Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

I can understand how, since the CBR 1000 has had the current tri-colour scheme available since 2008, one would think that the baby CBR was aping it. However, seeing as it is simply a continuation of the scheme offered on the first VFR750, in actuality the CBR is aping the bike that Honda has stated was the inspiration for their design of the CBR 150/250.

Of course there may have been previous Honda race bikes that actually started the trend, but as far as I know the VFR was their first commercial bike to offer a spreading tri-colour paint job.

1986-VFR750-Ad.jpg

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we could argue about whether it looks more like the CBR1000 or the VFR1200 all day

Hey, that sounds like fun!

Strange to call it a CBR250 and use the CBR1000 paint schemes when in fact they're basing it on the VFR though huh?

Bit difficult to make a 'V' out of a single cylinder mate.

Interesting to see previous comments of yours about it though.

CBR1000: 'Personally I like it a lot.'

CBR250R: 'It looks like a dog's dinner.'

On them looking a like:

"I'm guessing you didn't win the "spot-the-difference" contest at school. Try looking beyond the tri-color paint scheme and the badge smile.gif

Hint - the dual headlights are a good starting point. Then look at the frame. And swingarm. And forks.

PS I included the link but no spoon. You might want to check the rear shock and the clip-ons as well.

PS it's 1000cc and I'm pretty sure it's not a single"

But anyway, it's great that you think a little 250 that looks like a 'dog's dinner' looks like a 1000cc superbike that you like the look of. Plenty of owners will be happy I'm sure.

Trying to look like, and looking like are 2 completely different things my friend. Of course it doesn't have the same frame, swingarm, forks, shock etc. Because the CBR1000 is a real sportsbike, and the CBR250 is an imitation sportsbike. Nothing wrong with that, but your assertion that the Ninja is for posers because it follows the styling of the ZX10R is kind of ironic when you look at the CBR250 and CBR1000 side by side. The fact they used the same name and paint schemes is kind of a give away as to their intentions. Like they say, actions speak louder than words.

I can understand how, since the CBR 1000 has had the current tri-colour scheme available since 2008, one would think that the baby CBR was aping it. However, seeing as it is simply a continuation of the scheme offered on the first VFR750, in actuality the CBR is aping the bike that Honda has stated was the inspiration for their design of the CBR 150/250.

Of course there may have been previous Honda race bikes that actually started the trend, but as far as I know the VFR was their first commercial bike to offer a spreading tri-colour paint job.

1986-VFR750-Ad.jpg

Dave, they've copied the red, black and tri-color colour schemes of the CBR1000. And they've called it a CBR250. But they're not trying to make it look like a CBR? OK...

Of course it doesn't have the same frame, swingarm, forks, shock etc.

Or same style (or even the same number) of headlights... rear light... rear fairing... side fairing... front fairing... windshield... pillion seat... pillion grips... mudguard... mirrors... indicators...

The only styling that they seem to share is that they both have two wheels. :D

How you imagine the CBR250R is styled to look like this:

honda+fireblade+cbr1000rr+..jpg

only Buddha knows. :D

Edited by siampreggers

Dave, they've copied the red, black and tri-color colour schemes of the CBR1000. And they've called it a CBR250. But they're not trying to make it look like a CBR? OK...

Hmmm. A solid red fairing, or a solid black fairing, is copying the colour schemes? If so, than I guess one could say they're trying to make it look like a Ducati 1198...or a BMW R32. After all, if we ignore the actual lines and engines one could make that claim.

In regards to the CBR name...you realise that Honda has a standard set of names, don't you? The "C" was their third line of standard bikes (after "A" and "B") and for whatever reason they never moved to "D" or above. When there are qualifiers it gets more interesting. The "B" part is intended for "sporty" bikes. Since the CBR is more sporty than the other 250s that Honda offers that makes sense. Finally the "R" is the intended for the racing variant. As the CBR 250 is the most race worthy bike in Honda's lineup at that displacement (and less we forget also acquits itself well in races against the competition) that makes sense. Obviously the VR designation can not be used as the engine is not a V. And the VR"F" where the "F" is considered the designation for a four cylinder can not be used.

Firefox 15.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS: Gigantic pictures, unscaled. But whatever, as long as the pictures aren't scaled on severside it would be nice to scale them before uploading. Also good for reducing the filesize. Thanks.

To be honest, both bikes, Ninja250 2013 and CBR250R are looking like bigbike wannabes. This was one reason for me to buy the Tiger Boxer 250. The Boxer looks like a honest 250cc. Sadly none of the big manufacturers are selling such nice naked bikes in LOS.

The currently sold Ninjette looks nicer than the 2013 model imo, or more "honest" to be precise.

Edited by wantan

Hmmm. A solid red fairing, or a solid black fairing, is copying the colour schemes? If so, than I guess one could say they're trying to make it look like a Ducati 1198...or a BMW R32. After all, if we ignore the actual lines and engines one could make that claim.

In regards to the CBR name...you realise that Honda has a standard set of names, don't you? The "C" was their third line of standard bikes (after "A" and "B") and for whatever reason they never moved to "D" or above. When there are qualifiers it gets more interesting. The "B" part is intended for "sporty" bikes. Since the CBR is more sporty than the other 250s that Honda offers that makes sense. Finally the "R" is the intended for the racing variant. As the CBR 250 is the most race worthy bike in Honda's lineup at that displacement (and less we forget also acquits itself well in races against the competition) that makes sense. Obviously the VR designation can not be used as the engine is not a V. And the VR"F" where the "F" is considered the designation for a four cylinder can not be used.

No worries, if you think the colours of the 2013 cbr250 pretty much exactly matching the colours of the cbr1000rr is a coincidence then that's fine. And if you think the name CBR250 doesnt imply its a smaller version of the cbr1000 (in the same way as the cbr400 was and cbr600 is) then thats fine as well. Delusional of course, but fine.

Firefox 15.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS: Gigantic pictures, unscaled. But whatever, as long as the pictures aren't scaled on severside it would be nice to scale them before uploading. Also good for reducing the filesize. Thanks.

To be honest, both bikes, Ninja250 2013 and CBR250R are looking like bigbike wannabes. This was one reason for me to buy the Tiger Boxer 250. The Boxer looks like a honest 250cc. Sadly none of the big manufacturers are selling such nice naked bikes in LOS.

The currently sold Ninjette looks nicer than the 2013 model imo, or more "honest" to be precise.

Exactly, they're obviously both pretenders to the real thing. The idea that the Ninja is a ZX10 pretender for 'posers' while the cbr250 has nothing to do with the cbr1000 - it's actually a mini vfr for 'non posers' is laughable.

Honda Worldwide said in it's introduction that it was based on the design concept of the CBR1000RR AND the VFR1200F, so you're both right. From certain angles it looks like one or the other. In developing countries like India, Thailand etc,. it's classed as a 'sportbike'. In the West it's an economical utility bike.

Honda Worldwide said in it's introduction that it was based on the design concept of the CBR1000RR AND the VFR1200F, so you're both right. From certain angles it looks like one or the other. In developing countries like India, Thailand etc,. it's classed as a 'sportbike'. In the West it's an economical utility bike.

But no matter what the angle, it's still butt ugly crazy.gif

The lost troll has found its way back home from the woods. And it seems very hungry. What perfect moment for Kawasaki to ape Honda and misshape the 2013 Ninjette as a superbike wannabe. Honda has done a better job with a simple color redesign for the CBR250. Never change a winning team biggrin.png

Edited by wantan

The lost troll has found its way back home from the woods. And it seems very hungry. What perfect moment for Kawasaki to ape Honda and misshape the 2013 Ninjette as a superbike wannabe. Honda has done a better job with a simple color redesign for the CBR250. Never change a winning team biggrin.png

Look in the mirror lately ya hypocrite? kettlepot.gif

I wasn't lost btw, but was off on a fantastic 2 month, 9 state, 6500 mile tour of the US with my son-

531417_10151954553335710_1670393003_n.jpg

Wonder if we'll ever see a trip report or a constructive post out of you on this forum?

I don't own a CB'r' or a Ninjette, but I call em like I see em.

The new Ninjette only serves to highlight the CB'r's cheap and uninspired design.

The CB'r' is only a year old and already looks dated.

It's a real shame Honda didn't use the VTR250 as a platform for a new 250cc sportbike. Great little engine, that V-twin!honda_vtr250.jpg

At least the VTR250 could give the Ninjette a run for the money.

Edited by BigBikeBKK

jesus...... stop the my kawasaki is better than your honda shit. it was boring a year ago and its really <snipping!> boring now....both good bikes.. both shadows of sport bikes or sport tourers..ummmm why.. because its 2012 and they are 250's.

moving on......................

Edited by metisdead
: Profanity

jesus...... stop the my kawasaki is better than your honda shit. it was boring a year ago and its really <snipping!> boring now....both good bikes.. both shadows of sport bikes or sport tourers..ummmm why.. because its 2012 and they are 250's.

moving on......................

I'm pretty sure if the mods got rid of the paid Honda spammer (hehehoho, siampreggers and his other multiple usernames) then it would all disappear pretty quickly.

^ The delusions are strong in this one. biggrin.png

Anyway, I think it's great that in the third year of their first gen bike not one part needs to be modified, adjusted or changed...

Goes to show how well built and produced the Honda CBR250R is. smile.png

Edited by siampreggers

Anyway, I think it's great that in the third year of their first gen bike not one part needs to be modified, adjusted or changed...

Jeez I meant you as well. Get a bloody life. Yes the Honda cbr250 is a great bike for those that bought it ( myself included) and the Kawasaki ninja 250 is a great bike for those that bought that. So lets just get to talking about the bikes and accessories etc..... PLEASSSSSSE

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Hehehoho, that's a good laugh considering the 74 pages of complaints on one forum alone about the still unsolved stall problem that has plagued the CB'r' 250 from the very beginning. Google "My CBR250's engine turns off when Downshifting!!! " 74 pages and counting! Still NO solution from Honda.

And that's just one problem of many. Google "CBR250 Problems and Issues " if you'd like to read over 300 other threads all devoted to the many problems that plague Honda's new CB'r' 250.

Now don't get me wrong- there is no perfect bike.

I just take exception with spammer like siampreggers / Hehehoho and his dozens of other banned accounts posting outright falsehoods.

Lots of people tout the fuel injection on the new Honda CB'r' as an advantage over the carb'd (in the US) Ninjette, so why are so many people reporting that their fuel injected CB'r' is hard to start or stalls all the time?

Honest question, by the way- I'm really curious to know WHY this keeps happening. As far as I can tell Honda still hasn't figured out the CAUSE of the problem. Stalling on a cold start could be as simple as adjusting the idle up a bit.

It's one thing for a bike to be difficult to start or stall on start up- it's annoying, but not dangerous.

But having a bike that stalls while you're riding it on the road is downright dangerous.

Hopefully Honda can figure out and fix the problem soon!

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Lots of people tout the fuel injection on the new Honda CB'r' as an advantage over the carb'd (in the US) Ninjette, so why are so many people reporting that their fuel injected CB'r' is hard to start or stalls all the time?

Really? I've only seen a few people from America mention it.

Of course they could be spammers. sad.png

How many is 'so many people'... five..six... three?

posting outright falsehoods.

Hmmmm...

Well I found Honda not having to adjust or modify anything in the third year of their first gen bike interesting and a sign of how well produced it is. I think most would agree, given it is the time that the manufacturer is going to be going over everything to seeing if there's anything that needs altering.

I suppose spammers might have a different view though.

Edited by siampreggers

Really? I've only seen a few people from America mention it.

Of course they could be spammers. sad.png

How many is 'so many people'... five..six... three?

posting outright falsehoods.

Hmmmm...

Well I found Honda not having to adjust or modify anything in the third year of their first gen bike interesting and a sign of how well produced it is. I think most would agree, given it is the time that the manufacturer is going to be going over everything to seeing if there's anything that needs altering.

I suppose spammers might have a different view though.

You think those videos are posted by spammers?

The reason Honda haven't changed anything is they can't find the fault. Must be painful being slapped in the face with a dose of reality. It seems that even the CBR250 diehards are getting tired of your constant lies and half truths - this used to be a good informative thread.

Hopefully Honda can figure out and fix the problem soon!

LOL, no problem so nothing to fix. You are the only one here complaining about bad Honda quality. And you don't even own one whistling.gif

If you click the triangle on the link above, it plays a video. Maybe you should watch it before you post any more nonsense.

The reason Honda haven't changed anything is they can't find the fault. Must be painful being slapped in the face with a dose of reality.

Jeez, I've a CBR250R with 40,000km+ and it has never stalled once.

What do you think is wrong with it J?

The dose of reality that it's actually broken is pretty painful alright.

I look forward to your diagnosis as to why it hasn't stalled in 40k km.

It seems that even the CBR250 diehards are getting tired of your constant lies and half truths.

Lies and half-truths? You seem a bit worked up.

Were you passed in the twisties today or something?

AN8E2493.jpg

Edited by siampreggers

Wasting time with telling other people that their bikes are faulty.

Mine obviously is... It hasn't stalled once in 40,000 km+. blink.png

What do you think the diagnosis is lads? It's quite worrying knowing that this shouldn't be.

Well. Mine did twice. (Within seconds of each other) the mileage was very low. Engine tight and I was going slowly. Its never happened again. I think if it happens. It only happens on tight engines. I dont know why. I put it down to bad fuel. Do they have bad fuel in the US?

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Wasting time with telling other people that their bikes are faulty.

Mine obviously is... It hasn't stalled once in 40,000 km+. blink.png

What do you think the diagnosis is lads? It's quite worrying knowing that this shouldn't be.

The CBR 150 Fi also has the same intermitten problem.

Car audio amplifiers have similar issues when they are new, the protection circuitry is activated by a thermistor below the set value, often times the thermistors require burn in before they achieve the correct values to operate. Fuel injection can operate as pulse width or pulse voltage modulation so they are not terribly different from power supplies within amplifiers.

Chances are there are good batches and bad batches, but they all get burned in eventually.

Edited by KRS1

Have to say my crf 250 has done this a few times never on the road though only off road after I have ripped the throottle open in first then as you pill clutch in and come of throttle to come to a stop it cuts out

There is no way I'd be able to film it cause it has probably only happened 3 or 4 times in 2500 km,it is not something I would claim is a problem to Honda though it seems as though the bike is expecting you to change into 2 nd and get on the throttle again and when you don't it cuts out.as said I own the bike and I personally don't think it's a problem even worth mentioning