Uk Visitor Visa

I know i wont know until my wife goes, but she applied for a uk family visitor visa last friday and this friday got the sms saying she could come pick the passport up.

Admitedly no one probably knows conclusivly but is it normally a good or bad sign for it to be done quick or is it all dependent on their work load? obviously i dont asmume anyone will know for sure, but i have to wait the whole weekend. Wife was excited and ive had to play it down in case things dont go as planed. Just any little gem of knowledge might help ease the wait.

A quick, or otherwise, turnover has no bearing upon the result of the application. It is mainly, as you say, down to the workload. The fewer of a particular type of application they have, the quicker applications in that category will be processed.

Of course, some applications may take longer to process than others if further enquiries have to be made or an interview is required.

Also, a quick turnover in one category does not mean applications in another will be as quick.

Last Friday - 08/10/10? We applied at the same day. May I ask you what time your wife dropped off her application ?

yes we applied on 08/10/10. i did not go but if i remember correct she had a early appointment. think was round when it just opened. and yeh we got the sms today about midday.

hope that helps u in any way