Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

The head mechanic at Niyom Panich Honda here in CM swears the new CBR 400 (and 600) will be here this month (April), but can't say for sure when. He's been right on everything he's told me over the past few years of dealing with him, so I'm inclined to believe him.

HOWEVER, I have checked every website I can find looking for information on a new CBR 400 and come up with zilch. I've found information and pictures of the new CBR 600, but nada on the 400. Then again, we all remember the game Honda played with the 250. Nothing mentioned in the press, and emails & phone calls to inquire about it in order to verify the "rumors" were met with the stock - "Honda is coming out with many new models this year, but we're not allowed to state which ones at this time." Yeah, right. But then, just about 2 weeks prior to the release, bingo, here come the ads. So maybe they're playing the same game again.

My decision to upgrade from my 150 f/i of last year will hinge on the 400 which, for me, would be the perfect bike for Thailand. It should be much better on the highways for the trips I like to take, yet not so big to be a bear in city triaffic. So now I'm just waiting to see IF it comes out, and the price tag. If not, or the price is what I consider "over the top", I'll go with a new 250. Wait and See is the name of the game.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I just finished reading (most) every post on this thread. Was it worth it? HELLLLLLLL No. Biggest bunch of nothing of value I have ever read. 60% speculation, 35% opinion and very little of use to anyone who wants information on biking in THAILAND. I have 27 pages of really good infomation I copied from the CBR150 thread and zip, zero, nada from this thread. You guys are lame. I'll check back here from time to time to see if you have stopped aquabbling over which is a real sport bike and which brand is the only one to have but I don't hold out much hope.

I bought a 2005 CBR150 in Bangkok in December (42K ThBaht with new tires, brake pads) and liked it so much that when I got back to Dallas, mid January, I called the local Honda dealer and asked if he had one. The next day I bought the last 2011 CBR250 in Texas (list $3,999 but $5,400 with tax, title, destination charge, freight, assembly, etc. 600 mile checkup was $390) and now have a thousand city, freeway miles on it. I have none of the problems mentioned in this thread. My last new bike was a 1982 Yamaha with similar features plus shaft drive. I was very pleased at the performance of such a small, lightweight bike that the CBR250 is. I can get to 80 MPH quickly but seem to top out at 83 MPH. Anything over 70 MPH and the speeding ticket you get will make you cry so it's plenty fast enough for Dallas. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to drive this bike much in Bangkok traffic compared to the (old) CBR150.

To whomever it may concern: A sport bike is any bike you ride for sport. A 'real' sport bike is any bike you ride for sport; got it? Also, If it ain't a Honda or Yamaha, it ain't S*it in my book; put that in your pipe and smoke it.

If anyone has any stories of any 'real' experiences riding their Honda CBR250s in Thailand, I would enjoy reading them.

p.s. I do hope I've pissed off those who've pissed me off these 183 pages, lol.

post-102528-0-59686300-1333324390_thumb.

post-102528-0-94762000-1333325208_thumb.

post-102528-0-50371000-1333325258_thumb.

post-102528-0-24354600-1333325403_thumb.

post-102528-0-87019300-1333325446_thumb.

post-102528-0-32361800-1333325520_thumb.

Well, I just finished reading (most) every post on this thread. Was it worth it? HELLLLLLLL No. Biggest bunch of nothing of value I have ever read. 60% speculation, 35% opinion and very little of use to anyone who wants information on biking in THAILAND. I have 27 pages of really good infomation I copied from the CBR150 thread and zip, zero, nada from this thread. You guys are lame. I'll check back here from time to time to see if you have stopped aquabbling over which is a real sport bike and which brand is the only one to have but I don't hold out much hope.

I bought a 2005 CBR150 in Bangkok in December (42K ThBaht with new tires, brake pads) and liked it so much that when I got back to Dallas, mid January, I called the local Honda dealer and asked if he had one. The next day I bought the last 2011 CBR250 in Texas (list $3,999 but $5,400 with tax, title, destination charge, freight, assembly, etc. 600 mile checkup was $390) and now have a thousand city, freeway miles on it. I have none of the problems mentioned in this thread. My last new bike was a 1982 Yamaha with similar features plus shaft drive. I was very pleased at the performance of such a small, lightweight bike that the CBR250 is. I can get to 80 MPH quickly but seem to top out at 83 MPH. Anything over 70 MPH and the speeding ticket you get will make you cry so it's plenty fast enough for Dallas. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to drive this bike much in Bangkok traffic compared to the (old) CBR150.

