La Sabrosa Sabrosura

bazmlb

La Sabrosa Sabrosura an excellent band from Mexico which is touring in south east Asia, will perform for 2 days at Zoe in yellow for their soft opening of Zoe in yellow's Garden!!

The style of the group is CUMBIABOMBA, which is a mix of Latin, cumbia (Colombian-Mexican rhythm) , salsa, funk and reggae.

Very energetic and sexy Claudia (vocals) and very talented Mariano (voice and guitar) are leading this unique band!

Zoe in yellow will be offering you free drinks until 10.00pm (buy one cocktail get one free) and with the first purchase of a drink a free shot of tequila until 10.30!!

come and celebrate their soft opening and enjoy this rare musicians from Mexico!!

Starts

Tomorrow (Thrusday 14th) at 9:00pm - Saturday at 1:00am

The Venue is Located In Soi Ratvithi in the Rasta bar area which is well known by the local tuk tuk drivers, from the SCB bank on the corner of the moat head towards the inner city and its on the right before the first set of traffic lights at Ratvithi Soi 2.

More info here

They just played for two days at Guitarman.....

Very boring group/music.

Strange all my friends who went to see them play at Guitarman said they were really good. But music is like wine, we dont all like the same luckily.

Saw 'em at Guitarman last week. Good gig ! I can say that after awhile the music is repetitive, but isn't most music (in many senses) when you listen for an hour to the same act ? This group definitely plays a modern kind of Latin funk that gets the crowd - read 'all the lovely ladies' - up n dancing. A good scene if you're a guy who can cut it n just join in. I'm just plain excited about a slice of culture and a different act in town, plus the excuse to get out n meet up with some friends.

Plus it's gonna be nice to see the new Zoe across from Zoe location. And looking forward to that free tequila shot. It should be another good night of entertainment and a nice mix of a crowd. Guitarman was pretty packed last week!

Saw 'em at Guitarman last week. Good gig ! I can say that after awhile the music is repetitive, but isn't most music (in many senses) when you listen for an hour to the same act ? This group definitely plays a modern kind of Latin funk that gets the crowd - read 'all the lovely ladies' - up n dancing. A good scene if you're a guy who can cut it n just join in. I'm just plain excited about a slice of culture and a different act in town, plus the excuse to get out n meet up with some friends.

Plus it's gonna be nice to see the new Zoe across from Zoe location. And looking forward to that free tequila shot. It should be another good night of entertainment and a nice mix of a crowd. Guitarman was pretty packed last week!

I will like to hear what you think of the new setup they have, I heard its going to be really nice.

Yeah, it's gonna be nice to see the new set-up, have a my drink n chacer, and then to see a bunch of folks from around CM. Zoe used to have a better mix of locals and visitors, but since they went more commercial and disco at night - which they've been successful at, so hats off to them - alot more locals only frequent them in the earlier hours and/ or would go for the Turkish n Greek food buffets. Hopefully tonight we'll see some areas where locals can chill, mix and catch up. From FB now I see that Claudia (the lady singer)has some CM ties and maybe used to live here or passed thru here at one time recently. Gonna have to ask her about that after the show - they totally like to hang out and talk to people. Very friendly band, talked to 'em all last week for a bit.

zoe in yellow directions.

coming from thapae gate turn left at siam commerciial bank on the corner of ratwithi road .

go past the un irish and about 50 yards before the traffic lights turn right into the old rasta area

look for the red brick road .... your there !

enjoy .... dave2

KLast night was a great show, great music, great people, and my favorite mojitos ! The new revamped Zoe plus the second side, together with the brick road they've put in elevates this venue and area to a new level. In these hard times it's nice ot see a place doing well and charging ahead doing things right.

And as to my speculation about places to hang n be mellow, there's plenty of that in the new Zoe II area out back and even on the sides. Just a really happening venue. I'll liekly be back tonight to enjoy the second Sabrosa cumbia show.

Surprise... the Sabrosa Sabrosura are playing for a 3rd night in a row ! Didn't know till just a little while ago....

I hear Zoe is gonna become a TV sponsor soon, so that's cool, but I[m thinking it's time for a thread, not embedded up top where people don't look often enough... maybe a pinned 'Happening Today' thread where all community announcements could be made. I'll PM an admin or two about this thought. Many things going on of concern or interest to the local population and ti wold be nice if it was conveniently available in easy view of everybody.

And BAZLMB I notice you pug the Doner Kabobs... yes, very good, garlic-ky, and some juice running down the hand when you have one there. The Indian fellas who are rt there by the square in the back of New Zoe, their stuff is mighty tasty n good value too.

Surprise... the Sabrosa Sabrosura are playing for a 3rd night in a row ! Didn't know till just a little while ago....

I hear Zoe is gonna become a TV sponsor soon, so that's cool, but I[m thinking it's time for a thread, not embedded up top where people don't look often enough... maybe a pinned 'Happening Today' thread where all community announcements could be made. I'll PM an admin or two about this thought. Many things going on of concern or interest to the local population and ti wold be nice if it was conveniently available in easy view of everybody.

And BAZLMB I notice you pug the Doner Kabobs... yes, very good, garlic-ky, and some juice running down the hand when you have one there. The Indian fellas who are rt there by the square in the back of New Zoe, their stuff is mighty tasty n good value too.

Well I haven't had one as good as that since my last visit back home to Melbourne, they are good, can't wait for the Souvlakis to go on the menu.

Hmm the ones from the Indian guys next door are nice, but they just aren't the same.

Yes, they are starting as a advertiser, now that the soft opening is out of the way, they have got the time to get graphics sorted out for the website to get ready for the Grand opening, so this topic really is a soft start to their advertising.

zoe in yellow directions.

coming from thapae gate turn left at siam commerciial bank on the corner of ratwithi road .

go past the un irish and about 50 yards before the traffic lights turn right into the old rasta area

look for the red brick road .... your there !

enjoy .... dave2

Great post dave2

realthaideal.

re ... The Indian fellas who are rt there by the square in the back of New Zoe, their stuff is mighty tasty n good value too.

you mean the royal india ..... 25 yards from zoes yes ?

dave2

Its another shop, as you walk out the back of the garden into where the Zoe lounge area is being built, its just on the left.