Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

I have removed several posts. Trolling is against forum rules. This is a PUBLIC warning, keep it up , suspensions will be issued.

Can we please get back on topic.

Thank you very much, This will be an important thread and it was a shame that it was being kept off topic as a result of someones personality disorder.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said earlier, my mech said new years, they will sell some of the cbr150s first... I do hope he is wrong, but would it not make sense to wait for the earlybirds to buy a 150 first and then jump over to the 250?

My guess is that the people who wants to buy a smaller big bike, will look for the Kwak250 and the CBR250... And it is a lot of them/us out there.

I was looking at another bigger bike last month, someone said that I should wait for the new Kwak- It looks nice, and yes I might get one of them, but that said, the 150 impressed me with it's size, much larger than the old one (I had one, and it was very skinny).

All we can do is really wait and see...

I might be wrong about the speed I came out with, but I did tell you guys that the Thai mech told me... I have no clue how fast these small bikes will go, but they sure do move.

Wait and see. If we are lucky, tomorrow it will begin, people will buy them, people will ride them, people will tell us what they are really like... We just have to wait...

Snowflake.... The CBR150 is indeed a fun bike to drive on the highway and in town. Over the weekend, traffic was jammed up a few times in Chiang Mai but zipping around on my old CBR was actually fun. The CBR250 is only a tad longer so it should be just about as nimble, provided it is sold in Thailand. Although I was hoping the -250 would have been a two cylinder higher performance machine, I bet it will still be a fun ride. Looking forward to seeing it at the Honda shop!

The more I think about it, the more I think that Honda was pretty clever coming out with the 250 in this version.

For one thing, because it is a single they were able to bring it to the market at at a much lower price. This is important to a cheap Charlie like myself. But also because it is a single it should have the grunt to best the Ninja off the line; which will be satisfying to certain extent. I am sure that the top end will be better on the Ninja, but how long till they catch up? A few mods and maybe they won't.

I hope that it is as comfortable weaving through cars in heavier traffic as the old 150, unfortunately the width will make me second guess squeezing through some places the 150 could go.

But the best part is that it has ABS, which would have been a great help in two of my crashes, where my only choice was a full skid before impact, no time to modulate brakes.

I think the 250 will be a successful and pleasing city bike, with possibly a comfortable cruising feel as well. Definitely it will be pleasing in the twisty bits.

Quite crazy that we still don't know for sure if the CBR250 will be sold in Thailand... AP Honda, it would seem, remains quite incompetent... I'm REALLY hoping the CBR250 will be sold in Thailand! The Ninja 250R needs some competition!!! Ride On! T

Like I said earlier, my mech said new years, they will sell some of the cbr150s first... I do hope he is wrong, but would it not make sense to wait for the earlybirds to buy a 150 first and then jump over to the 250?

My guess is that the people who wants to buy a smaller big bike, will look for the Kwak250 and the CBR250... And it is a lot of them/us out there.

I was looking at another bigger bike last month, someone said that I should wait for the new Kwak- It looks nice, and yes I might get one of them, but that said, the 150 impressed me with it's size, much larger than the old one (I had one, and it was very skinny).

All we can do is really wait and see...

I might be wrong about the speed I came out with, but I did tell you guys that the Thai mech told me... I have no clue how fast these small bikes will go, but they sure do move.

Wait and see. If we are lucky, tomorrow it will begin, people will buy them, people will ride them, people will tell us what they are really like... We just have to wait...

Taking into account my actual needs, versus "my wants" I should stick it out with my Nouvo Elegance 135 c.c. or be looking towards its successors or the PCX and its future descendants. I just returned from Ho Chi Minh City were the traffic is god awful. But, one can walk out into the street in the middle of a large group of motorbikes and the Vietnamese will actually flow around you striving at all costs to avoid hitting you. People actually obey the traffic rules by stopping at red lights driving the correct way down one way traffic lanes, etc. Here in Pattaya the people drive right at you if you are a pedestrian, many of the Thai male drivers are so full of testosterone that they seem to be always out to prove their appendage size is bigger than it really is. A large percentage of the Thai drivers drive paying no attention to their surroundings and just plain behaving stupidly. And as for the Western drivers, we have a lot of Westerners driving drunk, belligerently and arrogantly. Although many people drive well and politely there's a lot of scum driving about and it's just plain dangerous driving in the best of circumstances. Therefore survival is one of my first priorities. Also driving the Nouvo Elegance I just blend in and the police do not pay any more attention to me than others around me. I"ve known guys driving bigger motorcycles who are singled out by the police for preferential treatment on any pretext whatsoever and it all amounts to an unwarranted meal ticket to the undeserving. All things considered driving a machine such as the automatic Nouvo gives me the best chances at survival and it gives me more than enough acceleration and speed to do anything I want to get done.

