Just Auditioned B&W 685'S And Moon 1.5 Integrated Amp

naughtybadfurrimunki

Hey guys, was just in Piyanas Lad Prao this evening, I auditioned a pair of B&W 685 speakers with a Moon i.5 integrated amp.

The 685's are 34,900thb but in the UK they're available for the equivalent of around 17,000thb, so, as to be expected they're twice the price in LOS.

The Moon amp however (manufactured in Canada by a company called Simaudio) is the same price in Thailand, USA and UK. How is this? Is there less duty on Canadian/USA manufactured products than stuff from EU countries for example? Or has the Thai distributor done a deal with customs to get them into Thailand without paying the duty?

What are the trade agreements between Thailand and USA/Canada? I'm asking because the OP's findings are the same as mine....but in actual fact ANY American hi-fi brand is cheaper in Thailand than the equivalent price in UK. However, European brands were considerably more expensive when sold in Thailand. American brands are even cheaper in Singapore.

Having said that, I researched when the exchange rate was closer to 60 baht to the GBP.