Finally..Real English Muffins At Mcdonalds

Sansai Sam

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost my faith in McDonalds when they ditched the strawberry milkshakes. Gutted, I was.

I lost my faith in Mc Donalds after my first meal in one during a USA visit in 1975. I too remember when there were no McDonalds................and the world was a much healthier place!

MY My one visit in 1975 and you know it all. Wonder what one visit to a university would teach you?

You best run. Wild accusations blaming McDonald's for world obesity is kind of far out there. Maybe you had better go back to that university where you learned every thing.:P

Edited by jayjay0

That must be why life expectancy was so much lower back then. ;)

I would love to see some proof that the <deleted> served in Mc Donalds actually extends peoples lives !

So if all those preservatives only work on dead meat, not still-living flesh, well at least this might reduce the costs of embalming the 'stiff' afterwards ?

I have this mental picture, as the patient lies dying, of the nurses frantically sending-out for mountains of high-on-preservatives take-away fast-food ! "Nurse, this patient needs an intravenous milk-shake, stat". :bah:

Any translations on offer for non-Anglo folks?

Biscuit == English Muffin right?

No. In American English, a biscuit is a type of bread. More like a unsweetened scone than an English muffin.

Great at breakfast with butter and/or jam or slathered in red eye gravy. (Don't ask. You wouldn't like it.)

I wouldn't give this mcdonald rubbish to my dog. That's not food. It seems when one eat it regular, you cannot think human anymore.

It is known , the US people are the unhealthiest of the world.

The 5 Most Unhealthy Countries

Based on the death rates of all of the countries in the world, the five unhealthiest countries are:

1. Swaziland – The death rate in Swaziland is 30.70 per 1000 people annually.

2. Angola – The death rate in Angola is 24.44.

3. Lesotho – The death rate in Lesotho is 22.33.

4. Sierra Leone – The death rate in Sierra Leone is 22.26, per 100 people annually.

5. Liberia – Liberia has a death rate of 21.45 per 1000 people annually.

I wouldn't give this mcdonald rubbish to my dog. That's not food. It seems when one eat it regular, you cannot think human anymore.

Based on the death rates of all of the countries in the world, the five unhealthiest countries are:

4. Sierra Leone – The death rate in Sierra Leone is 22.26, per 100 people annually.

A ridiculous comparison.....poverty, famine, war, pestilence and disease, versus gluttony and obesity.

These countries have to deal with malnutrition wich major course is from overconsumption in the western world.

Very interesting. I've been to Angola, Lesotho and Liberia. Don't recall seeing a single McDonalds. Could it be...?

Which is presumably why they win so many medals at the Olympics ? :whistling::rolleyes:

Fine American cuisine. wink.gif

A super-sized foot-long cheeseburger is being tested at fifty fast food restaurants in California.

The burger-sandwich hybrid is so big it doesn’t fit in the regular take-out bags at Carl’s Jr.

And it’s certainly not for the faint of heart – packing a belly-busting 850 calories in every burger.

article-1316086-0B653521000005DC-608_468x259.jpgThat’s hardly surprising, since it’s the same fast-food chain that introduced the world to the 1,400-calorie Monster Burger and the Monster Breakfast Sandwich, with 47 grams of fat.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1316086/US-fast-food-chain-Carls-Jr-test-foot-long-850-calorie-burger.html#ixzz11xynEhk6

The Egg McMuffin remains one of the best ways to start your day in the fast-food world. http://eatthis.mensh...rants/mcdonalds

� 2008 Owner information is not available

GRADE: grade-bplus.gif KID'S MENU: grade-b.gif The world-famous burger baron has come a long way since the days of Fast Food Nation—at least nutritionally speaking. The trans fats are mostly gone, the number of gut-wrecking calorie bombs are now fewer than ever, and the menu holds plenty of healthy options such as salads and yogurt parfaits. Don't cut lose at the counter just yet, though. Too many of the breakfast and lunch sandwiches still top the 500-calorie mark, and the dessert menu is fodder for some major belly building.

SURVIVAL STRATEGY

The Egg McMuffin remains one of the best ways to start your day in the fast-food world. As for the later hours, you can splurge on a Big Mac or a Quarter Pounder, but only if you skip the fries and soda, which add an average of 590 calories onto any mea

Which is presumably why they win so many medals at the Olympics ? :whistling::rolleyes:

??? Don't you know they are the greatest dope users too?

Edited by Joop50

Joop. You sound so knowledgeable and wise. Tell us about your amazing home country culture and cuisine.

Roasted Guinea pig from Ecuador? Dog soup from Korea? Rancid butter dishes from Nigeria?

I am sure your background could be so educational to us all. Please share.

The Egg McMuffin remains one of the best ways to start your day in the fast-food world. http://eatthis.mensh...rants/mcdonalds

� 2008 Owner information is not available

GRADE: grade-bplus.gif KID'S MENU: grade-b.gif The world-famous burger baron has come a long way since the days of Fast Food Nation—at least nutritionally speaking. The trans fats are mostly gone, the number of gut-wrecking calorie bombs are now fewer than ever, and the menu holds plenty of healthy options such as salads and yogurt parfaits. Don't cut lose at the counter just yet, though. Too many of the breakfast and lunch sandwiches still top the 500-calorie mark, and the dessert menu is fodder for some major belly building.

SURVIVAL STRATEGY

The Egg McMuffin remains one of the best ways to start your day in the fast-food world. As for the later hours, you can splurge on a Big Mac or a Quarter Pounder, but only if you skip the fries and soda, which add an average of 590 calories onto any meal.

I regularly send this informative web site to my friends. Thank you for quoting. We are all just products of our small imaginations and to find such an informative web site is very refreshing.

The facts are it is easy to be critical. Healthy eating can be done at McDonald's or at the local Thai restaurant. You have to be educated and use it. It's real easy to be simple minded.

after seeing this post i went down to see what a thai ... real english muffin ... looked like.

it was pure white and looked like a rice patty to me but the ice cream is down to 7 baht if joop50 wants to try one : )

enjoy pic ... dave2

I would have thought the East-German weight-lifters or Russian shot-putters took that title ? :o:rolleyes: