Family Of Dead Bomber To Get Bt400,000 Relief Payment

webfact

Red Shirt Jihadist relief fund is more like it. Just like the Muslim extremists, make payments to the family's of dead suicide bombers. Are they going to give them 72 virgins as a reward as well?

Yes, they will receive it all. Well, the 72 virgins are from a catholic monastery, and they're not older than 89. :jap:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pays to be a bomber hey! Can see it for the victims, but not for the perp.

Cheers, Rick

This sends the wrong message. Blow yourself up and your family gets 400,000 THB

"Here, we need some more money, why not go blow up yourself. The family needs it."

To pay a family member this amount of money and not hold anyone responsible, well. We're in the wrong line of profession.

Pays to be a bomber hey! Can see it for the victims, but not for the perp.

Cheers, Rick

This sends the wrong message. Blow yourself up and your family gets 400,000 THB

"Here, we need some more money, why not go blow up yourself. The family needs it."

To pay a family member this amount of money and not hold anyone responsible, well. We're in the wrong line of profession.

We ? You may consider to be a suicide bomber, but I have other plans for the future. I'm perfectly happy with what I do which has nothing at all to do with bombs or (violent) deaths :)

In U.S. if you accidentally are killed, ( say by airline misfortune ) i understand the value of human life to be set @ 3.M. U.S.D.............................. IN America,all life is equal, regardless of nationality. Thai guests, pay close attention, this is an example of somethig different for you............................................................................ "higher standards"

Thai govt pays, $12.500 U.S.D( 400,000BHT @x32 ) for " accidental death" ( I'm laughing so hard right now i almost spilled my tom yum )

3M/12.5= 240

therefore , your life is worth 1/240th of its " REAL " value in LOS, ( in a best case) as an American, to the Thai authorities.

so..........your life is almost worthless in Thailand.

Question: why would i risk my life with lower safety standards say in phuket ( which is becoming a sewer) as a diver, when i can have all of the best infrastructure ( read; higher standards ) in cairns or hawaii?. Yes i can get laid on my own.

Ohh really? The USA, such a great country. You should immediately go there and hope for getting killed in an accident so you can enjoy your "real" value.

Adieu, have fun and good luck. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

This could lead to some creative thinking from some cash strapped family members with little value on life.

If a family did that, it shows it is not so much a true "family" but more simply some rats born into the same immediate genetic pool.....much like animals that will eat their own kids when they are hungry or to keep their sons from taking over.

I won't comment farther ....for fear of being un-PC.

This could lead to some creative thinking from some cash strapped family members with little value on life.

Can someone please explain the reason behind paying for people that want to cause harm,ok the family has lost a family member put that person was going out of his way to kill others ?

it's for ages the done thing on the arab peninsula. reason: innocent dependent family members should not suffer because of the crime of a guilty member. whether this is right or wrong can be debated.

Puts a whole new twist on the suicide bomber idea....

Suddenly a few farangs seemingly commit failed suicide attacks and their teared up widows get checks...just when you thought you were safe just because you did not have a life insurance...

Red Shirt Jihadist relief fund is more like it. Just like the Muslim extremists, make payments to the family's of dead suicide bombers. Are they going to give them 72 virgins as a reward as well?

There are no virgins [worth touching] in Thailand... ;)

On second thought...how much would it cost if the government offered a 'cash for terrorist'-project, where they could turn themselves in and get lined up against a wall infront a firing squad and the family get an automatic payout of 400k?

Edited by TAWP

I'm kind of surprised nobody has worked that angle yet, actually.

maybe Samai Wongsuwan did.

he was on the run for terrorism, so big chance for life imprisonment or death penalty - shorten the misery and family gets the benefit

Someone once said that the Thais would do just about anything to get money. This is a fair enough statement, but we must remember that this in not strictly a Thai trait.

I remember back home, where young people would run over their friends leg with a car, and then claim compensation so that they could get the money to buy a better car. And why not, 6 weeks of recuperation, using the free medical that is offered, social security payments during this time, and a nice big fat check at the end for pain and suffering. Easy huh?

So the law here in Thailand is also easy to exploit if you are that way inclined, just that for most people this is an in-just law. Just how does a suspected terrorist, bomber, very likely murderer, fall into the bracket where he/she is deserved of compensation.

I am of the belief that if a person is dead, then trying to mitigate their life by only saying good things about them is the most disrespectful thing you can do to the survivors of an act like the one in the story. Then to give the family a reward for this persons actions is yet another insult. What about the person that may have lost their job because of an injury requiring a short stay in hospital, and prevents them from working???

Rewarding people for doing the wrong thing is totally crazy, and the precedent that it sets opens the door for copy-cat displays of continued violence.

It has been said before, expect others on suspected terrorist charges, or possible other life sentence charges to do the same thing, so that in death they can reward their family.

Now where are you going to find 72 Virgins eh !!!!

only in Thailand !

Which reminds me, do you know why Jesus wasn't born in Thailand? Because God couldn't find three wise men and a virgin, ha, ha.

Although a large number of girls in Thailand are virgins until they marry ?

I think you're confusing Thailand with the UK and America or just every Thai girl with hookers.

A bit ironic, but good to see the law works and is executed as defined.

I guess some amendments to the law will be proposed soon ?

there are laws in a lot of countries which do not allow a criminal to benefit financially from a crime committed. E.G ....killing someone to benefit from an Insurance policy. There are other laws which allow victims to claim compensation as a result of a crime. Perhaps Thailand should review some of ther laws to make them comparable to other countries. Why should Thai taxpayers have to support anyone/family as a result of a criminal act.

Red Bomber Samai left a wife and 3 kids.

I don't have a problem with the govt. giving them some money. They apparently weren't involved in his Red lunacy.

If other Reds want to line up and bomb themselves to oblivion also, then they should go for it. It'll be a short line. The Reds don't have suicidal bombers and they aren't dedicated with the fervor necessary to start.

I do have a problem with it. Play with fire and you sometimes get burned - som nom naar.

Give the money to the victims families. - and please don't call samai a 'victim'.

He didn't

No, I agree - the comment was a general one. I should have perhaps said ".. and please don't anyone call Samai a victim".

I do not agree that his children were victims - they lost a father who played a dangerous game. They should not be compensated by the government.

I also think that COULD potentially lead to a new bread of suicide bombers. It is said that life is cheap inThailand - put a higher value on it and the lunatics will soon come out of the woodwork.

Edited by cardholder

On second thought...how much would it cost if the government offered a 'cash for terrorist'-project, where they could turn themselves in and get lined up against a wall infront a firing squad and the family get an automatic payout of 400k?

Sound nice, but I'm afraid there are some legal complications with your idea. The TAT might like it though, could attract those millions of tourists they are still so anxious to get ;)

PLEASE let me know where you do find 72 virgins in LOVS (Land Of Vertical Smile), And for the bomber, as long they kill themself and not hurt other, fine for me.