Pattaya Memorial

JimmyTheMook

I was reading that the Queen Siriket hospital down in Sattahip has signs stating.................."Foreigners will be charged 50% more"

And that's a hospital funded when built by foreign taxpayers money.

If that is true, that is disgusting. This is why you fight fire with fire, like this:

It's best to have a few different credit cards (not debit cards) for this. ALWAYS pay for large items or items you know are being cheated or double priced on (inflated hospital bills), with one of these cards, Then simply call the bank and do what's called a "CHARGE BACK." The vendor / business will lose the money and you will not have to pay. The Thais lose 100% of the money + a small fee due to the charge back. Screw them right back IF you believe you have been screwed.

Don't abuse one card. Have several and use them sparingly, only having 1 charge back per year on any one card. Call the issuing bank first to learn what their charge back policy is, then abide by their rules and use it to your advantage when you are ripped off or unfairly charged. Also, since you did sign the receipt, the Thais do not know any better so after you sign your name, write under it that you signed against your will. The issuing bank will get a copy of this when they investigate the charge back and it will be the icing on the cake to show you were forced into something you did not want to do. It happens a lot to travelers and the banks know this. Your bank is usually on your side, so long as you do everything within their policy.

Nowhere in the world does another country double the price for Thai people when they come to visit. You do not have to take in up the a** here if you are smart about it. You have consumer rights IF you use a credit card. Use it and let the locals lose for a change.

What you are suggesting is equivalent to theft. If you don't like the system then don't use it! Go back 'home' and use your national health scheme or whatever the system is. You are being scammed or ripped off only if you are not told of the dual pricing system. If you know about it and decide to use it, then pay for it, In my book, theft is worse than the dual pricing caper.

I was reading that the Queen Siriket hospital down in Sattahip has signs stating.................."Foreigners will be charged 50% more"

If that is true, that is disgusting. This is why you fight fire with fire, like this:

It's best to have a few different credit cards (not debit cards) for this. ALWAYS pay for large items or items you know are being cheated or double priced on (inflated hospital bills), with one of these cards, Then simply call the bank and do what's called a "CHARGE BACK." The vendor / business will lose the money and you will not have to pay. The Thais lose 100% of the money + a small fee due to the charge back. Screw them right back IF you believe you have been screwed.

Don't abuse one card. Have several and use them sparingly, only having 1 charge back per year on any one card. Call the issuing bank first to learn what their charge back policy is, then abide by their rules and use it to your advantage when you are ripped off or unfairly charged. Also, since you did sign the receipt, the Thais do not know any better so after you sign your name, write under it that you signed against your will. The issuing bank will get a copy of this when they investigate the charge back and it will be the icing on the cake to show you were forced into something you did not want to do. It happens a lot to travelers and the banks know this. Your bank is usually on your side, so long as you do everything within their policy.

Nowhere in the world does another country double the price for Thai people when they come to visit. You do not have to take in up the a** here if you are smart about it. You have consumer rights IF you use a credit card. Use it and let the locals lose for a change.

What you are suggesting is equivalent to theft. If you don't like the system then don't use it! Go back 'home' and use your national health scheme or whatever the system is. You are being scammed or ripped off only if you are not told of the dual pricing system. If you know about it and decide to use it, then pay for it, In my book, theft is worse than the dual pricing caper.

When you come here you know there is no national health system here.Why do you not buy health insurance then you will not have to worry about the cost. All the moans have you seen the cost.!!! Well what you going to do if you have an accident .Refuse treatment because you cant afford it. You know the system you know the costs .You really shouldn't be staying here without it.

Ive only been here 2 months and the other day found a lump. Went straight to the hospital 20k it cost for investigations and biopsy. First results dont look to promising and will need further treatment.ie surgery and chemo. Now if I had no insurance i would have had to pack my bags and leave my hubby here and go back to UK. How many people are wiling to do that.at a time when you need support. As I have insurance no need to worry about the costs.. I just need to save my energy about fighting this not if I can afford the next jag.

i was helping a friend check out of Pattaya Memorial today

first time visit for me , i usually go to BPH

he had, had a one night stay and the bill was overcharged 1050 baht for items not had by the patient

usual apologies, lots of embarrassed faces, terse phone calls to unknown persons etc

re-issued the bill to reflect the correct amount, paid in cash not credit/debit card

wished everyone well, said goodbye pleasantly

it would not have happened at BPH, they well know of my propensity to nit pick at bills

dealing with hospital billing in Pattaya is simple, its an insurance driven culture in there so expect the worst and you won't be far wrong.......

When you come here you know there is no national health system here.Why do you not buy health insurance then you will not have to worry about the cost. All the moans have you seen the cost.!!! Well what you going to do if you have an accident .Refuse treatment because you cant afford it. You know the system you know the costs .You really shouldn't be staying here without it.

Ive only been here 2 months and the other day found a lump. Went straight to the hospital 20k it cost for investigations and biopsy. First results dont look to promising and will need further treatment.ie surgery and chemo. Now if I had no insurance i would have had to pack my bags and leave my hubby here and go back to UK. How many people are wiling to do that.at a time when you need support. As I have insurance no need to worry about the costs.. I just need to save my energy about fighting this not if I can afford the next jag.

:annoyed: Insurance is expensive when you reach 80. How old are you????:(