Now that I've said that, I absolutely loves that pretty blue Honda CBR 150 I rented for a day at Ao Nang Beach in Krabi. I felt it was an excellent all around bike for Thailand and one could drive all over the country on one. I do look too large on it however. I'm a hair under six feet tall and weigh around 76 kilos. I'm 63 and I suppose I look foolish on such a sporty looking machine too but I found the bike to have a much better riding position than I suspected once I got on it. It had enough power to fully enjoy the two lane roads around the Ao Nang Beach area. As for its narrowness, I felt this to be an advantage as that allows for a more nimble machine able to weave in and out of traffic just as well as one can on any small scooter and I found its overall small size to provide a feeling of intimacy between rider and machine that was very endearing. The bike I rented had only 4000 kilometers on the odometer so it was virtually brand new. I saw a lot of bigger machines for rent at Ao Nang but I truly felt I was on a better all around machine for the conditions. I had a lot of fun on that bike. It's too bad my girlfriend is scared to death on any motorbike because I had to drop her off at our hotel before heading out for the hills.

I'd buy one in a heart beat and could care less if I look too old or too large to be driving one. As for the new fuel injected model which apparently has the feel of a larger bike, I'm anxious for the incoming reports. And as for the new 250 that is rumored to be sold in Thailand, I keep remembering what others have said here about the Ninja 250 versus the Tiger Boxer. The Ninja is for many by far the best bike in its class offering something like 33 horsepower out of a 250 and able to reach speeds up to 90 miles an hour or so depending on who's figures are to be believed. For years Honda has been offering the 250 Rebel in the states which from the figures i've seen offers the same horsepower as the 200 c.c. Honda Phantom single......17. I doubt if the Rebel will break 75 miles an hour while the Ninja practically doubles its power output. However, the Ninja as excellent a machine as it is develops its performance at high rpms so it's not the most practical in city driving conditions. I've heard from Mbox and his friends that the single cylinder Tiger at a measly 18 horsepower or so will do a lot better on hilly winding roads than the much more powerful Ninja due to its torque characteristics at much lower rpms. So if Honda does market its upcoming 250 in Thailand at less than 100,000 baht, it would seem to me that it's wanting to do what Tiger has already been doing---that is to sell a relatively low priced bike that performs very well in the kind of driving conditions many of us are likely to encounter while at the same time offering Honda's widespread dealer network and obvious attention to excellent quality. I personally like the design of the Tiger, but lately I've seen two bikes which had finishes that were going South in a hurry.

Jack....the Nouvo Elegance 135 is a great little bike. Wife had an older one a few years ago and it was very good. We bought a new one a couple of months ago as a "temporary replacement" till I get a new CBR. Tried the PCX and absolutely hated it. Surprisingly, she had an Air Blade only 2 yrs old, but sold it and bought her a customized Scoopy, and that little bike is a blast to drive. Very nimble in city traffic, and will cruise at 90 on the highway with no problems. So, she has the Scoopy, which our son is using for now, but he gets the new Nouvo as soon as I buy a new CBR. Just have to decide which one is best.

Agree totally with canuckamuck, looks like Honda have done a balancing act with price and drive-ability. The Ninja 250 would be great but the high end power doesn't suit me for around town so maybe the CBR250 with ABS might be the way to go for me.

