Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone here in Thailand having this stalling problem on their CB'r'?

I watched the video...I got exactely the same problem, but at low speed, while changing gear. In the trafic, if you are not used to, it could be very dangerous. Same problem has been described on www.cbr250.net. In the mean time this issue has been fixed by Honda.

I have another problem that appeared recently and happened three times. The engine stopped for one or two seconds and started again. It is similar to a bike running out of petrol. I was riding fast when it happened. I got many problems with that bike, some have been fixed by Honda (rattle, fuel gauge, clutch), one major issue is still open. It must be an unlucky draw, one of the first bikes to leave the assembly line...

Edited by geuda

why americans have it and we do not?

f;... hell.

Because they are American...

This kickstand issue makes one of the differences between a biker and a greenpea...

• 2 weeks later...

why americans have it and we do not?

f;... hell.

Because they are American...

This kickstand issue makes one of the differences between a biker and a greenpea...

c'mon man. it is not about being a biker or green pea or peanut.

it is all about safety.

so you are telling us that you never forget it?

Please check you tube and see how many "bikers" ​like you forget it, kiss the asphalt and become a green pea:)

and do not worry, they do not have kickstand safety switch for cbr250s in America as well.

In the guys comments on youtube he states 'this is like the 25th time this has happened to me'

Yet he still thinks twisting the throttle will start a stalled engine lol biggrin.png

Maybe the bike had a hissy fit and decided to shut down after his ham fisted shifting, pulling the clutch in and coasting to the lights in 5th or 6th gear...... If i were that bike i'd be wishing for a new owner pretty sharpish!

Edited by karlos

In the guys comments on youtube he states 'this is like the 25th time this has happened to me'

Yet he still thinks twisting the throttle will start a stalled engine lol biggrin.png

Maybe the bike had a hissy fit and decided to shut down after his ham fisted shifting, pulling the clutch in and coasting to the lights in 5th or 6th gear...... If i were that bike i'd be wishing for a new owner pretty sharpish!

I dunno mate, he pulls in the clutch at ~41 seconds and looking at the tach it seems the bike dies right after he pulls in the clutch. All the throttle twisting after that point is just for the camera. Obviously the bike is not running at that point. Still wondering WHY this problem occurs. It's been pretty well documents on the CB'r' 250 forums.

QUICK QUESTION:

I'm planning out a long trip around Thailand. Part of that will be going from Sara Buri to Samut Sakon. Does anyone know if bikes - CBR's, etc. - are allowed on the roll roads? I can see where "scooter" types might not be, but even the CBR 150 can easily maintain the 120+kph speed limits. Any info would be appreciated, as if they are not, I'll have to reroute to avoid them.

Thanks

QUICK QUESTION:

I'm planning out a long trip around Thailand. Part of that will be going from Sara Buri to Samut Sakon. Does anyone know if bikes - CBR's, etc. - are allowed on the roll roads? I can see where "scooter" types might not be, but even the CBR 150 can easily maintain the 120+kph speed limits. Any info would be appreciated, as if they are not, I'll have to reroute to avoid them.

Thanks

Motorcycles are not allowed on toll roads in Thailand.

API Tech still haven't come out with the street version of the ECM but they do have something they call EFi Advance (for a whole range of bikes including the CBR150).

Anyone try one?

Seems you can adjust ignition timing and amount of fuel. THB 4,000.

http://www.apitechon...tegory&path=117

Edited by taichiplanet

API Tech still haven't come out with the street version of the ECM but they do have something they call EFi Advance (for a whole range of bikes including the CBR150).

Anyone try one?

i called APITECH a month ago something and they told me there is nothign available for cbr 250 and stated clearly that do not even bother myself driving to their shop frankly.

Anyone try one?

i called APITECH a month ago something and they told me there is nothign available for cbr 250 and stated clearly that do not even bother myself driving to their shop frankly.

Yet all the guys racing Thai Moto3 are using API ECU's... Odd...

Anyone try one?

API have the unlimited /programmable version but not a street version (THB 10k as opposed to 4k!).

Anyone try one?

API have the unlimited /programmable version but not a street version (THB 10k as opposed to 4k!).

Hmmm, well 10k isn't much more expensive than a Bazzaz or PCV is it?

Anyone try one?

That might be why they are all ways blowing up... at least thats what youve said before.. maybe we have found the culprit :D

When I first saw this bike the thought it. Was a new model 250/400 but looking it looks more like just a modified 250

Looks like the bike they are racing in the Asia Road Racing series.....Asia Dream Cup

Anyone try one?

yes, it is odd indeed. But, the other recognized manufacturers around the world like bazzaz, dynojet, etc also has problems.

