Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

RAM Mount

Tiz about time I picked up one, has anyone fitted one to the CBR yet?

Two places look okay.

PIC

Steering mount. Not that easy to find here. Touratech have something similar for 2,100b.

http://www.touratech...02&txtLink=4996

Or right handlebar mount.

PIC

GPS4YOU have something that would likely fit on here for only 600b.

http://www.gps4you.n...emart&Itemid=53

Though the GPS might block the windscreen from doing a full right-hand turn, which wouldn't likely happen much during the once or twice a month I actually use the GPS.

Anyone mounted one yet?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mounted mine using the RAM Mount stem assembly from GPS City.

Order Items Item Price Qty Amount RAM Mount Motorcycle Fork Stem Assembly with Diamond Plate

Model: RAM-B-176U SKU:RAMB176 $30.95 1 $30.95 RAM Mount Garmin nuvi 1200 Series Cradle RAM-HOL-GA33U

Model: RAM-HOL-GA33U SKU:RAMHOLGA33 $7.86 1 $7.86 Order Subtotal $38.81 Shipping $9.29 Order Total $48.10 All figures are in USD$ currency

There's been a few posts regarding aftermarket ECU's that can allow the bike to be tuned to run rich, which is what I need to avoid the knock.

Where in Bangkok can I go to find out about it?

Unless you have modified the intake or exhaust I find it pretty odd that a brand new bike requires an aftermarket FI module to run right...rolleyes.gif

Unless you need to use the choke on first startup, its probably not too lean. Problem may be as simple as placing a washer underneath the o2 sensor, to skew the values manipulated by direct contact with manifold heat.

There's been a few posts regarding aftermarket ECU's that can allow the bike to be tuned to run rich, which is what I need to avoid the knock.

Unless you have modified the intake or exhaust I find it pretty odd that a brand new bike requires an aftermarket FI module to run right...rolleyes.gif

Unless you need to use the choke on first startup, its probably not too lean. Problem may be as simple as placing a washer underneath the o2 sensor, to skew the values manipulated by direct contact with manifold heat.

Cbr250's are EFI so they dont actually have a 'choke'

New CBR400 Rumours.

Now these are obviously Japanese imaginations, but let's look back at the start of this thread and look at what the first pic of the CBR250R was touted as in Oct. 2010.

First pic of the rumoured CBR250 in the thread.

2 1/2 months later many were driving their new 250s around.

Pic

Pic

Pic

As usual with Thai Visa: You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community. rolleyes.gif

Edited by hehehoho

New CBR400 Rumours.

Now these are obviously Japanese imaginations, but let's look back at the start of this thread and look at what the first pic of the CBR250R was touted as in Oct. 2010.

Pic

Pic

Pic

As usual with Thai Visa: You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community. rolleyes.gif

If the rumours are true.....Be a good addition to the Honda line up. But I strongly suspect it aint gunna set any world speed records somehow....

Going by Honda's obvious preoccupation with economy and emissions, it too will be restricted in HP. Maybe it could reach 35hp perhaps??

Hope no one is looking for or expecting the previous CBR400 performance figures. But it will definitely beat the old CBR on kilometres per litre.

Engrin and Drift, what do ye do with your power cable for the GPS when not in use?

I need to get a new one and as it'll only be used once a month or so I'm thinking of keeping it rolled up under the seat, or disconnecting it altogether from the voltbox then connecting it again when I'm going to use it. (depending on just how easy that is).

You can twist-tie the cable to one of the other cables that are there and just leave enough to connect to the gps. When not in use, I just leave it hand there. When washing I put some plastic around the connector with an elastic band :)

That's what I did to mine, after the first ride I put a little plastic bag around it and secured it on with a twister-tie. The next time I went to use it the plastic bag had melted into the connector. I scraped it out with a needle and it worked okay, by the third time I used it was full of rust, that green copper stuff, and half of the metal prongs were just about broken, and it hasn't worked since.

I'll be happy to just disconnect it from the voltbox when not in use and spend 5 minutes reconnecting it whenever I go on a long ride and want to use it I think. Depending how easy it is to do that.

Edited by hehehoho

Engrin and Drift, what do ye do with your power cable for the GPS when not in use?

I need to get a new one and as it'll only be used once a month or so I'm thinking of keeping it rolled up under the seat, or disconnecting it altogether from the voltbox then connecting it again when I'm going to use it. (depending on just how easy that is).

I don't use a power cable, just the AA batteries work fine for me. The Tesco extra long life jobs seem to last about 16 hours in the 76CX. I always take the gps unit off the mount when I park the bike. A bit more convenient to not have to plug and unplug it each time.

