"Successful" Pub / Restaurants In Chiang Mai

uptheos

I noticed this ad in The City Life online today - it's yet another "successful" pub / restaurant selling up.

I have no idea who it is, but it seems like many are trying to get out of Dodge.

This is a magnificent opportunity to purchase a thriving bar and restaurant in the heart of Chiang mai. It is located on a corner lot close to the night market. This is not a beer bar but a successful bar restaurant that caters primarily to the local expat trade. As it is frequented by local expats as well as tourists it does not depend only on high season trade. This establishment has been owned and operated by the same expat owner for the past 5 years. He has now decided it is time to retire and has put the business up for sale.

The establishment has seating for 50. It comes fully equipped and has a well liked and fully trained staff. The current menu offers both Thai and Western cuisine with daily western specials and a buffet on Saturday nights. There is an attractive 3 year renewable lease for the premises.

If you are looking for an established business and or planning to relocate to Chiang mai this is a great chance to buy an established bar and restaurant!!

http://www.chiangmainews.com/classifieds_job/view.php?id=28586

Right, the "view the full ad" link doesn't work, but the description matches alot of what is in the City Life ad:

The Chiang Mai Gekko Garden Restaurant and Pub is For Sale This is a magnificent opportunity to purchase a thriving bar and restaurant in the heart of Chiang mai. It is located on a corner lot close to the night market. This is not a beer bar but a...

Starting from "This" thru "but a" its a word for word match of the City Life ad.

-Mestizo.

Right, the "view the full ad" link doesn't work, but the description matches alot of what is in the City Life ad:

The Chiang Mai Gekko Garden Restaurant and Pub is For Sale This is a magnificent opportunity to purchase a thriving bar and restaurant in the heart of Chiang mai. It is located on a corner lot close to the night market. This is not a beer bar but a...

Starting from "This" thru "but a" its a word for word match of the City Life ad.

-Mestizo.

This was my guess.

-Mestizo.

This was my guess.

There was never room enough in this town for two Gecko's :D

If it really is Gecko Garden that's for sale, I wish the owners the best of luck. They've fed me incredibly well at very inexpensive prices for too many meals. despite it being on the "wrong" side of town, I've probably had more meals there than at any other restaurant in CM other than my local noodle stand. If they sell and a new owner changes anything, my nutritionist will thank you.

Because there are enough other options and because parking is an issue on Loi Kroh?

It's nowhere near Loi Kroh ........... about 50m down from Pantrip Plaza, towards corner of the moat.

PS Winnie .... off topic

I hear A1 has just hired a load of new girls, even though it isn't that sort of place!

Edited by sarahsbloke

Because there are enough other options and because parking is an issue on Loi Kroh?

Agree with you about the options - it takes somewhere special to corner the market and always have customers.

The options yes. But I do not want WTK as my navigator.:lol:

It's nowhere near Loi Kroh ........... about 50m down from Pantrip Plaza, towards corner of the moat.

PS Winnie .... off topic

I hear A1 has just hired a load of new girls, even though it isn't that sort of place!

Interesting.. Where/what is A1? (As you noticed I'm not so good at bars and downtown Farang places..)

PS Winnie .... off topic

Interesting.. Where/what is A1? (As you noticed I'm not so good at bars and downtown Farang places..)

Sorry Number 1, of course, your fav Loi Kroh girly bar.

Edited by sarahsbloke

I agree it would be a good buy and i know the owner Rudy. His food is good and Gekko is a busy place. i feel a hot spot location

-Mestizo.