Toyota Hilux A/C

4u2mad

Since having a service at a Toyota dealership, I now have condensate from a/c dripping into the passenger foot well. Any ideas anyone? I'd take it back but after having to stand next to mechanic to make sure everything was checked and adjusted as required on service, I don't feel that confident. Anyone had good experience at main dealership in KK?

There is a drain tube runs out the bottom of the cab to remove condensate just like your home AC has, its under the truck. Often when in service the guy will bend it up out of the way because it is still dripping. Often they forget to lower it again and it is folded or plugged with something. Happened to me twice.

May have found the answer! Went to see wifes A/c friend. Appears that Toyota didn't fit A/c filter until about 2008. Thus all the dust is sucked into evaporator matrix, eventually causing "mud" to block both the matrix and drain tube. Complete removal of dashboard is required. I was there when it was done, quite a job, drained about a quart of water from the housing, matrix washed off with pressure hose. Wondered what the sloshing sound was on making left turns! Total cost 1800bht. Engineer recommended only using recirculating mode on A/C to minimize problem. This on a '05 vigo with only 60,000km on the clock. The joys of living in Issan I guess

May have found the answer! Went to see wifes A/c friend. Appears that Toyota didn't fit A/c filter until about 2008. Thus all the dust is sucked into evaporator matrix, eventually causing "mud" to block both the matrix and drain tube. Complete removal of dashboard is required. I was there when it was done, quite a job, drained about a quart of water from the housing, matrix washed off with pressure hose. Wondered what the sloshing sound was on making left turns! Total cost 1800bht. Engineer recommended only using recirculating mode on A/C to minimize problem. This on a '05 vigo with only 60,000km on the clock. The joys of living in Issan I guess

after ensuring the drain is pointing DOWN, clear it with something via the drain itself - specially if there has been dust accumulateed (now mixed moisture)

quick & easy to do (if you can get under the car)

You should go on the motor forum with this the guru's there will probable have something to say about that.

My Vigo is nearly five years old and never had any trouble other than cleaning the A/C twice 200bht each time.

You should get more knowledge in case it happens again, sounds like your getting ripped off.

No, was defiantly chocka. A/c engineer showed me a photo montage, reckons he's been doing a couple a month. These are my pics. Went to Toyota dealers after cleaning and bought a/c filter, and door for same. Stock items. The housing already has clip for the door and is pre scored so that hole can be cut with a hobby knife. Stale smell has disappeared from cab, together with the water sloshing sound. I also put a air freshener on top of the filter, easy to do, all located behind glove box.