warn airport operations. "To guarantee security, aircraft had to land at secondary airports. Otherwise, it may have led to collision," the Sun quoted a spokeswoman as saying.

Tuesday's incident was the third such incident in China recently. In July, Xioshan International airport in Zhejiang province was forced to temporarily shut down because of a UFO sighting, although it was later reported that the sighted object was part of a nearby military test.

In late June, another UFO sighting in Xinjiang province prompted similar actions.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2010-10-06

Very good decision indeed. Flying saucers are not completely harmless as they move with extreme high speed.

A 'U.F.O.' is exactly that...an Unidentified Flying Object. 'U.F.O.' does not instantly mean 'flying saucer', unless you watch too much television.

Exactly. Anyway surely the Chinese would have known that all Extra-terrestrials (as opposed to extra testicles) have TCAS systems fitted to their flying saucers. They must have, there hasnt been a collision yet. ;)

Very good decision indeed. Flying saucers are not completely harmless as they move with extreme high speed.

A 'U.F.O.' is exactly that...an Unidentified Flying Object. 'U.F.O.' does not instantly mean 'flying saucer', unless you watch too much television.

Exactly. Anyway surely the Chinese would have known that all Extra-terrestrials (as opposed to extra testicles) have TCAS systems fitted to their flying saucers. They must have, there hasnt been a collision yet. ;)

:cheesy:

I met an E.T. once.

I asked it, "Why don't you people visit Earth more often?"

It's answer was, "We don't like your planet. You punish people for not wearing clothes, kill your own kind by law even though your go to great lengths to protect your species. You are blinded by emotional issues regarding death & this in turn affects the level of population. You rape, pillage & pollute your planet, all for something you call 'money'.

We'll just wait for you to destroy yourselves, which won't be too far down the track. And by the way, your aircraft suck."

My next question was, "What advice do you have for us?"

It's answer was, "Get a life & stop being idiots."

Edited by elkangorito

Mr Never! An 'anal probe' is not nice...especially when performed by an alien, who has no idea about the 'G spot'.

I was drugged (anally) & then the rest seemed like a dream. :lol:

That wasnt an Alien elkangorito :annoyed: ....ohhh and it wasnt an anal probe either :lol:

I think you'll find that a UFO is a flying saucer manned by aliens. What else could it be????????

I think you'll find that a UFO is a flying saucer manned by aliens. What else could it be????????

tea cup

They closed the airport for fear that a passenger plane would collide with a UFO, thereby forcing the planes to circle the airport. Am I missing something here? Wouldn't keeping the planes in the air, in the area, only increase the chance of a collision?

an Unidentified Flying Object. 'U.F.O.' does not instantly mean 'flying saucer', unless you watch too much television.

or you are former USAF personnel stationed at nuclear weapons sites / bases.. :unsure:

Are you afraid of anything & everything that is 'unidentifiable'?

only certain foodstuffs sold by a few street vendors around pratunam... ;)

an Unidentified Flying Object. 'U.F.O.' does not instantly mean 'flying saucer', unless you watch too much television.

or you are former USAF personnel stationed at nuclear weapons sites / bases.. :unsure:

Are you afraid of anything & everything that is 'unidentifiable'?

Yes, Neverdie`s avatar scares the crap out of me.

And if the aliens did ever invade Thailand, would they still have to report to Immigration every 90 days and be susceptible to duel pricing?

Edited by Beetlejuice

Your average Chinese already considers any human creature other than Han Chinese an extra-terrestrial, so they have grown used to such shocking developments over the past 30 or so years. Apparently, white people are ocassionally spotted in the provinces.

As well, take any news report from China with a huge grain of salt. Reports such as a lady who spent the past 50 years collecting 100 tons of fly wings ended up being urban legends picked up by the less-than-professional "press" and then reported as fact.

I have also been privileged to witness a true Chinese fire drill -- people in China race around in a panic at the drop of a hat, often terrified of something that didn't actually happen. Unfortunately -- because I would love to see more verified information on UFOs -- this stuff is certain to be operator error all the way down the line from the airports themselves to the newspapers or other Chinese media that report it.

Your average Chinese already considers any human creature other than Han Chinese an extra-terrestrial, so they have grown used to such shocking developments over the past 30 or so years. Apparently, white people are ocassionally spotted in the provinces.

As well, take any news report from China with a huge grain of salt. Reports such as a lady who spent the past 50 years collecting 100 tons of fly wings ended up being urban legends picked up by the less-than-professional "press" and then reported as fact.

I have also been privileged to witness a true Chinese fire drill -- people in China race around in a panic at the drop of a hat, often terrified of something that didn't actually happen. Unfortunately -- because I would love to see more verified information on UFOs -- this stuff is certain to be operator error all the way down the line from the airports themselves to the newspapers or other Chinese media that report it.

I wonder if this lady was put on high alert ?

RTEmagicC_othman.jpg.jpg

"Mazlan Othman, a Malaysian astrophysicist, is set to be tasked with co-ordinating humanity’s response if and when extraterrestrials make contact.

Aliens who landed on earth and asked: “Take me to your leader” would be directed to Mrs Othman. "

From the "Daily Telegraph", 8th October 2010

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/8025832/UN-to-appoint-space-ambassador-to-greet-alien-visitors.html