Also agree with jackcorbitt, i am happy to blend in with the crowd in Pats with my Wave AT. Actually learnt to ride a bike in Pats with the old CBR150 and felt it was perfect for the situation (once my legs stopped shaking! :) ) I could weave through the traffic with the scooters and then blast away ahead of everyone at the lights. The CBR150 is 70mm wider than the old 150, even the new 150 is 40mm wider than the old one. Looking at the photos of the CBR250 from the top and behind it is the mirrors that stick out more, so i wonder what the width measurement (720mm) is measured from?

post-70604-0-40329500-1289276539_thumb.j post-70604-0-62450800-1289276578_thumb.j

Of course i could just stick to the Wave, but then i wouldn't be able to go on rides with guys like Bigbikebkk, thaicbr, dave_boo, mbox and whoever else wants to come along. Though it wouldn't matter what bike i was on as i wouldn't be able to keep up with bigbikebkk! :lol: Lots of guys have done long trips on the old CBR150 but over 100kph i found it uncomfortable. So i am hoping the CBR250 will have the right balance of being usable in the city and fairly comfortable on long trips. Unlike the old CBR150 the CBR250 is a world release bike so there are gonna be plenty of people modding and experimenting with it. Hopefully it will be possible to get a few more HP with out too much trouble and compromising the drive-ability, though maybe 26HP is enough for what i want in Thailand. It should be enough so i don't drop too far behind on a group ride, if at all!

I'm also waiting to see what Tiger Thailand bring out; hopefully they will introduce the Sachs X-Road 250 early 2011. Then we start having a nice choice of the Honda CBR250R, Kawasaki Ninja 250, Tiger Boxer 250RS and the Sachs X-Road 250!

I think Kawasaki are getting nervous about the CBRs. I dropped into the Kwaka Big Bike showroom a few days after the announcement of the CBR250 and was looking through the window at the bikes when a sales guy came out and talked to me; the first time this has ever happened! Then walked into the parts/apparel section and got a big smile and friendly hello!

Edited by taichiplanet

The mixed information of upcoming bike launches is a mite frustrating..... Hope this bikes is in the dealers this month, and the rental shops immediately after for a test run.

Does a combined braking setup only come with the ABS option? Can't find any confirming information, but would guess the CBS comes only with the ABS option.

A 250 with ABS is freaking awesome; two weeks ago my wife put the Phantom down, at about 40-50km, on a gravel covered sweeper when she tapped the back brake. My instance that she wear protective gear saved her a lot of skin, only weak point was regular pants that resulted in a minimal amount of road rash on her leg. Anybody can benefit from ABS, but an inexperienced and enthusiastic rider will benefit even more so. She will never practice the skidding, emergency braking like I ask of her (too dangerous :rolleyes: ) and won't hesitate to ride with no protective gear (I do better with that discussion).

ABS + ~120,000 + one of the big 4 Japanese quality = peace of mind for moi cheap.

They reported a speed of 128-132 as mentioned before maybe max is 140 kph without any mods.

Ok, that would make it about the same as the old one, even though it's a little heavier, which isn't bad. I'm just wondering though, about the stability at those speeds, as with the old one, once I hit 110+ it just didn't feel stable or steady. Hopefully the new one will be better in that aspect. I like the new 150, especially the red/white/blue, and would probably not have any problems owning that, but still want to wait and see the 250. Don't want to buy the 150, then have the 250's come and wish I had waited. So I'll wait.

:whistling:

Not stable at +110.. Have you ever considered that this might be an indication that you should get yourself a real bike if you like to cruise at those speeds?

Stability in higher speeds and its far from all about tires and bodykit. Its extremly important that you have good working quality shocks and preferebly adjustable ones. If low cost shocks like on the thai CBR's and you will never get that stability. A CBR 150's shocks and a 80 kg person can bottom them any time he wants when braking. Stand over your bike and push the front end up and down hard and you'll see what you've got. Its really only a minimal step up in quality VS a Honda click or any of their other small bikes.

As the 150 is constantly brought up for talks here in 250 thread I would mention this. Nothing is changed in the new 150's front suspension. Not really a wise thing as the front suspension of the 150 is bad enough as they are and on the new model a lot of weight to the bike is added.

I use custom springs in mine and also Castrol synthetic racing fork oil. A big difference

Edited by Thunderbird4ever

The mixed information of upcoming bike launches is a mite frustrating..... Hope this bikes is in the dealers this month, and the rental shops immediately after for a test run.

Does a combined braking setup only come with the ABS option? Can't find any confirming information, but would guess the CBS comes only with the ABS option.

A 250 with ABS is freaking awesome; two weeks ago my wife put the Phantom down, at about 40-50km, on a gravel covered sweeper when she tapped the back brake. My instance that she wear protective gear saved her a lot of skin, only weak point was regular pants that resulted in a minimal amount of road rash on her leg. Anybody can benefit from ABS, but an inexperienced and enthusiastic rider will benefit even more so. She will never practice the skidding, emergency braking like I ask of her (too dangerous :rolleyes: ) and won't hesitate to ride with no protective gear (I do better with that discussion).