I am inquiring about a working ecu for cbr 250 so long and it is all quiet. No one at other forums are answering as well and no answer from bazzaz or dynojet about it also. Just on email i received from dynojet 2 months ago nearly that they do not have any thing working for cbr 250.

So, i assume no one able to make one yet.

And for the riders in Moto 3, maybe they got fooled:) or they are fooling themselves?whistling.gif

Anyone try one?

yes, it is odd indeed. But, the other recognized manufacturers around the world like bazzaz, dynojet, etc also has problems.

I am inquiring about a working ecu for cbr 250 so long and it is all quiet. No one at other forums are answering as well and no answer from bazzaz or dynojet about it also. Just on email i received from dynojet 2 months ago nearly that they do not have any thing working for cbr 250.

So, i assume no one able to make one yet.

And for the riders in Moto 3, maybe they got fooled:) or they are fooling themselves?whistling.gif

I believe it's been mentioned before in this thread that the API ecu's that are being used in Thai Moto 3 are race spec and not street legal. I thought Bazzaz and Dynojet already have FI controllers for sale for the CB'r' 250, no?

Here's the Dynojet PowerCommander V: http://www.indysuperbike.com/customer/product.php?productid=8765765

Here's the Bazzaz unit: http://www.jcmotors....0-rr-11-12.aspx

So, not sure what you're on about...

Edited by BigBikeBKK

API Tech still haven't come out with the street version of the ECM but they do have something they call EFi Advance (for a whole range of bikes including the CBR150). Anyone try one? Seems you can adjust ignition timing and amount of fuel. THB 4,000. http://www.apitechon...tegory&path=117
yes, it is odd indeed. But, the other recognized manufacturers around the world like bazzaz, dynojet, etc also has problems. I am inquiring about a working ecu for cbr 250 so long and it is all quiet. No one at other forums are answering as well and no answer from bazzaz or dynojet about it also. Just on email i received from dynojet 2 months ago nearly that they do not have any thing working for cbr 250. So, i assume no one able to make one yet. And for the riders in Moto 3, maybe they got fooled:) or they are fooling themselves?whistling.gif

bigbikebkk: I believe it's been mentioned before in this thread that the API ecu's that are being used in Thai Moto 3 are race spec and not street legal. I thought Bazzaz and Dynojet already have FI controllers for sale for the CB'r' 250, no?

Here's the Dynojet PowerCommander V: http://www.indysuper...oductid=8765765

loserlaser: Please check my emailing between Dynojet guys

Comments: do you have models that fit cbr 250 2011? I could not see it in your site. Also, please provide information and price to me on whatever available for cbr 250 2011. Thanks in advance. regards.

2-

We do not offer any tuners for the CBR250 at this time. Very soon we will have one available through our overseas distributors.

Dynojet Research Inc. Power Commander V (http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/Distrubutors/Default.aspx)

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Chris Kelly

Dynojet Research Inc.

2191 Mendenhall Dr. Suite 105

North Las Vegas, NV 89081

1-800-992-4993

3-

Dear Chris

Thanks for your reply.

But, i am following some forums and some owners of cbr 250 have already got their new units i am not sure how?

Do you have a chance to specify the estimated launch date?

best regards.

4-

I do not have a release date at this time. This bike controls most of its fueling through the o2 sensor which we have been having trouble controlling with our product. Research and development could go on for another 6 months before we have a tuner available for this bike model.

Regards,

Chris Kelly

Dynojet Research Inc.

1-800-992-499

So, this is what i am on. It is not coming from my stomach

And the funny thing is even though i posted these email in another forum, they still say that it is working. Bunch of guys that cannot digest the facts so they runaway from it and fool themselves.:)

It is just a placebo effect i guess:)

The thing is i am posting in forums and no satisfying answer at all. I am aware that dynojet or bazzaz guys are always checking the forums to get the feedback about their units and always post something to a critical thread about their products but no answer from them so far.

Dynojet is the biggest aftermarket ecu manufacturer so if they have problems, i am sure the others also have them.

Any comments?

