Toyota

DD13

Hi Folks

I have just picked up my "new" Vigo last night from a Pattaya Toyota dealership........I specified the leather seat option......when I had a closer inspection this morning.......guess what?? leatherette

and

Has anyone experienced the same????

Also what to do about it

I questioned that on the "Paul Tan" Malaysia web site ... there had been a new upgraded model introduced on the 7 th Oct.... after half an hour of them denying any knowledge of its' existence ....they reluctantly allowed me to show them on their computer)........I was then told that the Malayasia models are different to Thailand .............could that be true?????

I await, and will be grateful for your more knowledgable comments

Derek

Did you reject the truck? if not, I suspect you have been well and truely turned over, Derek.

I noticed this Faux Leather in my early months in Thailand. I think its because it handles the heat better. Doesn't dry out and crack. But if you asked for leather you should have got it.

My friends had leather in his Fortuner. It felt quite unlike any other fortuner I had been in with the faux leather. Jolly nice actually. I suspect you'll have a devil of a job getting them to change it so get used to the concept of paying more for less.

With cars in Thailand, its all but unavoidable. Not just with cars, but I don't think you are ready for more bad news... :unsure:

I ordered OR requested leather in LOS and got cloth but to be honest the cloth is never hot when getting in a baked motor so now l would not have leather even in a new ride.

BUT, for you, your PLASTIC seats will be a bum burner. :huh:

My car has leather, not to bad tbh when the aircon is turned on, but the one time I had an issue with the ac I regretted the leather

I ordered OR requested leather in LOS and got cloth but to be honest the cloth is never hot when getting in a baked motor so now l would not have leather even in a new ride.

BUT, for you, your PLASTIC seats will be a bum burner. :huh:

My car has leather, not to bad tbh when the aircon is turned on, but the one time I had an issue with the ac I regretted the leather

My main point was when you get in a hot car the leather is hot to sit on, aircon comes on after your bum is smarting. :D

well I counter that by wearing clothes when i get in my car :D

I tend to burn myself on the seatbelt buckle

Yes, seatbelt buckles hot, leather warm but I have never got burnt on it, or to uncomfortable.

My Vigo has real leather, never seen fake leather, not in Malaysia either.

The Vigo's in Malaysia look the same but the markings are a little different, ie: the side markings on the side of the box, and the 3 litres are rare, mostly they are 2.5's with 4 wheel drive.

My sister in Law bought a new Jazz and had put in leather seat covers as an extra, I asked how much and she said really cheap, only 3,500 baht! :blink:

I told her it will not be real leather and when she picked the car up I was right but she still thinks it is real leather. so at least she is happy. :)

I thought that you bought it in Thailand and that Vigos are built in Thailand, am I wrong? where does Malaysia come into the picture?

My pal in UK sent me the web site ( after I told him that I was buying a Vigo)........ so I looked it up, (Paul Tan Malaysia) and sure enough ....there it had a "launch" report...

I too thought that they were manufactured here...........but I am starting to discover that "lots of things" here are not what they are suggested to be

But having said that..........it's better than a lot of places

Did you reject the truck? if not, I suspect you have been well and truely turned over, Derek.

I noticed this Faux Leather in my early months in Thailand. I think its because it handles the heat better. Doesn't dry out and crack. But if you asked for leather you should have got it.

My friends had leather in his Fortuner. It felt quite unlike any other fortuner I had been in with the faux leather. Jolly nice actually. I suspect you'll have a devil of a job getting them to change it so get used to the concept of paying more for less.

With cars in Thailand, its all but unavoidable. Not just with cars, but I don't think you are ready for more bad news... :unsure:

No I haven't spoken to them yet......but as you say, it will probably be a waste of time........apart from that, the vehicle seems OK

I have been driving a Jeep the UK for the past 3 years........so I guess that I am bound to notice the difference

OP. How much did you pay for "the leather seat option"?

I didn't pay, or offer to pay any extra......I used the request to "upgrade" to leather as a "bargaining chip" to seal the deal (as I was looking at Isuzus' also)

which they agreed to.....along with other standard "add ons"

However I have just been told by a friend that his Vigo came with a tow-wire, a torch and a set of jump leads etc.................So I rang Toyota.....guess what???? I can have that as an extra for 1000 baht

963,000 baht and they cannot run to that.....

.none of this bodes well for the future

You show a very healthy attitude, I must say!

I think you'll soon agree that custmoer service here OFTEN varies considerably from what you will be used to.

When my friend upgraded his fortuner to leather I think it was around 100k for real leather. So I doubt they would have "GIVEN" you that in negotiations. not unless you'd agreed to take 50,000 for your 2006 CRV in part exchange. And I don't think you are that silly, so...

When you go back to the dealers, be sure to point out that its polite to get kissed before you get Fcuked. :annoyed:

You show a very healthy attitude, I must say!

I think you'll soon agree that custmoer service here OFTEN varies considerably from what you will be used to.

When my friend upgraded his fortuner to leather I think it was around 100k for real leather. So I doubt they would have "GIVEN" you that in negotiations. not unless you'd agreed to take 50,000 for your 2006 CRV in part exchange. And I don't think you are that silly, so...

When you go back to the dealers, be sure to point out that its polite to get kissed before you get Fcuked. :annoyed:

A Big Thank you to all for their responses.........................It has occured to me that with all the "Buffalos" that have died in the Thai fields, there should be an abundance of leather

However I will report back should I get a "result" at the dealers............................but I fear that it will read Toyota 1- Derek 0

I have just picked up my "new" Vigo last night from a Pattaya Toyota dealership........I specified the leather seat option......when I had a closer inspection this morning.......guess what?? leatherette

If you've signed for the truck and you've driven it out the showroom then get used to your new seats.

They've got your money, you've got your truck.

It's game over.