Romance

bannork

This topic came to my attention when reading a story about a woman who caught her husband จู๋จี๋ joo jee( rising tone, both words) her neighbour. And it took me a while to think of the best English translation, something like: to whisper sweet nothings to, to canoodle, snuggle up to, cuddle up to.

Other expressions in a similar vein that come to mind are:

จีบสาว jeep sao- to chat up a girl

เกี้ยวพา- keeow pa, to court (a girl)

เเทะโสม - tair sorm, to flirt with

Can any of our passionate, amorous members come up with any more contributions?

By the way, the woman in the above story shot her husband and the aspiring lover dead!

bannork

Here's one for you Bannork:

หลอกฟัน- to deceive his/her tooth  :D  :D

ฟันแล้วทิ้ง - It's a tooth already, so discard  :o  :D

Bannork's best friend,

The Green Wanderer

A further lack of 'wisdom' from the roamer; hardly romantic, screwing and abandoning.

Still I suppose that's what a wanderer does. I hope you always pack a condom on your expeditions.

Here's one for you Bannork:

หลอกฟัน- to deceive his/her tooth  :D  :D

ฟันแล้วทิ้ง - It's a tooth already, so discard  :D  :D

Bannork's best friend,

The Green Wanderer

A further lack of 'wisdom' from the roamer; hardly romantic, screwing and abandoning.

Still I suppose that's what a wanderer does. I hope you always pack a condom on your expeditions.

No, I don't do those kind of things. I don't have the heart for it...or is it I have too much heart to do such a thing. :D Anyone want to translate that, be my guest.

Anyway, back to the topic on a serious note, here's some other ones that you might already know, but a contribution to the subject for other learners anyway. Here are a few labels for different kinds of flirts/romantics:

ปากหวาน : Sweet mouth/sweet talker

as in Jerry really wants to court Nok and when he sees her at the office he unloads with:

ตั้งแต่เกิดมาเจรรี่ไม่เคยเจอใครสวยเท่ากับเธอ Since I was born, I've never met anybody as beautiful as you :D

Nok's initial response is a blush :o and the typical จริงเหรอ Really?

Followed by a: เจรี่ปากหวาน. Jerry's a sweet-talker :D

:D:D

Another relevant title is:

เจ้าเสน่ห์ Jao Sa-Nay : (someone who is/has) charming/charms

Jack is confused about why Jay gets the pretty girls, for Jay is neither rich or handsome. Jack asks his friend Bon why this is so.

Jack: ทำไมถึงเจได้ผู้หญิงสวยหลายๆคน มันก็ไม่รวยและก็ไม่เห็นหล่อด้วย Why does Jay get all the pretty girls. He's not rich and I don't think (see that) he's handsome either.

Bon: ไอ้เจเป็นเจ้าเสน่ห์ He's a casanova (charmer)

Jack: อะไรนะ หมายว่าอะไร What? What do you mean?

Bon: ก็เขามีเสน่ห์ไง He is charming (has charms)

Edited by greenwanderer108