To whomever it may concern: A sport bike is any bike you ride for sport. A 'real' sport bike is any bike you ride for sport; got it? Also, If it ain't a Honda or Yamaha, it ain't S*it in my book; put that in your pipe and smoke it.

If anyone has any stories of any 'real' experiences riding their Honda CBR250s in Thailand, I would enjoy reading them.

Oh man, where were you? We have been waiting for your valuable comments for a long time.clap2.gif

But, It is because of you as you were selfish enough to share your valuable cbr 250 info with us from the beginning and this chained us to a vicious circle of

endless nonsense.

Still, what i have seen in your post that it adds nothing to the forum as well. Just blaming others etc. just another bull.... on the block.

"A 'real' sport bike is any bike you ride for sport; got it? Also, If it ain't a Honda or Yamaha, it ain't S*it in my book; put that in your pipe and smoke"violin.gifIs that what you can contribute here the most?

Sorry man, i could not get it and i cannot put this in my pipe and smoke it.

So, if this is what we can get from you as valuable information or comment, you should better wait little more on contributing here, i guess.

or up to you man...

Oh man, where were you? We have been waiting for your valuable comments for a long time.clap2.gif

But, It is because of you as you were selfish enough to share your valuable cbr 250 info with us from the beginning and this chained us to a vicious circle of

endless nonsense.

Still, what i have seen in your post that it adds nothing to the forum as well. Just blaming others etc. just another bull.... on the block.

"A 'real' sport bike is any bike you ride for sport; got it? Also, If it ain't a Honda or Yamaha, it ain't S*it in my book; put that in your pipe and smoke"violin.gifIs that what you can contribute here the most?

So, if this is what we can get from you as valuable information or comment, you should better wait little more on contributing here, i guess.

or up to you man...

Sir, that was an introductory comment to let everyone know where I stand. There WAS information in my post: I bought and own a CBR250R, I have more than a thousand miles riding it in Dallas traffic, it easily gets to 80 MPH but seems to top out at 82,83 MPH,

endless nonsense.

or up to you man...

Sir, that was an introductory post to let everyone know where I stand. As for information, you could have read: what the Dallas price and cost is, that I bought the last one in Texas (you could deduce that they are popular here), that I have a thousand miles experience with the bike and think it is good value for money, it has been trouble-free for those thousand miles (no rattles, funny noise, etc.), it easily gets to 80 MPH but seem to top out at 83 MPH, that I think the CBR150 is better suited to Bangkok traffic than the CBR250.

I really got tired reading this thread about this or that brand of motorcycle is best and have been biting my tongue and biding my time to put my two cents in regarding 'best bike'; you have a problem with my opinion?

I really enjoy riding my CBR25R and choose it whenever the weather permits which, here in Dallas, is almost always. I got 70 MPG on my first tank and I consistenty get 65 MPG or better now. I use the best gasoline available. No one is Dallas tries to 'race' me from the traffic light and I drive with the traffic flow which is pretty fast here. Since I don't have to drive in the rain or through puddles, I have only needed to clean and lube my chain once. I degrease the chain with WD40 and a stainless steel wire brush then wash with soap and water. After it dries, I use DuPont Teflon Chain Saver wax based lube and let is dry for a half hour. I will do this monthly. The stock tires, from what I have seen on youtube videos are adequate and not at all unsafe. I've had some pretty good lean angles and they are trust-inspiring. They probably don't get challenged here the way they might in Bangkok as the streets are dry and mostly oil-free. I hand wash my bike weekly and have ridden in the rain only once and that was to see what the tires felt like on wet pavement. Because we get infrequent rain in Dallas, the road oil can build up on some heavily travelled streets and when the first rain comes, the oil floats to the top causing slippery conditions. Either there was minimal oil or the tires performed well because I didn't notice any difference riding in the rain except I need higher top rain boots. I noticed some hand tingling after an hour or so driving when I first got my bike so I sat more upright and used my legs as though riding a horse and the problem is gone. I do ride with my legs and steer with my hips except for emergency maneuvers when I counter steer with the handlebars. I intentionally locked up the brakes about two weeks after I bought it so I would know what to expect when the inevitable happens. I got a little bit of rear-wheel hop but manageable. I don't have ABS. I have a Ram mount for GPS and also for video camera. Because the bike is a 250cc, it, even with Honda's technology, vibrates quite a bit and the videos are not enjoyable to watch (contrast with BigBikeBkk's quality bike videos). I would like a throaty rumble sound from my exhaust pipe but that would require me buying a larger bike than this. I get people coming up to me when I park or getting ready to leave a parking space wanting to know about the bike or to tell me of their biking experience. I you don't like strangers talking to you, don't buy this bike!.

