People With Hiv Entering Thailand

Neeranam

"TB?

Tuburculosis? [sp?]

what's that got to do with AIDS?"

Actually quite a lot.

AIDS as such is a definition,which whilst varying slightly from country to country usually is defined as:

Someone who is hiv+ and has either

(i) A cd4 count of less than 200 (sometimes 250)

(ii) Someone with an AIDS related illness (usually either TB or PCP Pneumonia)

"TB?

Tuburculosis? [sp?]

Actually quite a lot.

AIDS as such is a definition,which whilst varying slightly from country to country usually is defined as:

Aids and HIV are different... acquired immune deficiency syndrome and human immuno virus one can be treated the other can't ...don't think I have to explain which

"TB?

Tuburculosis? [sp?]

Actually quite a lot.

Aids and HIV are different... acquired immune deficiency syndrome and human immuno virus one can be treated the other can't ...don't think I have to explain which

Nonsense.

Can people with HiV enter Thailand safely?

I mean is it safe for them to come with regards to TB?

I think most people are missing the point.If you are HIv positive and you then contract TB...it is not a good look.

I think that nelson mandela was campaining to try and eradicate TB in Africa, as when somebody with the AIDs virus contracted TB it was almost certain (Quick) death.(His son died of TB after he contracted AIDS/HIV I think.)

I am not sure 100%, it's just what I can remember seeing on TV. :o

There are no medical checkups when you enter or leave the country ( i don't think a lot of countries have them ) so no problem . TB or TBC are very common with HIV/AIDS patients but you cannot see it so , no problem . As far as i know if you get to the point of the HIV infection that you have a outbreak of TB , you probably won't take the plane anymore because you are very ,very , very sick at that point .

"TB?

Tuburculosis? [sp?]

Actually quite a lot.

Nonsense.

What is HIV and AIDS?

HIV(Human Immunodeficiency Virus) is a virus that attacks the bodys' immune system.For a certain period of time,which may be several years,the body's defence mechanism will keep the HIV infection under control.During this time,a person with HIV may feel completely well,and have no symptoms.However,in the majority of cases,the immune system eventually needs help, in the form of anti-HIV drugs,to keep the HIV infection under control.

Although you still may hear the term AIDS(Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome)it is no longer used by doctors.They prefer to talk of late-stage or advanced HIV infection.Before effective treatments,AIDS was a state someone infected with HIV almost inevitably entered as HIV attacked their immune system.This is no longer the case.

Page one of the Terrence Higgins Trusts booklet 'Understanding HIV infection and Aids'.

Some people on here need to read up on this it seems!!No matter what it says above the media will always say AIDS as it is too far embeded now.Most people have very sketchy knowledge at best.

It is my belief,we should all know the risks and be fully imformed. We should at least know the symptoms so you can make decisions based on knowledge what risks you are prepared to take or not.