Edited by loserlazer

yes, it is odd indeed. But, the other recognized manufacturers around the world like bazzaz, dynojet, etc also has problems. I am inquiring about a working ecu for cbr 250 so long and it is all quiet. No one at other forums are answering as well and no answer from bazzaz or dynojet about it also. Just on email i received from dynojet 2 months ago nearly that they do not have any thing working for cbr 250. So, i assume no one able to make one yet. And for the riders in Moto 3, maybe they got fooled:) or they are fooling themselves?whistling.gif

bigbikebkk: I believe it's been mentioned before in this thread that the API ecu's that are being used in Thai Moto 3 are race spec and not street legal. I thought Bazzaz and Dynojet already have FI controllers for sale for the CB'r' 250, no?

Here's the Dynojet PowerCommander V: http://www.indysuper...oductid=8765765

loserlaser: Please check my emailing between Dynojet guys

Comments: do you have models that fit cbr 250 2011? I could not see it in your site. Also, please provide information and price to me on whatever available for cbr 250 2011. Thanks in advance. regards.

2-

We do not offer any tuners for the CBR250 at this time. Very soon we will have one available through our overseas distributors.

Dynojet Research Inc. Power Commander V (http://www.powercomm...rs/Default.aspx)

Regards,

Chris Kelly

Dynojet Research Inc.

1-800-992-4993

3-

Dear Chris

Thanks for your reply.

But, i am following some forums and some owners of cbr 250 have already got their new units i am not sure how?

Do you have a chance to specify the estimated launch date?

best regards.

4-

I do not have a release date at this time. This bike controls most of its fueling through the o2 sensor which we have been having trouble controlling with our product. Research and development could go on for another 6 months before we have a tuner available for this bike model.

Regards,

Chris Kelly

Dynojet Research Inc.

1-800-992-499

So, this is what i am on. It is not coming from my stomach

And the funny thing is even though i posted these email in another forum, they still say that it is working. Bunch of guys that cannot digest the facts so they runaway from it and fool themselves.smile.png

It is just a placebo effect i guess:)

The thing is i am posting in forums and no satisfying answer at all. I am aware that dynojet or bazzaz guys are always checking the forums to get the feedback about their units and always post something to a critical thread about their products but no answer from them so far.

Dynojet is the biggest aftermarket ecu manufacturer so if they have problems, i am sure the others also have them.

Any comments?

Are you having problems with the quote function?

Since you don't include the DATES of your email correspondence one might assume that your information is perhaps out of date?

And just because Dynojet's PCV isn't available via their international distriibutors doesn't mean it's not available. Until the international distributors have it you just have to order it from the US. Simple, no?

In your email you're asking about a "tuner". What exactly are you looking for? Bazzaz and Dynojet have had fuel injection modules available for the CB'r' 250 for quite some time now.

A fuel injection controller is not the same as an ECU. Neither Dynojet nor Bazzaz make aftermarket ECU's so if that's what you're looking for, you are asking the wrong companies.

You say: "Dynojet is the biggest aftermarket ecu manufacturer...." which is patently FALSE. I think you are confused.

I already sent you links for retailers that are selling Bazzaz and Dynojet fuel injection controllers for the CB'r' 250.

I've ordered a lot of kit from indysuperbikes and they ship to Thailand no problem. You can order one today and have it in the next 7-10 days if you like.

emails dated less than two months.

and i think what i asked them is clear man as still they have only one model at their website.

they have a model for cbr250 now yes but i have read again problems from o2 sensor and seen some dynos with no significant change.

So, yes, i am confused indeed:)

And of course, thanks for the links.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by loserlazer

For what it's worth, and that may not be much, Mee Mee, the Head Mechanic at Honda, Niyom Panich, CNX, said he's being sent to BKK to learn about "big bikes", and that Honda will be opening a "big bike shop" here in CNX in the near future, with all models from 400 cc and up. I won't hold my breath.

For what it's worth, and that may not be much, Mee Mee, the Head Mechanic at Honda, Niyom Panich, CNX, said he's being sent to BKK to learn about "big bikes", and that Honda will be opening a "big bike shop" here in CNX in the near future, with all models from 400 cc and up. I won't hold my breath.

It was announced at the Honda Big Wing grand opening that Honda would open other Big Bike dealers in the country.

580161_10151565538730710_1062068776_n.jpg

Perhaps there will be a Honda Big Wing in CM in the not too distant future. smile.png

525591_3413406606434_1008117020_32625221_281047062_n.jpg

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Possibly. From what he told me & wife, they are training someone now to take his place as Head Mech at Niyom Panich, and he'll be going to the big bike shop. It would seem logical that if they announced it, that CNX would be their next "target market" for that, so we'll wait and see.