There, are you satisfied now?

edit. added:"But, It is because of you as you were selfish enough to share your valuable cbr 250 info with us from the beginning and this chained us to a vicious circle of

endless nonsense"

andswer: I just found the link three weeks ago and thought it inapproprate to bring up year-old arguments. If you think you need help staying out of "a vicious circle of endless nonsense" (your words, not mine), I will help you out.

Edited by rametindallas

u spend ages reading 183 pages of crap and then b1tch about it at the end ?

no offense but you sound like someones ex wife whose being traded in for younger model ! :D

to ramet:

OK man, excuse me if i was so direct to the point, but i cannot hold myself sometime, please contribute to the forum as every idea and individual brain is a positive addition, welcome.

Yes, sometime the thread is out of topic but it is necessary. This is because some kawasaki fans who cannot digest the reality of a cbr250 for 3000 USD most of the time.

In no forum you can get 100 percent accurate information and forums are for fun and sharing knowledge at the end so it has to slide out of topic sometime otherwise, it will be very cold and boring.

regards.

This review is the same as the one i posted in cbr 250 forum. No time to adjust the text for two different forums. excuses but i need to enlighten the folks in Thailand as well.

Finally installed 'dan moto jisu black exhaust' on one boring Bangkok night at an only open car exhaust shop with the help of the mechanic. Not a perfect fit but OK. A couple of flaws, easy to fix later.

Still, it is a shame to get a badly design adapter from dan moto. They really need seriously to consider re designing it for a cooler brand recognition. You really need to stuff the exhaust and without some extra cutting and adding, nearly impossible to fit it. Still, keep in mind though i have the 'bikers' foot sets and it is longer than the stock more than a cm so it made the job harder. With the stock foot sets, it might fit easier.

No time, work hard nowadays to leave my bike for a custom adapter in the search for a better angle. so, i need to live with it for a while.mad.gif

Still looks cool man on the bike. Compact , better for width and ground clearence.

Bike is like flying now. lighter, better handling. Like it broke its chains.smile.gif

Better low and midrange. Dead spot on 3000 -5000 rpm is dead now!

Very useful for traffic, great for sudden low\mid rolls for the tight conditions in dense traffic jungle. Top end is better as well.

overall, you can feel the performance increase in all rpm ranges.

Great sound - baffle installed, keep in mind- deep bass for lows and mids and nice, tolerable amounts of higher frequencies for up. Not that disturbing during touring. Not badly loud. not like i was afraid of and good for the awareness of the others. More heads are turning than the stock now.smile.gif

Besides, quiet if you want/ need it to.

let's come to the point, for 140 usd with baffle, not a perfect fit but it is cool man. i am satisfied. no need to pay 400-500 usd for a pipe on a 3000 usd cbr really. But Let's see how long will it last?

No video as my shitty camera is only recording distortionbiggrin.gif

Next step is ecu, i am so busy with meetings and social company events so could not find time to go to API TECH shop as i lost my confidence on dynojet and bazzaz and they are expensive. If i try, i will try a Thai made one for better price and easy adjustments if needed as all i understand, you can go to API TECH shop for more dyno tune if you need to.

post-114750-0-26970700-1333434768_thumb.

post-114750-0-67377200-1333434776_thumb.

post-114750-0-21320900-1333434787_thumb.

post-114750-0-38663100-1333434817_thumb.

Edited by loserlazer

u spend ages reading 183 pages of crap and then b1tch about it at the end ?

no offense but you sound like someones ex wife whose being traded in for younger model ! biggrin.png

You don't know how a book will end when you read the first chapter. I started at the beginning so I wouldn't bore people with repeats. I kept hoping it would get better. Why, do you have a different opinion of the thread so far? Do you think this has been anywhere nearly as good as the CBR150 thread. To bitch about something means to continually gripe; I just made one observation. Prove me wrong and put some quality posts worth reading on here. You didn't like my last, informative post?

Since I like to use my CBR250 as much as possible, I rigged a milk crate on the back for groceries and what not. It looks like hell but is very functional.