ABS + ~120,000 + one of the big 4 Japanese quality = peace of mind for moi cheap.

Interesting vdo, thinking to save myself THB15k by putting those 'training' wheels on! :lol: Couldn't find any reference to the standard CBR250 (non-ABS) having combi brake. For me it is worth the extra 15k for the ABS.

Dropped into a friendly dealer that i used to use. They could not confirm dates or prices but made an interesting point, we can sell you a 150 but you have to buy the 250 from the main dealer. Makes sense as will need trained staff for the bike. Hopefully for all the guys living out in the sticks you might be able to do normal services at your local.

Interestingly the UK Honda site doesn't even mention the ABS, maybe not an option there. They do give power figures though.

Max. Power Output 19.42kW / 8500min-1 (95/1/EC)

Max. Torque 22.9Nm / 7000min-1 (95/1/EC)

And the press kit is quite detailed http://ww1.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/2011/presskit/CBR250R.pdf

Wheel rims are 2.75" front and 4.00" rear, compared to the new CBR150s 2.50" front and 3.50" rear.

Edited by taichiplanet

Hummm, I think what would be interesting is to take a new 150 & 250 and run them against the Ninja 250 for both the quarter mile and mile distance to see how they do. Also, as noted by others, I have a feeling there will be a LOT of after market mods that will also be available to enhance things.

Oh, wife got a call from her cousin today. Cousin works for Honda and said they now have models of the 150 in ALL colors, so I'm going to shoot into town tomorrow and check them out. Already seen the red/white/blue, which I like but definitely want to check out the black, which is what I had before.

post-82655-0-37691600-1289292549_thumb.j

Ninja 250 (taken from wikipedia)

0–60 mph (0–97 km/h) 7.72 sec

1/4 mile 15.58 s @ 81.98 mph (131.93 km/h)[3]

Maximum speed 95.5 mph (153.7 km/h)[3][16]

Maximum power 26.4 hp @ 11,000 rpm (rear wheel)

32 PS (23.5 kW) (crank) [12]

Maximum torque 13.6 ft·lb (18.4 N·m) @ 9,750 rpm

(this is the carbie version)

If all the figures can believed and not sure if the figures given for the CBR250 are at the crank or the wheel.

IF the CBR250 figures are at the wheel then the Ninja has only an 0.4 HP advantage but 5-8 kgs heavier than the CBR250 and 4.5 Nm less torque than the CBR250.

Edited by taichiplanet

Interesting vdo, thinking to save myself THB15k by putting those 'training' wheels on! :lol: Couldn't find any reference to the standard CBR250 (non-ABS) having combi brake. For me it is worth the extra 15k for the ABS.

Dropped into a friendly dealer that i used to use. They could not confirm dates or prices but made an interesting point, we can sell you a 150 but you have to buy the 250 from the main dealer. Makes sense as will need trained staff for the bike. Hopefully for all the guys living out in the sticks you might be able to do normal services at your local.

Interestingly the UK Honda site doesn't even mention the ABS, maybe not an option there. They do give power figures though.

And the press kit is quite detailed http://ww1.honda.co....kit/CBR250R.pdf

Wheel rims are 2.75" front and 4.00" rear, compared to the new CBR150s 2.50" front and 3.50" rear.

I don't know a thing about what kw horsepower means but Wikipedia has the Nouvo Elegance 135 c.c. at around 8.4 kw or so and horsepower at 11.2. Is there a direct ratio or correlation between the two? Because if the same ratio applies if the Elegance produced 11.2 horsepower, and it does look like the new Honda 250 produces 19.42 horsepower that correlates to just shy of 26 ponies which is substantially more than a Honda Phantom, CBR 150 or Tiger Boxer. That's not as much as the 250 Ninja but with the right torque characteristics this might be one compelling little bike.

Hummm, I think what would be interesting is to take a new 150 & 250 and run them against the Ninja 250 for both the quarter mile and mile distance to see how they do. Also, as noted by others, I have a feeling there will be a LOT of after market mods that will also be available to enhance things.

