Yamaha Spark 135 Ccm

bikerjoy

Great bike. Had one for three years. Zippy, as comfortable as a scooter can be.

Mine's one of the mono shock jobs but I seem to recall the new ones have twin rear shocks.

Had no problems in three years. A new battery, oil, cpl sets of tires.

Don't believe the story about no hand clutch models. I was in a dealership a cpl of weeks ago in Pattaya looking at a new one.

They're not as sought after by the bike thieves either because they don't have Honda stamped on them but they're faster than a Dream.

I've seen these around, very nice looking machines!

If you can live without a clutch have a look at the Nuovo elegance. 135cc and always loads in stock, very quick and enough space under the seat to store your helmet (even full face).

I've seen these around, very nice looking machines!

If you can live without a clutch have a look at the Nuovo elegance. 135cc and always loads in stock, very quick and enough space under the seat to store your helmet (even full face).

Thanks for your help. But I want bigger wheels, I live in the country and the road are full of holes.

I have had one for about two years. The fuel injected 135cc is smooth and very quick ("fast" being a relative term). Mine is an auto clutch but obviously a manual gearbox. For myself I would have bought the manual clutch also, but it is supposed to be the girlfriends bike. I like having the engine compression for deceleration. I do not like auto gearbox bikes and have heard a number of complaints about them.

The biggest drawback is the lack of storage. There is virtually none under the seat, and only a very small basket is available to mount on the inside of the fairing. Because of the lights you can not use the traditional basket on the front. I installed a small Givi box and all is well.

I bought the bike from the dealer on Hang Dong Rd as others did not have it in stock. They have provided free oil changes and check ups since purchase. As for value for money, I don't know. It depends on what is important to you. It is rather pricey in comparison to other models, but as a "sport scooter" it is a lot of fun.