Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how long before other manufacturers join the fray. Quite a while back I read rumours of Yamaha bulding a new 250 four stroke but it wasn't clear if it would be a twin or a single. It would be great if kawasaki and Suzuki also also started making 250 singles, especially if they made them here. Then we could have a proper debate. What do you think, is it likely to ever happen?

Edited by jackjones

I wonder how long before other manufacturers join the fray. Quite a while back I read rumours of Yamaha bulding a new 250 four stroke but it wasn't clear if it would be a twin or a single. It would be great if kawasaki and Suzuki also also started making 250 singles, especially if they made them here. Then we could have a proper debate. What do you think, is it likely to ever happen?

The Yammy 250 single is being built in India. From what I heard it is based on the YZF R15 (150cc) chassis but very modded to take the bigger engine rims and upgraded suspension etc.. Last I heard it was due for release soon. The YZF R15 is a very nice looking sport bike (in my opinion) I believe Yammy also plan on entering the Moto3 class with a track version. If all true the 250 track class will be a very competitive class in Thailand....as will the road legal models.

Much to the embarrasment of a few kwaker fans posting here, it is hard to see how kwaker can keep producing a twin if they are to compete either with retail sales of the road legal bike or indeed the high publicity track scene.

But in saying that, personally I believe the 250 class would have been more popular with twin pot engines. Alas in this day and age singles are what will rule.

The Yammy 250 single is being built in India. From what I heard it is based on the YZF R15 (150cc) chassis but very modded to take the bigger engine rims and upgraded suspension etc.. Last I heard it was due for release soon. The YZF R15 is a very nice looking sport bike (in my opinion) I believe Yammy also plan on entering the Moto3 class with a track version. If all true the 250 track class will be a very competitive class in Thailand....as will the road legal models.

Much to the embarrasment of a few kwaker fans posting here, it is hard to see how kwaker can keep producing a twin if they are to compete either with retail sales of the road legal bike or indeed the high publicity track scene.

But in saying that, personally I believe the 250 class would have been more popular with twin pot engines. Alas in this day and age singles are what will rule.

If Yamaha base their 250 sport bike on the fantastic YZ250 engine it won't be eligible to compete in Moto3 because it's got 5 valves... :rolleyes:

Just because some manufacturers want to force dumbed down single cylinder "sport bikes" on the consumers doesn't mean the consumers have to buy them... If I were in the market for a 250 sport bike I'd happily pay a bit more for the superior performance of a twin, be it a Kwacker Ninjette, a Honda VTR, etc.

A real shame as the 250 sport bike class used to have some incredible bikes back in the day... These days it seems if you want a real sport bike you have to start at 600cc or above.

If Yamaha base their 250 sport bike on the fantastic YZ250 engine it won't be eligible to compete in Moto3 because it's got 5 valves... :rolleyes:

Just because some manufacturers want to force dumbed down single cylinder "sport bikes" on the consumers doesn't mean the consumers have to buy them... If I were in the market for a 250 sport bike I'd happily pay a bit more for the superior performance of a twin, be it a Kwacker Ninjette, a Honda VTR, etc.

A real shame as the 250 sport bike class used to have some incredible bikes back in the day... These days it seems if you want a real sport bike you have to start at 600cc or above.

Im sure Yamaha are astute enough to understand the Moto3 engine rules and get the engineering right.

Seems we agree tho on the sport bike scene. as i mentioned my preference is twin...or more, pots. However, to be competitive in todays market Im afraid only singles will rule in the very near future. Hence my considering the CBR 250RR, But really you are right and go with a 600 and get a real bike.

That sounds good mate, bit of an ask, and presumably it's 'no', but I don't suppose he dynos them, or has a dyno graph?

That was the first thing I asked, but unfortunately there are no dynos available. He said they were track tested.

On another note, my staff member who has the test exhaust on his bike, went on a tour to Ayutthaya this past weekend. He easily got the bike up over 150 kph with my wife as a passenger. He said it could have gone even faster, but he didn't want to push it too much. He was afraid I would be angry if he went any faster with my wife onboard.

I'm expecting a black version of the exhaust later this week. I'll be sure to post some photos.

Honda tank bags available at Sumet Cycle.

The large bag is 900 baht + shipping. The small one is 675 + shipping.

I use the small one myself. It comes in quite handy for storing small items such as glasses, mobile phone, gloves etc. Also, the front phone pocket is a great place for your GPS.

Will the large bag fit on the CBR250 and goes it have a built-in rain cover? Thanks :)

Sumet Cycle Moto 3 racing team. I like the sound of that. Only if you guys will join the team.

If i'm the rider it's going to be about 10 seconds slower than the rest just due to my weight. :D

But i could always do the refueling or something....

Edited by thaicbr

Timing!! ^ Just sold me ER6n and bought a CBR250

dam_n could have done a nice trade :( btw why u sold the er6n?

I'm thinking of doing the same! Are you gonna get new or used?

Fancy doing a swap??

I am swapping my CBR (non ABS) out soon, and the ER6N is good enough for me after I bought the new car...

Anyone got any experience with the touring screen available from Honda. Thinking of picking one up soon and would like to know if the difference is more than barely noticeable, as I usually cruise at between 135-145kph indicated when on a trip. And also is it easy to take on and off - is it just a case of taking off the mirrors to slip it off?

Cheers.

Just got a PM from a member who has one and the answers are yes, and yes.

Looks like I'll pick one up then.

Brian, I'll be over to Sumet on Friday to pick up a new helmet anyway, and will probably order the touring screen and the namban pipe too if it looks and sounds good in the flesh.

Just got a PM from a member who has one and the answers are yes, and yes.

Looks like I'll pick one up then.

Brian, I'll be over to Sumet on Friday to pick up a new helmet anyway, and will probably order the touring screen and the namban pipe too if it looks and sounds good in the flesh.

Sure, come on by. The touring screen is currently back ordered so it might take a while before it arrives. You are also welcome to take the CBR with the Namban for a spin and see what you think. What kind of helmet are you looking for? Thanks.

Brian

Sweet, thanks. Just want to pick up a faceless one with good padding. Would you mind putting in an order for the touring screen when you get the chance and I can pay on Friday, it'd be great if I had it before a 3 day ride over the Aug 12 long weekend. Cheers.

Timing!! ^ Just sold me ER6n and bought a CBR250

dam_n could have done a nice trade :( btw why u sold the er6n?

I'm thinking of doing the same! Are you gonna get new or used?

looking for a low mileage second hand, if i cant find any decent ill get it new. WHITE ph34r.gif

Engrin.. two words ... Ram mount.

Only problem would be finding enough handle bar on the Cbr250 to attach it to.

Thanks for the tip thaicbr, looks like this is what I am after. My GPS is not waterproof but I can stash it if it rains :)

Edited by engrin

Engrin.. two words ... Ram mount.

Only problem would be finding enough handle bar on the Cbr250 to attach it to.

Thanks for the tip thaicbr, looks like this is what I am after. My GPS is not waterproof but I can stash it if it rains :)

Go to GPS4U at Fortune Town (Ratchadapisek)

One of the guys there, Khong, does a lot of work with bikes and runs a Super4.

He sorted me out with a RAM motorcycle mount fork stem base (RAM-B-342U)

All up 1,600b but bloody great!

What more do you want :cheesy: