Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a 150in the flesh today, couldn't get really near as it was elevated and surroundedby scooters. But I could touch it and got a "brochure". Exhaust looks a bit contrived,supposed to be something I guess, but actually is just gaudy. Does have aanalogue tach and digital speedo so at least the priorities are correct.

Theshowroom staff said 74,800 for the price. When I asked about 250 she said shewasn't sure of the price maybe 150,000 she didn't know and said New Year. Thatseems to confirm the lack of knowledge on the ground about the 250.

It occurredto me but maybe someone has touched on this before. Honda Thailand used to makeone of the most iconic small bikes of recent times the NSR150SP. I don't earnmy money as a bike designer but it did occur to me that using the same philosophythey could have made a XXX250SP, complete with single sided swing arm etc. Butthis sort of comment is east when one is looking from outside in.

For the gentleman born on a Monday. The black one looks OK, but you are correct the white tank etc. of the triclour one looks nice.

I'll pass on the 160,000 ++baht 600 on mocy.com. Last time I went to a grey importer a Versys was 460,000-ish new from Japan, I add this just for comparison.

I was in the dealer again today for a bike service and looking at the 150, Just maybe I go for one of those in the intrim untill I get a 250. The dealer told me for sure they will have a 250 in the showroom on 10th November. But I want a Moriwaki version so I expect that will take time to be available??

I was told I need pay 30,000 difference. (76000 + onroad costs) I paid 64000 for my present bike so thats 12000 of the difference, means depretiation from new of 18000 Baht for a 15month 0ld bike done now 43000km. (High KM) Thats pretty low depreciation I think?? 400B per thousand KM

The new CBR 250 is a single cylinder...

The old CBR 250RR inline 4 was a SWEET bike but also incredibly expensive.

This new CBR is CHEAP (and performance-wise you get what you pay for...)

Ride On!

Tony

jez... a single cylinder 4 stroke... how exciting :whistling:

How much are the 150 and 250 models...i assume its way cheaper than the Kwak 250

although, must admit, they do look nice... and if the price was right!

edit . just saw previous post with prices. can't see how they can justify double the price with larger displacement single cylinder ??

Edited by William Osborne

Saw a 150in the flesh today, couldn't get really near as it was elevated and surroundedby scooters. But I could touch it and got a "brochure". Exhaust looks a bit contrived,supposed to be something I guess, but actually is just gaudy. Does have aanalogue tach and digital speedo so at least the priorities are correct.

Theshowroom staff said 74,800 for the price. When I asked about 250 she said shewasn't sure of the price maybe 150,000 she didn't know and said New Year. Thatseems to confirm the lack of knowledge on the ground about the 250.

It occurredto me but maybe someone has touched on this before. Honda Thailand used to makeone of the most iconic small bikes of recent times the NSR150SP. I don't earnmy money as a bike designer but it did occur to me that using the same philosophythey could have made a XXX250SP, complete with single sided swing arm etc. Butthis sort of comment is east when one is looking from outside in.

For the gentleman born on a Monday. The black one looks OK, but you are correct the white tank etc. of the triclour one looks nice.

I'll pass on the 160,000 ++baht 600 on mocy.com. Last time I went to a grey importer a Versys was 460,000-ish new from Japan, I add this just for comparison.

I was in the dealer again today for a bike service and looking at the 150, Just maybe I go for one of those in the intrim untill I get a 250. The dealer told me for sure they will have a 250 in the showroom on 10th November. But I want a Moriwaki version so I expect that will take time to be available??

I was told I need pay 30,000 difference. (76000 + onroad costs) I paid 64000 for my present bike so thats 12000 of the difference, means depretiation from new of 18000 Baht for a 15month 0ld bike done now 43000km. (High KM) Thats pretty low depreciation I think?? 400B per thousand KM

Apologies for the bad wording in my previous post something to do with pasting from MSWord. Not sure why it joined some words together.

Edited by VocalNeal

i sat on the 150 and is much larger than the old one. felt better balanced. again the dealer didnt know to much about the 250. but kinda confirmed the price when i told him. said next month, and that was a kp honda shop. who ares upposed to be ap hondas retail side

i sat on the 150 and is much larger than the old one. felt better balanced. again the dealer didnt know to much about the 250. but kinda confirmed the price when i told him. said next month, and that was a kp honda shop. who ares upposed to be ap hondas retail side

I sat on it too but it's pretty hard to tell how it will feel when it is rolling. My old 750F felt really awkward at rest, but once moving it was very nice. But that was an old school heavy bike. With the extra weight and bigger tires, I doubt the new CBR will feel as peppy as the old ones but you never know until you ride it.

edit . just saw previous post with prices. can't see how they can justify double the price with larger displacement single cylinder ??

No one knows the price yet, seems to be a best kept secret at Honda for some reason. I read in the Thai newspaper 100k. However, no official word on it yet, so who knows.

No one knows the price yet, seems to be a best kept secret at Honda for some reason. I read in the Thai newspaper 100k. However, no official word on it yet, so who knows.

When I was looking at the 150 yesterday I asked about 250 price. Sales guy went to speak to manager and came back with 100k and "about 120k" for abs version but, as you say, nothing official yet.

Came across this piece on an Australian bike website. Quoting Mr Fumihiko Ike, the Managing Director for Honda’s Regional Operations in Asia and Oceania about the CBR250 being built in Thailand. The article then mentions 'Pricing is still to be determined in Australia for the CBR250R, but in Thailand the bike will retail for 100,000 baht ($A3333), which is a third below that of the popular, carburetted Ninja.' But they could be getting the price from other websites rather than Honda itself. It also mentions a 2 day press test launch in Pattaya on the 29th, where the vid in a previous post was shot at. dam_n it, could've wandered over if i knew!

http://www.bikesales.com.au/news/2010/2011-honda-cbr250r-22338

JR Motor website still has the standard 250 at 100,000 baht, and the ABS version as 1xx,xxx baht. On the first day after the news broke they had 115,xxx for the ABS version but next day that disappeared. They still have the 150 listed as 75,900 baht.

Came across this piece on an Australian bike website. Quoting Mr Fumihiko Ike, the Managing Director for Honda’s Regional Operations in Asia and Oceania about the CBR250 being built in Thailand. The article then mentions 'Pricing is still to be determined in Australia for the CBR250R, but in Thailand the bike will retail for 100,000 baht ($A3333), which is a third below that of the popular, carburetted Ninja.' But they could be getting the price from other websites rather than Honda itself. It also mentions a 2 day press test launch in Pattaya on the 29th, where the vid in a previous post was shot at. dam_n it, could've wandered over if i knew!

http://www.bikesales.com.au/news/2010/2011-honda-cbr250r-22338

JR Motor website still has the standard 250 at 100,000 baht, and the ABS version as 1xx,xxx baht. On the first day after the news broke they had 115,xxx for the ABS version but next day that disappeared. They still have the 150 listed as 75,900 baht.

Looks like 100,000 it is then - it would be a marketing disaster for Honda if a too-low price leaked all over the press - hence, 100k looks very likely. Otherwise, corrections and denials would be published by now.

That would explain the kinda-low specs - for 100k baht it's still a fantastic deal. Kawasaki charged 20k baht for their ABS on the ER-6n ... Honda claims C-ABS is more advanced yet cheaper so it should come in well under 120k... The article also mentions that the new 205R will have more torque than the Ninja 250 - so I'm thinking it will hold up rather well there.

Found a couple more links.

This australian one says "claimed 25hp at 8500rpm and 23Nm of torque at 7000rpm."

