Woman Surprises Mourners At Her Funereal

george

Woman surprises mourners at her funereal

SA KAEW: -- Mourners seeking a final glimpse of a 44-year-old spiritual medium were shocked to find her alive and blinking her eyes in bewilderment when they opened her coffin during her funeral on Sunday.

Relatives and friends who attended the funeral of Champa Wantakorot in Sa Kaew’s Wang Nam Yen District stopped short of believing she had risen from the dead, even though she was a medium to contact the spirit Pho Chao Samingphrai.

Champa was operated for cervical cancer last Wednesday and was taken home by her family on Sunday despite doctors’ objections. Her family believed that her condition had deteriorated and that she wanted to die at home.

Champa ate some noodles on the way home and started convulsing. She became short of breath before falling unconscious.

Rot Wantakorot, 45, Champa’s husband said he and his children could not find a pulse when they checked her wrist, and thought her breathing had stopped. They put her body in a coffin they bought on the way home.

Champa said she had been “chilled to her spine” when her family told her she had been placed in the coffin and was to be injected with formaldehyde.

Dr Sunthorn Yontrakul, director of Somdej Phra Yupparat Sa Kaew Hospital, said Champa had not died, only fallen unconscious, but her relatives had misunderstood her condition.

Though Champa is still recuperating from her operation, she was able to walk on Sunday.

The family burnt her coffin at the temple yesterday to ward off any bad omens.

-- The Nation 2005-07-26

At the Coffin Shop.

Seller; Can I help you sir?

Customer; I wanna coffin.

Seller; And what size is the deceased sir?

Customer; Hang on, I'll go get her. She's in the back of the pick up.

Seller; Don't bother sir, we have this 'one-size-fits-all' model.

Customer; How much?

Seller; It depends on what you want exactly. We have the flame resistant type that prolongs the cremation period to increase the overall party time. It happens to be very popular if I may say so.

Or, if you're looking to bury her we have this one in a dark rosewood that doesn't show up the dirt as much.

Customer; hmmm..a party. That reminds me, I'll have to go to Tesco Lotus and buy some beer and food. And while I'm there I can buy some washers for a leaky tap. I'll get back to you later about the coffin. Are you open tomorrow?