Bang Bang Bang

Jeepz

Okay, just curious if there are any trap/skeet clubs in Thailand? What are the current rules for weapons ownership? Nothing allowed at all? Shotguns for sporting use? No handguns, no rifles, no anything? :D

I am primarily interested in skeet shooting (hobby), but what is the status of firearms ownership now? :o

Jeepz

Okay, just curious if there are any trap/skeet clubs in Thailand? What are the current rules for weapons ownership? Nothing allowed at all? Shotguns for sporting use? No handguns, no rifles, no anything? :D

I am primarily interested in skeet shooting (hobby), but what is the status of firearms ownership now? :o

Jeepz

Thai citizens and foreign permanent residents can own firearms. There are about 50 gun shops in the Wang Burapa area (park at the Old Siam Shopping Center) where you can find just about anything you could want (short of automatic weapons).

You need to show your citizenship or residency status. You'll also need your bank book to demonstrate that you have 200,000+ in your account (this has been increased to 1,000,000+)... in order to show that you're not about to go and rob the neighborhood Heng Heng gold shop. It takes about 3 weeks to a month for the paperwork to go through (pistol, rifle, shotgun, all the same).

PM me if you need more info.

B)

Heng

Thanks for the info. Much appreciate it. I'll have to check into import rules if/when I move to Thailand after I retire. I hope there is skeet/trap range I can join in the Chiang Mai area.

One million baht in the bank to buy, eh? Eek! Oh well, I'll have to deal with that down the road.

Jeepz

Heng

Thanks for the info. Much appreciate it. I'll have to check into import rules if/when I move to Thailand after I retire. I hope there is skeet/trap range I can join in the Chiang Mai area.

One million baht in the bank to buy, eh? Eek! Oh well, I'll have to deal with that down the road.

Jeepz

No worries. Importing your own pieces is frowned upon and generally you have to go through licensed importers to do so (and, like automobiles, the costs involved usually make it less than preferable).

I don't know about Chiang Mai, but there is a Skeet/Trap range that anyone can become a member of on the Ramkhamhaeng University campus. There's also a shooting range (complete with pistol, .22 rifle, and air gun ranges) right next door, also part of the RU campus. Membership is something like 2,000 a YEAR. Ammo in the LOS is a bit pricey compared to stateside. Expect 2x and 3x the price. :o

:D