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/bike-news/honda-cbr250r-20101103-17d0l.html

This Malay site gives a test ride from Bira on the 29th. The google trans is a bit rough but they seemed happy with the acceleration. Also "Up to now in the hands of CBR 250R to prop the body is not tired. Even the vibration that normally appear on the steering stem is not found, and when driven aggressively, about 20 minutes around Bira." Vibration is one of my major concerns, didn't like the old CBR150 vibs over 100kph, so the 250 looks good in this area. Though they wisely say at the end "In essence, CBR 250R okay. But we still have to wait for the Kawasaki Ninja 250R comparison."

http://gustomobil.wordpress.com/2010/10/29/test-ride-all-new-honda-cbr250r-2011/

I had trouble getting a translation of the thai riders club test ride. Anyone able to see what it says?

A rear shot of the 250

post-70604-0-87531500-1288836994_thumb.j

Edited by taichiplanet

Came across this quote which I thought appropriate to this thread.

Great xxxx can't be measured scientifically because greatness is extremely subjective.

While the new Honda will never be Great because of above, it may turn out to be "fit-for-purpose"

FWIW comparison figures for the various bikes

. . . . . . . . . . . . L . . .W . . H . . . .. . WB . . Seat . . Ground . . C/T ...... Weight (kgs)

Old CBR150. 1910 x 652 x 1065 . . . 1286 . . 776 . . . . 172 . . . 25/88 . . . . 115

New CBR150 1977 x 695 x 1130 . . . 1310 . . 793? . . . 185 . . . 25/90 . . . . 138

New CBR250 2035 x 720 x 1125 . . . 1370 . . 780 . . . . 145 . . . 25/95 . . . . 161/165

Ninja 250 . ... 2085 x 715 x 1115 . . . 1400 . . 790 . . . . 135 . . . 27/85 . . . . 170

LxWxH (mm)

WB = wheel base (mm)

Seat = seat height (mm)

Ground = ground clearance (mm)

C/T = Castor (degrees)/Trail (mm)

This is what you want I believe.

The Mugen and Moriwaki coloured bikes on show at the Honda Fun Fest

The seat on the Mugen looked nice but was in a towelling type fabric which I suspect wouldnt be too long lasting?? Especially in a rain shower.

They werent confined to colour scheme only, but had aftermarket exhausts etc plus the Moriwaki had several lightening items also.

I wonder about the catalyc converter etc??

I presumed the engines are std but Im sure someone somewhere is going to produce some performance tuning extras very quickly.

post-78830-0-14495600-1288841133_thumb.j

post-78830-0-87397500-1288841164_thumb.j

it's not just a thai cbr. it's a Honda world bike. and yes the basic engine etc is . They have already stated that. That's why morawaki and mugen had them before release and provided some worked over bikes. Strange world aint it.

post-62652-0-49140900-1288618866_thumb.j

post-62652-0-17330700-1288618905_thumb.j

Naah.. I dont think that is very correct thaicbr. The Moriwaki GP 250 single cylinder is actually based on the CRF250X engine. This engine comes from motorcross and enduro and has been around for quite some years. Original from honda this is a high maintenance engine. Moriwaki and Mugen are both companies working very close with Honda and will be some of the first to get whatever that is new. Of course they will paint these up in their race colours as their GP250 is a single and the CBR250 is a single.

The Moriwaki GP 250 single cylinder WAS based on the crf. the bikes shown were the new cbr engine. which in turn is loosely based on the crf engine. as with every manufacturer they use similar designs. the cbr uses a proper crankshell bearing the crf does not it uses the same set up as your Cbr150 which you should know about as in another thread you said it's been apart so many times .

still never mind. Obviously THEY ARE NOT GOING TO USE THE SAME street SETUP. but the engine is the base of the new moto3 bike. dat's what Honda say. But they may be wrong and do not know what engine they are going to use in their own bikes :whistling::rolleyes:

Seriously, are you talking about the two"GP" bikes you posted pictures of above?

thaicbr, you didnt seem to want to answer this did you?

This australian one says "claimed 25hp at 8500rpm and 23Nm of torque at 7000rpm."

http://news.drive.co...1103-17d0l.html

This Malay site gives a test ride from Bira on the 29th. The google trans is a bit rough but they seemed happy with the acceleration. Also "Up to now in the hands of CBR 250R to prop the body is not tired. Even the vibration that normally appear on the steering stem is not found, and when driven aggressively, about 20 minutes around Bira." Vibration is one of my major concerns, didn't like the old CBR150 vibs over 100kph, so the 250 looks good in this area. Though they wisely say at the end "In essence, CBR 250R okay. But we still have to wait for the Kawasaki Ninja 250R comparison."

http://gustomobil.wo...a-cbr250r-2011/

I had trouble getting a translation of the thai riders club test ride. Anyone able to see what it says?

A rear shot of the 250

post-70604-0-87531500-1288836994_thumb.j

Vibrasions and for sure it will only get stronger the bigger cc or the longer stroke you go on a single cylinder. This is not to avoid and never to be solved by any motorbike manufactuer on a sinlge of some cc size. Simple, it cant be solved. Taking the CBR 250 up to 300 cc with cams so higher rpm and vibrations will be even stronger. The Kawasaki does not have to deal with this at all. Vibrations will be almost non existing on an inline twin 250.

Vibrasions and for sure it will only get stronger the bigger cc or the longer stroke you go on a single cylinder. This is not to avoid and never to be solved by any motorbike manufactuer on a sinlge of some cc size. Simple, it cant be solved. Taking the CBR 250 up to 300 cc with cams so higher rpm and vibrations will be even stronger. The Kawasaki does not have to deal with this at all. Vibrations will be almost non existing on an inline twin 250.

That is why i would have been happier with a twin. So i suppose Honda have tried to lessen the vibrations issue by making the CBR250 engine lower revving and more torque low down?

That link to the Bira testing which i said was Malay, may actually be Indonesian. Not sure by i think the test rider is saying the vibrations aren't too bad through the handle bars.

Visions, i would be surprised if the dealers in Thailand sell the Mugen and Moriwaki bikes, maybe more of a showcase of what can be done. Fingers-crossed though! There are Japanese after market exhausts that have cats and comply with the Japanese emissions (eg Takegawa), so imagine the same for the Moriwaki unless it is a 'race only' exhaust. The good point is that as this bike is gonna be released worldwide there are going to be plenty of mods available eventually. 5HP more would be good enough for me

I will wait to see the feedback from owners and road tests (and the bank balance to grow!) before deciding. The bike is being shown in Australia at the end of the month and due for release early next year so hopefully a few road tests in english soon.

Edited by taichiplanet

That is why i would have been happier with a twin. So i suppose Honda have tried to lessen the vibrations issue by making the CBR250 engine lower revving and more torque low down?

That link to the Bira testing which i said was Malay, may actually be Indonesian. Not sure by i think the test rider is saying the vibrations aren't too bad through the handle bars.

Visions, i would be surprised if the dealers in Thailand sell the Mugen and Moriwaki bikes, maybe more of a showcase of what can be done. Fingers-crossed though! There are Japanese after market exhausts that have cats and comply with the Japanese emissions (eg Takegawa), so imagine the same for the Moriwaki unless it is a 'race only' exhaust. The good point is that as this bike is gonna be released worldwide there are going to be plenty of mods available eventually. 5HP more would be good enough for me

I will wait to see the feedback from owners and road tests (and the bank balance to grow!) before deciding. The bike is being shown in Australia at the end of the month and due for release early next year so hopefully a few road tests in english soon.

They also added a counterbalancer (essentially a 'dead' piston that mimics what a inline twin would do) to alleviate a lot of the vibes.

Like i said before a CBR600RR 2004-2005 would be a nice bike to get if you want to go the racing way and it will set you back about 220.000 B for a nice one with plates. Also you could get a 2002 Yamaha R6 to well under 200 k.

Sorry I think you are dreaming. Please share with us some links to PLATED '04-05 CBR600RRs in good nick for 220k Baht. An 8 year old R6 with a plate for under 200k Baht? Perhaps, but at that age you can plan on it being a money pit...

If going in the offroad direction and I would say here its very interesting what you get. A D-tracker is a very good buy and you get a lot bike and also a lot for your money. A great commuter bike, allround bike and also not so bad to go shopping with as handle bars are wide and on and off on the bike is easy. What you also get is a bike than can take you through most condition roads in Thailand. You dont need to worry about holes in the road in the same way as a street bike as it is a offroader on SM wheels. Big front shock the definately best shocks offered on a Thai made bike today. Also if getting a pair of extra enduro/offorad/motocross wheels and you can take it anywhere you want wether it be dirt roads, track or on a remote beach. Before the Kawasaki Versys is offered and I think it is the greatest bike and deal offered from the Thai motorcycle industry. Its de-restricted in Thailand but that is an easy D.I.Y. mod or 8000 B plug in device with a smaller fix to it. Tons of aftermarket parts, bore up kits and everything.

Comparing a 157k Baht D-Tracker "motard" to a ~100k Baht Honda CBR 250 is quite the apples and oranges comparison IMO. You complain that the CBR is underpowered and overweight, but that's the most common criticism of the D-Tracker as well...

Also the Suzuki DRZ400 in SM version is a very nice bike that offeres great riding and have good potential for commuting and loads of fun! Much more powerful than the D-tracker and a bike that has proven itself to be reliable and is extremly popular in Europe in its class and in the growing passion for SM bikes these days.

Loads of extras for this bike to get also. 06, 07 and 08 very nice condition bikes can be had for under 200 k plated.

The DRZ400 is a great bike but a LEGAL PLATED DRZ400 for under 200k Baht? VERY rare indeed! '06-'08 for under 200k with legal plate? Please share you links or it doesn't exist... :rolleyes:

Another issue you haven't addressed is the value of a WARRANTY and the COST OF OPERATION. While I might agree that the Honda CBR 250 is not a terribly exciting bike, it will come with a warranty and cheap local parts. The cost of running a CBR 250 will be MUCH MUCH lower than ANY of the imported grey market bikes you've listed above. When you purchase a grey market import you have NO warranty and NO local parts supply chain. Grey Market imports often have very dodgy service histories. Sourcing parts from abroad can be time consuming and expensive. If you have the time and budget for a grey market import, great! But if not, then buying local makes much more sense.

The Honda CBR 250 probably isn't going to win any races but I'm sure it will be of typical Honda quality and provide many years of reliable low cost service.

Ride On!

Tony

TonysBike0810Sm.jpg

Yes they re easy to find and easy to buy. Most are unplated as they re sold with a true invoice, governments tax numbers, cargo lot numbers etc ( I'll get to that in the next post). The bikes below and from my experiance buying bikes here, and they re all up for a price reduction. But like I ve said before do some homework and get in touch with the importers yourself and you ll get the best bikes and bikes that comes straight off from Japan. The japanese are known to take as good care of their things like in any western country. I would say even better than most countries. Running and operating a newer a big bike has never really been looked at as expensive, rather the opposite. For sure it must cost some more than a 250 as tyres are wider, its 4 cylinder and for several other reasons, but expensive. No.

Your comment about an 8 year CBR600 would be a money pit is really silly. So your GSXR then will be a money pit when its 8 years old? Some rubbish you are posting here. Wouldnt expect that from one that owns several big bikes himself.