Oh, wife got a call from her cousin today. Cousin works for Honda and said they now have models of the 150 in ALL colors, so I'm going to shoot into town tomorrow and check them out. Already seen the red/white/blue, which I like but definitely want to check out the black, which is what I had before.

Quarter mile

1st Ninja 250

2nd CBR250

3rd CBR150

Edited by Thunderbird4ever

I think we all have the message, repeatedly, that you don't think the 250 will be released in Thailand.

Actually I've never said that I don't think it will be released in Thailand.

All I've said is that there has been no official word from Honda (or APe Honda) stating that it will be. Which there isn't.

They have annoucned that it will be launched in India in April 2011 though. Which is quite a lot of notice to give.

Cheers chaps.

Dominic.

Edited by DomToggaf

Well, for what it is worth, Sir Richard of bkk has again announced the arrival of the CBR250, at prices 500 baht lower than his first listing on MCinTh. Says it will be offered at the same baht we've all kicked around and that it will be available within "a few weeks."

The author of this information, again, is "news." Personally, I believe it. Oh, and three colors in addition to the flaggy model we've seen on the 150. Plus the vague threat of more and bigger in the pipeline.

Wonderful! More quibbling ahead.

Dealer just confirmed to me that will have the CBR 250 in the showroom on 10th November...this coming Wednesday.

That will be great. Tomorrow it is. You'd think they'd mention it though.

Make sure to get some pics, I'm interested in how the paint schemes look. The ones on the 150i are red hot.

Edited by DomToggaf

And the press kit is quite detailed http://ww1.honda.co....kit/CBR250R.pdf

I don't know a thing about what kw horsepower means but Wikipedia has the Nouvo Elegance 135 c.c. at around 8.4 kw or so and horsepower at 11.2. Is there a direct ratio or correlation between the two? Because if the same ratio applies if the Elegance produced 11.2 horsepower, and it does look like the new Honda 250 produces 19.42 horsepower that correlates to just shy of 26 ponies which is substantially more than a Honda Phantom, CBR 150 or Tiger Boxer. That's not as much as the 250 Ninja but with the right torque characteristics this might be one compelling little bike.

19.42 kW=26 HP.....

One a side note, there is another forum I visit (and who's owner is a sponsor here--don't know if I can mention it, so I'll let you just look for mbox's forum), where I ran the numbers comparing the Ninja and the posted for the CBR and it appears that they should be pretty evenly matched with the CBR, considering the gearing, perhaps even coming out ahead in top speed. You'll be looking at something like 160 kph (or just shy) at 10 000 RPM if you have 150/60 tyres on there. In first gear it will wheelie much more easily than the Ninjette, and at a full 1250 RPM lower than the Ninja's torque peak is putting out 18% more torque. The rest of the gears aren't as exciting and you'll probably not have to be doing as much shifting as the Ninja, rather relying on the torque.....

Quarter mile

1st Ninja 250

2nd CBR250

3rd CBR150

So, did you take part in a runoff between the three and know it for a fact? Did God tell you? Or are you just spouting your typical "I know everything about bikes" attitude?

:jap:

Edited by Just1Voice

As this is official from Honda

http://ww1.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/2011/presskit/CBR250R.pdf

Do you think that Honda is wrong or lying when they in their official media information are calling it lightweight with its 161 kg dry weight?

They are are also calling it a powerful 250 with its 26hp?

Some examples for the novice biker

The 20 year old 1990 Honda CBR250RR 4 cylinder, 142 kg dry weight

2010 Honda CBR600RR 4 cylinder, 155 kg dry weight

2010 Honda GSXR600, 4 cylinder, 163 kg dry weight

2010 Suzuki GSXR750, 4 cylinder, 163kg dry weight

Quarter mile

1st Ninja 250

2nd CBR250

3rd CBR150

So, did you take part in a runoff between the three and know it for a fact? Did God tell you? Or are you just spouting your typical "I know everything about bikes" attitude?

:jap:

You seem more interested in critisizing me by answering this post, than intersted in answering to a post where I gave you some real answers and facts about why your CBR150 is not stable or feel stable over 110 kmt.

http://ww1.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/2011/presskit/CBR250R.pdf

Do you think that Honda is wrong or lying when they in their official media information are calling it lightweight with its 161 kg dry weight?

