Thai Cash Card

You mean VISA electronic card from your saving account? if yes you can aborad in most ATM, maybe some from local small bank not work but all from international banks. I use often in Switzerland, Hong Kong, Laos, Vietnam and also Philippines. So it must work in UK too. Even you get the better exchange rate. I not remember the max amount but should be approx 300 dollar per day.

Edited by challenger99

You mean VISA electronic card from your saving account? if yes you can aborad in most ATM, maybe some from local small bank not work but all from international banks. I use often in Switzerland, Hong Kong, Laos, Vietnam and also Philippines. So it must work in UK too. Even you get the better exchange rate. I not remember the max amount but should be approx 300 dollar per day.

I've used my SCB atm card in the UK. So, yes they work. Haven't tried it for a few years though.

yep, just find an ATM with the Plus sign.

Thanks guys, it`s a kasikorn visa card thingi, i have a savings account...cheers

Next thing i need to do is see if i can purchase my airline ticket with it? i`m in thailnd now

Edited by rizla

Most Thai banks have 2 cards. One for the mass of the Thai population who do not travel internationally. The other for those who do which is normally tied to VISA (Plus) or MASTERCARD (Cirrus). You can look on your card for either the VISA symbol of the MC symbol, or the Plus and Cirrus logos. If you have this you can travel. Just call your bank. They can tell you what type of card you have.

Edited by ianguygil

yep, just find an ATM with the Plus sign.

Thanks guys, it`s a kasikorn visa card thingi, i have a savings account...cheers

Next thing i need to do is see if i can purchase my airline ticket with it? i`m in thailnd now

Many Airline company you can book direct as eg KLM and they have a BanK Account in Thailand just because

they know with a "only electronic" VISA etc. you can purchase any thing. So I do with KLM I go to a ATM of my

Thai bank and make a ATM transfer and after I fax or scan/e-mail my recip.

I have used my Kasikorn Visa Debit card throughout the UK, as well as mainland Europe, to withdraw cash and to make purchases, as recently as a couple of months ago, and never had a problem, you just need an ATM with a Visa sign, which is most if not all.

The only caveat is that when using my debit card in a few shops the shop assistants couldn't get to grips with the fact that foreign cards aren't chip and pin enabled and don't always have the name of the cardholder embossed, I just told them to swipe the card and see what happened.

You should be able to purchase an airline ticket with it in Thailand if you go to an agent but I don't think you can purchase anything on line with it. At least I can't with my KTB electronic VISA. Need a regular credit card for online purchases.

Thanks for all the replys, very helpfull and usefull...

I can make purchases ok online with my card, as kasikorn gives you an online "virtual credit card" number linked to your normal savings account card, i even have it set up with paypal, for ebay etc, and it works a treat...i`ve even used that number over the phone for purchases from the uk etc and had the goods posted here, you get a 3 digit security code also....

I can make purchases ok online with my card, as kasikorn gives you an online "virtual credit card"

That might prove 'interesting' for an on-line airline ticket purchase. With TG, at least, they say you need to show the credit/debit card used in the purchase at check-in. (However, this was *not* the case a few weeks back traveling out of CNX.)

That might prove 'interesting' for an on-line airline ticket purchase. With TG, at least, they say you need to show the credit/debit card used in the purchase at check-in. (However, this was *not* the case a few weeks back traveling out of CNX.)

Yes it's very hit and miss with this rule though I would hate to fall foul of it when I actually check in.

Many airlines say they require the actual card used for the booking must be shown at check in, Qatar goes one stage further and actually says that because of this requirement virtual cards cannot be used for making online bookings.

I'm sure that there will be numerous people boring us with their "it's never been a problem with me" stories, but, as I say, I wouldn't want to have a problem at check in.