What kind of rain gear is popular in Thailand and is there any quality rain gear availabe in Bangkok. Any reccommendations?

post-102528-0-64196500-1333463108_thumb.

This review is the same as the one i posted in cbr 250 forum. No time to adjust the text for two different forums. excuses but i need to enlighten the folks in Thailand as well.

Finally installed 'dan moto jisu black exhaust' on one boring Bangkok night at an only open car exhaust shop with the help of the mechanic. Not a perfect fit but OK. A couple of flaws, easy to fix later.

Still, it is a shame to get a badly design adapter from dan moto. They really need seriously to consider re designing it for a cooler brand recognition. You really need to stuff the exhaust and without some extra cutting and adding, nearly impossible to fit it. Still, keep in mind though i have the 'bikers' foot sets and it is longer than the stock more than a cm so it made the job harder. With the stock foot sets, it might fit easier.

No time, work hard nowadays to leave my bike for a custom adapter in the search for a better angle. so, i need to live with it for a while.mad.gif

Still looks cool man on the bike. Compact , better for width and ground clearence.

Bike is like flying now. lighter, better handling. Like it broke its chains.smile.gif

Very useful for traffic, great for sudden low\mid rolls for the tight conditions in dense traffic jungle. Top end is better as well.

Great sound - baffle installed, keep in mind- deep bass for lows and mids and nice, tolerable amounts of higher frequencies for up. Not that disturbing during touring. Not badly loud. not like i was afraid of and good for the awareness of the others. More heads are turning than the stock now.smile.gif

let's come to the point, for 140 usd with baffle, not a perfect fit but it is cool man. i am satisfied. no need to pay 400-500 usd for a pipe on a 3000 usd cbr really. But Let's see how long will it last?

Next step is ecu, i am so busy with meetings and social company events so could not find time to go to API TECH shop as i lost my confidence on dynojet and bazzaz and they are expensive. If i try, i will try a Thai made one for better price and easy adjustments if needed as all i understand, you can go to API TECH shop for more dyno tune if you need to.

That's the best looking muffler/silencer I've seen yet. Your other trim looks very nice also.

Where did you get information on ECUs?

Where do you ride that you could use more 'top end' speed. Mine goes 80 MPH with no problem.

Where can you buy a $3,000 CBR250 in the States? They list for $3,999 on the internet and with tax, etc., I paid $5,400+ to get mine. I was amazed that they sell for Baht 100,000 or so in Thailand inclusive; that's $3,291 at today's exchange rate.

RAIN GEAR - The best thing I have found is actually a fitness/workout suit that is two part, bottom and top. Silver metalic in color with elastic at the bottom of the pants for around the ankles, and also on the sleeves for around the wrists. Two types of top, a pull over and a zip up, depending on which one you like best. We found them in the "exercise and fitness" section of Santan at the Kad Suan Kaew Mall here in Chiang Mai, at about 500 Baht each.

Good things about them is that because of the silver metalic color, they make you easily visible to others, and along with keeping you dry, they also keep you warm.

Don't bother looking in Tesco or Big C, they don't carry them. You have to go to the "higher end" stores to find them. Definitely worth it in my opinion

What kind of rain gear is popular in Thailand and is there any quality rain gear available in Bangkok. Any recommendations?

I never use raining gear in Thailand as i like to get wet and it is always hot here while raining. Anyway, it is impossible to be dry in a Mansoon Bangkok rain here.

That's the best looking muffler/silencer I've seen yet. Your other trim looks very nice also.

Where do you ride that you could use more 'top end' speed. Mine goes 80 MPH with no problem.

Where can you buy a $3,000 CBR250 in the States? They list for $3,999 on the internet and with tax, etc., I paid $5,400+ to get mine. I was amazed that they sell for Baht 100,000 or so in Thailand inclusive; that's $3,291 at today's exchange rate.

You can check www dot apitechonline dot com for the ecus they have. Website in Thai but can translate it.

They have only one ecu available which is not stated in the website. It is 4500 thb including dyno tuning which is quite reasonable.

The trims are all from Bangkok check www do bikers do co dot th , really nice quality and looks cool. exhaust is only 140 usd.

I bought my bike for 2800 usd as second hand only in three hundred km as the flood was approaching in Bangkok so the guy sold it to me as bargain.

