Ais

jayjay0

I was away for a month and a half. Got back in late September. I renewed my AIS internet and it has improved quite a bit. Is this just my area Night Bazaar or has AIS upgraded there service?

Thinking of getting the 3G stick unlimited use any experience with it. Feed back greatly appreciated. At present I pay 700+ tax for a month unlimited.

Edited by jayjay0

I'm on AIS 3G "stick" I'm in Doi Saket and I do think that AIS has improved somewhat, probably the loss of farangs:lol: When in CM I'm on 3G and when I travel I'm on edge at 236mb. I'm on an original plane that AIS does not offer any more but continues to honor. 30GB for 1500 bat per month.

991031120.png

I'm on AIS 3G "stick" I'm in Doi Saket and I do think that AIS has improved somewhat, probably the loss of farangs:lol: When in CM I'm on 3G and when I travel I'm on edge at 236mb. I'm on an original plane that AIS does not offer any more but continues to honor. 30GB for 1500 bat per month.

991031120.png

Hi,

Couldnt help see your statement "AIS honour 30gb for 1500 baht a month."

I am not surprised AIS honour that, as I pay 854 bhat for the 30gb.

Billing Cycle

Total Current Charge

*Total Outstanding Balance

(including previous balance)

Current Due Date

01/03/10 - 31/03/10

26/04/10

I wish they did an unlimited option as I got stung 2000 baht Aug for going over my 30gb. No warning, you have exceeded your limit.

Any way just thought you should go and see them and ask them to honour the 854 baht per month..whistling.gif

Boney

991031120.png

Hi,

Billing Cycle

Total Current Charge

Current Due Date

01/03/10 - 31/03/10

26/04/10

I wish they did an unlimited option as I got stung 2000 baht Aug for going over my 30gb. No warning, you have exceeded your limit.

Any way just thought you should go and see them and ask them to honour the 854 baht per month..whistling.gif

Boney

I have an AIS 3G wireless router and I pay 650 baht for unlimited use . The router cost me 3900 baht....so I do not know what you gentlemen are paying for. So I am unable to compare my router against your "stick"...is that some sort of aircard?>

Regards

991031120.png

Hi,

Billing Cycle

Total Current Charge

Current Due Date

01/03/10 - 31/03/10

26/04/10

Boney

I have an AIS 3G wireless router and I pay 650 baht for unlimited use . The router cost me 3900 baht....so I do not know what you gentlemen are paying for. So I am unable to compare my router against your "stick"...is that some sort of aircard?>

Regards

Aircard. i do not need a extension card. 1000.:lol:

991031120.png

Hi,

Billing Cycle

Total Current Charge

Current Due Date

01/03/10 - 31/03/10

26/04/10

Boney

Regards

Thanks for the info raindancer,

I will be looking at that as I have the wifi router not the stick.

seems there is no consistency as always, with anything within Thailand. But still love the place.

Same here I been coming and going between Li (150km away from CMai) and CMai + BKK all 2009-10. I have noticed a HUGE boost in speed on a standard USB mobile stick connected to my notebook. It turns a different color in the city being BLUE instead of green- what is this? Different and faster techo- as when blue it x10 quicker than the countryside.

Is it also true that Super 3G cannot connect at all in the countryside, whilst standard one can- even though it very slow???

I simply use a standard USB 2G I guess, as it not the Super 3G.

It like a dream to come into the city and see the speeds go from 56Kb in countryside to 500Kb down- playing live movies from Commonwealth Games, etc. What took an hour in the countryside takes a couple of min in the city. Simply purchase unlimited usage for 650bt pm.

I think the confusion in pricing is different techo- the slower (Mine) is mobile 2G- the faster is Super 3G.

Ultimately it has made me think that I will stick with this mobile as opposed to upgrade to Super 3G for a greater cost. Then TRUE in the home for work and play, which gets 14Mb down + 1Mb Up i am told on another thread.

On the move I doubt i need the Super 3G when i getting good enough throughput with the Standard AIS. Will simply drop the plan down to 50hrs pm when hook up true- as will no longer need unlimited on Mobile.

I have another AIS Simm on my Palm pilot mobile phone. What is the best plan to access internet and make calls on AIS??? As it handy for emails, placing stock trades, etc when out and about as opposed to pulling out the Laptop all the time.

Thanks Guys- some handy info lately.

:jap:

991031120.png

That seems a bit crazy. I am on a True iPhone plan with 3G all over Chiang Mai plus some areas in BKK and Samui for 599 / month. Speeds depend on location but it's up to 5Mbit in some areas in CM. True enables tethering too so all I have to do is connect my iPhone to my laptop and I'm online. Actually that's why I use it over CAT CDMA (my backup): I connect the iPhone, and it's online within seconds. Don't have to push any buttons, or start any programs, or do anything - it just connects. Quickly.

True plan is unlimited, though I am pretty sure that if I downloaded more than 30GB / month I'd exceed the fair use limit. Not sure if True enforces it but wouldn't be surprised.

Edited by nikster