Also stuff sold in mocyc.com are often stolen goods?? Show me the proof behind such a statement. Actually my fiberglass friend is a friend of the guy running this site. mocyc.com is the most comprehensive, biggest, most valued and most proffessional run motorcycle portal for the Thai people today.Thats where it all is happening. Things bought there is no more stolen than in any other website that sell second hand or new stuff. So you show us some evidence of your statement. But you cant because its just rubbish. We are waiting then....

Invoiced CBR 600 RR's after a quick search, but note, most bikes available are not in internet but around at small dealers.

CBR600 invoice 173.000

CBR600 invoice 160.000

CBR600 invoice 155.000

DRZ400 with invoice

DRZ400SM invoice 129.000

DRZ400SM invoice 2008 mod 140.000

DRZ400SM invoice 2008 mod 135.000 and with Striker full exhaust

DRZ400SM invoice 145.000

DRZ400SM invoice 155.000 with Yoshimura full system

DRZ400SM invoice 2009 mod

All bikes posted in 2010, so yes they are available without any problem.

And guess what, they aint gonna brake down or dissapoint you. This is where you will actually find the fun and whats worthy a bike.

PS! The D-tracker as I ve posted before is restricted in Thailand but is a very easy D.I.Y. fix or a 8000 baht plug in device and some very easy fix and its all full power. What I meant about in earlier post here is that with a SM (super motard) you get more or less two bikes in one as you can take it on bad road as it is or change wheels and take it anywhere. This is why I said its probably the best smaller commuter. The better shocks will also deal with the roads in Thailand better than any other Thai made bike.

Edited by Thunderbird4ever

jez... a single cylinder 4 stroke... how exciting :whistling:

How much are the 150 and 250 models...i assume its way cheaper than the Kwak 250

although, must admit, they do look nice... and if the price was right!

Kawasaki gain respect in my eyes every day. Honda you lost the plot long ago.

Playing it safe is a stupid strategy.

Who would ride this "thumper"?

The power is close to what a good 150 cc 2 stroke would make. Then consider the fun factor.

Exactly, A CBR 250 from 2010 and it should have been made up so much better than what it is now. IN my opinion its also wrong to try and make a CBR to a world bike. Make an CB250 S or R for that purpose.

A CBR 250 from 2010 should have had some nicer bits on it and as one poster suggested maybe also a single swingarm like the Thai made NSR150SP had. As long as its mass produced like it will be and a sinlge swingarm would only be minimal.

Edited by Thunderbird4ever

DRZ400SM invoice 2009, that should be 165.000

And then how much for a fully legal green book and plate?, (if you can get one)

how long would the green book take?

Are you sure that all the correct import papers are there/

I am disappointed with this Honda cbr. BUT at least it another bike available for those that want it.

I really do not understand why YOU are getting so annoyed about this. You ride a tricked out CBR150 (thats waiting for a new big bore crank) am i correct.

DRZ400SM invoice 2009, that should be 165.000

There is more chance of me getting a boob job than buying that bike. I don't want a big bike, I don't want a used bike, I don't want to spend anymore than 120K and it seems to me that Honda have delivered what I want.

Why don't you start your own 'why I don't like the new CBR thread'? I don't think anyone seriously thinking of buying a new CBR250R is going to change their mind and buy a 600 on invoice just because you think it's more of a bike.

Kawasaki gain respect in my eyes every day.

+1

Kawasaki is offering some awesome Bikes here - and in a good price region too.

They were coming with a 250 Ninja for a decent price new & made locally ( about 2 -3 years back??). They were bringing a d-tracker/klx again locally made and decent priced. They came with the Er6's and now the Versys again decent price. The zx10 & Vulcan 990 are also available since a while for a not too bad price....

some only talk - some Act . Kawasaki did Act.

APE Honda does not perform as they should. Somewhere mentioned -the new Cbr's swingarm...i had 2 days ago a look on the new CBR150R in real...didn't test ride it, but the swingarm looked old style and a bit disappointing- should have been a pro-arm, no?However, the rest seemed Ok( for a sport'sih thumper) .

mbox