Computer Help Needed

deejah

any computer savey farang in patttaya that can help service my laptop?

or competent thais for that matter

or steer me in the right direction

my cpu is running 100% i think with explore.exe

did some research with possible solutions

but i need someone with experience

xp acting up big time

afraid it will die before i can fix or replace

i am near soi boy cow and soi chaiapoon

on that note if you have a laptop you want to sell please contact me, mod feel free to edit if not appropriate

thanks

acer aspire 5500z

been to tukcom with a computer problem in the past

i did not like the service i got

perhaps i should try your place

i have a few ideas how to fix it

some i can apply myself

some i need help with

oh and the problem is currently intermittent

dont you hate those kind of problems???

probably bring it down there and it will have no problem!

until i get it back home :whistling:

Go to TukCom--either on the 2nd or 3rd floor-turn left from the escalator-you will see Pattaya2U that repairs any computer for 300B. They fixed mine, and it was better that before the problem.

Fourth floor if you count the ground as number one, at the back in the corner !!

Go to TukCom--either on the 2nd or 3rd floor-turn left from the escalator-you will see Pattaya2U that repairs any computer for 300B. They fixed mine, and it was better that before the problem.

I had a problem there once with the fat boy who works there. I caught him putting a key logger on my notebook. Saw him putting a jump drive into my system when there was no need to, went over to see what was going on and he carefully pulled it out and put it in his pocket. I pushed the issue cause I wanted to know what it was, of course I got no where with the boss there or the kid. Went home, ran a root kit scan and there it was. Went back, showed the boss and the kid, accomplished nothing.

They are decent for general work but keep an eye on them and when you leave, get a root kit scanner (I use Sophos) and run it, along with a full deep virus scan.

I had a problem there once with the fat boy who works there. I caught him putting a key logger on my notebook. Saw him putting a jump drive into my system when there was no need to, went over to see what was going on and he carefully pulled it out and put it in his pocket. I pushed the issue cause I wanted to know what it was, of course I got no where with the boss there or the kid. Went home, ran a root kit scan and there it was. Went back, showed the boss and the kid, accomplished nothing.

They are decent for general work but keep an eye on them and when you leave, get a root kit scanner (I use Sophos) and run it, along with a full deep virus scan.

WOW of WOW, that is really BAD news since I use them all the time. Is there a root kit scanner that you can recommend. I know the person you are talking about and he is the 2nd in charge there and has worked on my computer many times.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks again

where is jib please?

not sure if it was mentioned here

i ran 3 diff virus scans AND installed and ran spybot

all is good

is there something else i should be running/checking/doing?

again: uninstalled realplayer, problem solved

open taskmanager (right click the task bar) look at the processes that are taking up cpu usage you say 100% so it will be obvious, Take a note of the identified process and if not obvious what it is connected to do a google search, once you have identified the sofrware uninstall it, if it is virus or malicious it may be more difficut to remove, you should be able to find info on the net to help with everything.