Cbr250's are EFI so they dont actually have a 'choke'

Maybe they should have. Then I can pull it out a tidge when I want to roll on the throttle! Or I could try something else. jerk.giflaugh.png

Even fuel injected engines have some form of choke, most have what's known as a 'Cold Start' function, where the bike ECU / CDI allows more fuel to be injected and ups the bike's idle until the engine is warmed up, then the revs drop and the bike's ECu / CDI falls back to it's regular map

Even fuel injected engines have some form of choke, most have what's known as a 'Cold Start' function, where the bike ECU / CDI allows more fuel to be injected and ups the bike's idle until the engine is warmed up, then the revs drop and the bike's ECu / CDI falls back to it's regular map

Agreed. But it's not a choke that you can manually apply..That's what i was getting atrolleyes.gif

That's what I did to mine, after the first ride I put a little plastic bag around it and secured it on with a twister-tie. The next time I went to use it the plastic bag had melted into the connector. I scraped it out with a needle and it worked okay, by the third time I used it was full of rust, that green copper stuff, and half of the metal prongs were just about broken, and it hasn't worked since.

I'll be happy to just disconnect it from the voltbox when not in use and spend 5 minutes reconnecting it whenever I go on a long ride and want to use it I think. Depending how easy it is to do that.

If I am in town and not using the gps, I just let the connector dangle about without any plastic around it. The only time I put some plastic is when I am washing the bike.

If I am in town and not using the gps, I just let the connector dangle about without any plastic around it. The only time I put some plastic is when I am washing the bike.

Just buy the plug you need from Powerlet and unplug it when not in use-

ppc-026.jpeg

hey brian,

is remus a full system and how much?

and for yss suspension, which model is it? price?

because, i look and searched, there is only one model of yss in thailand that can fit an it is not a gas shock so are there any compromise from the original setup to install it?

thanks man.

BSJ

get the shop to reset the ecu. and then ensure that you are using decent fuel. then after about a week or so let us know if its better.

I hear what your saying. Maybe it's that simple. When I get back from holidays I will give it a go...but which Mityon dealer has a mechanic that knows how to reset the ECU? wacko.png

Edited by BSJ

BSJ

get the shop to reset the ecu. and then ensure that you are using decent fuel. then after about a week or so let us know if its better.

I hear what your saying. Maybe it's that simple. When I get back from holidays I will give it a go...but which Mityon dealer has a mechanic that knows how to reset the ECU? wacko.png

probably none... take it to the mityon kawasaki shop.......only kidding... i would imagine the big shiny one next to the traffic lights could do it.

New CBR400 Rumours.

Pic

Pic

Pic

If the rumours are true.....Be a good addition to the Honda line up. But I strongly suspect it aint gunna set any world speed records somehow....

Going by Honda's obvious preoccupation with economy and emissions, it too will be restricted in HP. Maybe it could reach 35hp perhaps??

Hope no one is looking for or expecting the previous CBR400 performance figures. But it will definitely beat the old CBR on kilometres per litre.

New CBR400 Rumours.

Pic

Pic

Pic

The guy who is Head Mech at Honda / Niyom Panich swears (to me in English and wife in Thai) that Honda will have a new CBR 400 out this year as part of the new lineup. This is the same guy who told me to sell my old carbed model because they were coming out with a new F/I, and I could get more for my old one now because no one knew about it. So, after having it for 18 months, and going strictly on faith, I sold it for nearly 80% of what I paid for it, and then waiting almost 7 months, he was right. So, if he's right, then look for them around March or April. If not, well, no big deal, but a 400 would be a great bike for LOS. Granted it probably won't be anywhere near as fast as the old one, but still better than what's available now.

what is all that - not fast enough - about? how fast do you actually want to go in los? i am looking for a bit more of a punch, but top speed at about 160km/h is ok for here as far as i am concerned. cheers

I don't think anyone is saying "not fast enough", but simply stating that if they do come out with a new CBR 400, in all probability it's not going to be "as fast" as the ole model. I also agree with you that 160kph is fast enough for LOS. For me personally, and for a few others I've spoken to, the 400 would be pretty much the "perfect bike" for here. Better on the highways than the 250, but not as heavy or "cumbersome" as say a 650 for city driving.

I love my 150, and have driven it everywhere. From CM to Chiang Rai, Lampang, Phitsanuloc, Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Tak, Nakon Sawon, and while I can cruise all day at 125 very comfortable on the flats, the one thing it needs is more torque for the mountains. That, and less strain on the engin itself, is why I'm moving up in class. I'll wait to see if they do come with the 400, and what the sticker shock will be. If it doesn't come, or does, but I think the price is too high, I'll go with the 250 and be happy.

what is all that - not fast enough - about? how fast do you actually want to go in los? i am looking for a bit more of a punch, but top speed at about 160km/h is ok for here as far as i am concerned. cheers

Maybe it's a reference to a desire for better acceleration and not top end speed?