It is made on Thailand so it is cheap in Thailand/

Edited by loserlazer

RAIN GEAR - The best thing I have found is actually a fitness/workout suit that is two part, bottom and top. Silver metalic in color with elastic at the bottom of the pants for around the ankles, and also on the sleeves for around the wrists. Two types of top, a pull over and a zip up, depending on which one you like best. We found them in the "exercise and fitness" section of Santan at the Kad Suan Kaew Mall here in Chiang Mai, at about 500 Baht each.

Good things about them is that because of the silver metalic color, they make you easily visible to others, and along with keeping you dry, they also keep you warm.

Don't bother looking in Tesco or Big C, they don't carry them. You have to go to the "higher end" stores to find them. Definitely worth it in my opinion

Great idea, thanks. Lightweight and inexpensive. How about overboots/galoshes?

What kind of rain gear is popular in Thailand and is there any quality rain gear available in Bangkok. Any recommendations?

I never use raining gear in Thailand as i like to get wet and it is always hot here while raining. Anyway, it is impossible to be dry in a Mansoon Bangkok rain here.

Though I grew up in SE Louisiana (same annual rainfall as BKK), so I don't personally mind being wet but, in Thailand, I kind of like to keep a neat appearance as I am old and ugly already. Reflects badly when farang show up at someone's house looking like a drowned rat. cowboy.gif

You can check www dot apitechonline dot com for the ecus they have. Website in Thai but can translate it.

They have only one ecu available which is not stated in the website. It is 4500 thb including dyno tuning which is quite reasonable.

The trims are all from Bangkok check www do bikers do co dot th , really nice quality and looks cool. exhaust is only 140 usd.

I bought my bike for 2800 usd as second hand only in three hundred km as the flood was approaching in Bangkok so the guy sold it to me as bargain.

It is made on Thailand so it is cheap in Thailand/

Thanks. It would be nice to know what everyone is talking about re: ECUs

HRC Honda Racing are releasing a racing version of the CBR250R in April. Can't find anything in english so had to run it through google translate so not sure if you can buy a whole bike or they do a make over on a standard bike.

http://www.honda.co....achine/cbr250r/

"CBR250R sports car base is a vehicle has been provided to the HRC service shops from HRC on the assumption that it had completed over complete car service shops in the HRC. Specifications of the vehicle price varies depending on the service shop..... Please ask for specifications and price to the HRC service shops."

post-70604-0-89351800-1332928094_thumb.j

HRC CBR has map adjustable ECU

HRC has announced race CBR250R in 24th, March.

Biggest change from regular CBR is that it has special ECU with following function.

-Adjustable fuel and ignition map (program kit sold seperately)

-memorize 2 maps and changeable with remote switch.

-+300rpm rev limit .

-quick shifter function with remote switch (for hand operation).

-pit-lane rev-limit function with remote switch.

-requires special harness.

ECU-¥25,000

Harness-¥14,800

other sensors&switchs-¥39,000

setting tool-¥37,800

BIZUMO

Are there any guys or girls here using these popular exhausts on there CBR250's?

I'm tempted to get one for my bike and would like some reviews from people here.

Karl smile.png

How can such a boring looking bike attract over 4,000 replies? is it a stealth fighter in disguise!!

BIZUMO

Are there any guys or girls here using these popular exhausts on there CBR250's?

I'm tempted to get one for my bike and would like some reviews from people here.

Karl smile.png

How can such a boring looking bike attract over 4,000 replies? is it a stealth fighter in disguise!!

And back to my question... lol

There was one guy who got a Bizumo, right at the start, maybe he was on this forum, or maybe cbr250.org

Search this topic for Bizumo and maybe send him a PM if it shows up. That's the only person I've heard of getting one for the CBR250. They must be relatively okay though, last time I was down in K-Speed they had 2 or 3 Ducatis with them fitted.

Thanks for the reply, i'll do a search now.

The exhaust will be fitted to my 2012 Ninja 650, but i have seen many videos and links with CBR250's with them fitted, just curious to see how they held up. but i guess it's irrelevant as the CBR is a single and the 650 a P-twin :)

BIZUMO

Karl smile.png

Prolly cuz it's cheap? passifier.gif

Do they actually develop the pipes for specific bikes, or just put them together and sell them for any ol' bike?

I've never seen a dyno for one, so presume it's the latter. TBH I don't think I'd buy a pipe for a bike that I haven't seen dynos for, or have personally tested, not a Thai made pipe anyway. I'm not entirely convinced by the Italian flag design and spiel of the Bizumo's.