Where To Go For A Week In Thailand

CMExpat79

I am looking for somewhere to take a holiday in Thailand for about a week next year - probs fem/march time

I live in Chiang Mai, and am craving somewhere with white sandy beaches, clear water where I can kick back and relax for a week.

I will be going with my partner (we r both Brits) not that that means anything (and in our late 20's) lol and we want somewhere to stay with typical holiday features - ie standard room, nice view, with pool, near the beach and with a few bars nearby for nigh-time.....we are not really into heavy clubbing etc

I have looked at Krabi, but not sure which exact areas etc are best. I'm open to any suggestions of places so doesnt have to be Krabi...however I spent 2 years in Phuket so that is off my list straight away :)

oh...my budget for accommodation is around 1000 to 1500 a night...less of course is great.

Thanks in advance for any ideas :)

Go to Koh Phangan for the Full Moon Party.It's A blast.I went about A year ago,pm me i'll turn ya on to a 500 baht a day hotel,airconditioning ,right on the beach.

OK for some, but the OP has said he is not really into clubbing so do you think this is what he's looking for?

I'd suggest either Karon or Kata Beach on Phuket. Reasons are ease of access and gorgeous beaches. You can take a direct flight by Air Asia from Chiang Mai to Phuket after which a taxi will only set you back around 500-600 Baht if you use Taxi-Meter (turn right as you exit the airport and it's the yellow kiosk at the end of the pavement).

There's an abundance of reasonably priced hotels there too. See Kata and Karon Hotels

You can even book a hotel+flight with AirAsia-Go

I'm on the bus at this moment to BKK

Then Trang and Koh Libong for a beach hut holiday

Flights on Nok air

bkk to Trang 1,700bht

Trang to BKK 1,700bht

Bkk to CNX 1700bht

x2 inc insurance

Visiting rellys on the way to Bkk so coach trips for that part.

If it's no good I will get a ferry to Koh phi phi