How To Mount A Comfortable Recliner Chair On To A Bike

furyrider

I am going to buy a bike in Bangkok and drive it to Udon. My wife said she will not ride that far with me because the set is to uncomfortable.

So I found a good deal on a nice comfortable chair. But have no Idea how to mount it securely to the finder.

I would hate to have her fall off with it the way home. I was thinking of some rubber rope and tying it to the fender but the tyre is in the way.

I don't speak Thai well enough to make them understand what I am trying to do so they have been no help.

Just kidding

All I need is to find a upholster shop that can strip the seat pan put more foam and may be a gel in it. Just customize what is there.

I posted once and got some views but no response.

Just out of curiosity, what is the bike you will travel this longish distance on.

Honda Fury

That is if it goes well when I get there. If not I will go after the vulcan 900. I just like the way the Honda fury looks. I have friends state side that have them and have been hearing good reports about them. The bad thing is the seat. Honda didn't think that through very well. Mostly everybody has been buying new seats for them or having them redone. I am not sure I could find a new seat to fit the Fury in Thailand. So I thought of just adding extra padding in to the seats and a back rest for now.

Edited by xray

gel is a bad idea here in Thailand as it gets way to hot. And can break down in the heat and go hard 

Order yourself some sargent atomic seat foam before you come back to Thailand.

http://www.sargentcycle.com/csroadcom.htm

You have to call or email to order it. Then go to pretty much any seat place and get it done. I'm sure that RedBaron will know some where.

Personally if i was taking the missus on the bike i would get the Kawasaki. And also no possible problems about Green books.

One of the frustrations but also one of the pleasures of living in Asia is that one cannot always have what one wants.

If you have already found a Fury here then OK. If not there maybe more Kawa's available.

As far as passenger comfort long distance is concerned, as she may not actually have sat on the bike I think a back rest would suffice. Which you could bring with you if you want. All other upholstery changes can be done cheaply here.

Best option buy wife a bus/plane ticket and go on your own. Take a few days and stay in Khon Kaen etc., go to Kho yai.

Or Tell wife you have heard that Novotel? Khon Kaen has a good bar! See what happens.

3rd option rent a mini bus and have it and the wife follow or meet you at night.