Okay, i will bite. The kerb/curb weight is 162kgs, also known as wet weight which is surprise, surprise different from dry weight. That makes it 7kgs lighter than the Ninja 250s wet weight of 169 kgs. The dry weight of the Ninja 250 is 155 kgs. From the figures i could find on the 2010 CBR600RR its curb/kerb/wet weight is 186 kgs. The wet weight of the 1990 Honda CBR250RR is 157 kgs. Seems the new low-budget CBR250R holds up well with the others wet weight. Or do you ride your bikes without any fluids in them?

http://www.hondanews.com/channels/444/releases/8a0a09e8-2c17-eada-4aec-33004c34bae8

And yes it is called advertising spin. The CBR250 even in Honda's eyes is an entry level sports bike, not a road race bike. And this is the R version, maybe they will do a lighter more powerful CBR250RR version just for you and hopefully you will have less to whinge about, but i doubt it.

http://ww1.honda.co....kit/CBR250R.pdf

Okay, i will bite. The kerb/curb weight is 162kgs, also known as wet weight which is surprise, surprise different from dry weight. That makes it 7kgs lighter than the Ninja 250s wet weight of 169 kgs. The dry weight of the Ninja 250 is 155 kgs. From the figures i could find on the 2010 CBR600RR its curb/kerb/wet weight is 186 kgs. The wet weight of the 1990 Honda CBR250RR is 157 kgs. Seems the new low-budget CBR250R holds up well with the others wet weight. Or do you ride your bikes without any fluids in them?

http://www.hondanews...ec-33004c34bae8

And yes it is called advertising spin. The CBR250 even in Honda's eyes is an entry level sports bike, not a road race bike. And this is the R version, maybe they will do a lighter more powerful CBR250RR version just for you and hopefully you will have less to whinge about, but i doubt it.

You got it all wrong novice, The dry weight of all thes bikes are:

The 2011 Honda CBR250R 1 cylinder is 161 kg dry weight

You got it all wrong novice, The dry weight of all thes bikes are:

The 2011 Honda CBR250R 1 cylinder is 161 kg dry weight

Hey Thundermouth,

Can you tell us what the original CBR250RR would cost TODAY in 2010 US dollars or Thai Baht? You know everything so please let us know.

Tony

Tell me, you who have critisized me with a lot of BS in this thread and now that seems to have been cleaned up... Do you really need to ask stupid questions like this, or do you not understand why they are operating with a dry weight?

If you dont know and I'll give you the anwer. First of all when talking about weight it must be defined what the weight includes as there is not one directive every manufacturer or bike reviewers follows.

Having said that and dry weight basically is to see the weight of what has been engineered.

About wet weight and the most used definition of that and it doesnt really make sense as bikes have many different ways of use and can hold quite some litres of fuel.

In example, do you need full tank if you want to do a quarter mile?

Do you even need half tank if going for 5 laps on a track?

Anyone with an insight in the bikes world understand that it is not important to operate with wet weight as the difference in weight can be 20 kg gasoline alone.

What makes sense in terms of wet weight is a "ready to use" weight and where the amount of gasoline is specified.

So, since today is the day that is should be released, anyone getting one?

Or

Is today the day where all of you will feed Thunderboy?

I read about the CBR250 in a newspaper yesterday (The Nation) and they said it would be out for sale next year??? So many rumors, what is a boy supposed to think?

I find it amusing to complain about a bike that you have never ridden, technology has advanced a little in the last few years. I do think that the new CBR will be better than the old CBR. Honda is not known for making bad bikes and they know better than the most of us what it would cost their brand name if they produced something that is as awful as Thunderbird wants us to believe.

This bike is definitly not for all people, "REAL" bikers that can only aknowledge large choppers from the US will probably look down on everyone riding this bike, but then again, they don't like people who rides a sportsbike either.

Different bikes for different people. Honda has long ago given up producing the fastest bike, I do think that they are trying to make usefull bikes instead. The put more emphasis on riding style-how comfortable you can be and reliability.

If we expect to get a bike cheaper than a Ninja 250, sure they have to cut some corners, but I do not think it is THAT bad.

I am also sure that they can make a CBR that would blow the socks of everyone here on this forum but would it sell? I don't think it would make enough money, and at the end of the day, that is what they want, a bike that will sell to the masses, not a bike that 1 in each country will buy... If you have that money, buy a MV Augusta or Ducati... (Wet dreams)...