Flooding

krading

Back in Oz at the moment and just got a call from the missus saying the village is under water, about 300 ml in her place and a meter in the neighbors. Luckily years ago we raised the floor level and put in drainage pipes but today it's worst it's been in years.

Anyone else around Pak Chong having problems?

Hi mate my village ( fi mon ) is under water big problems, luckly my house has'nt been damaged because the house is raised but most of the houses in the village have major water damage. Water has destroyed all the locals crops as well and obviously everyone is upset. Hope everything is ok where your missus lives. Cheers.

Wife just got of the phone with her mom in Kap Choeng. Main thing is the crops are OK, but the road and levee around a portion of the field has been washed out. This has happened two out of the past three years.:annoyed:

Edited by gotlost

Still raining and predicting more rain for the next 4 or 5 days.

The missus has got in sand bags and a pump so the house is relatively dry but crowded as all the surrounding family members have moved in.

Government men have been around handing out drinking water and rice.

Yar says it's the worst flood she's seen. (and she's bloody ancient.) :lol:

Hope someone checks up on my frogs tomorrow. :(

Fantastic link. Thank you.

I drove to Roi Et yesterday and back to Bangkok today. The main road is acting like a dam, with the water levels on the Bangkok bound side much higher than the other. Driving a sedan, the undercarriage got a nice rinse, but the road was open both ways. There were a couple spots where only the shallowest lane was open (at least for sedans). Normally a six hour drive, but nine yesterday. One short section of the Bangkok-bound traffic was rerouted past a fairly submerged village. fyi.

I've just been informed by one of my neighbors that the bypass road from JOHO to town is closed due to flooding, and that the Mittraphap Road leading from the JOHO Junction to Korat mueang is also closed. Police at the JOHO Junction are directing cars to U Turn, and go home.

Barry

Seem to be quite a lot of places affected.

The Thai press is reporting that the Pasak river, which passes through Loie, Petchabun, Lopburi, Saburi and Auyuthaya before reaching the Jao Phraya river, is at its highest level in 30 years. People with homes on the river bank at Saburi and Lopburi had their homes flooded.

In Aranyaprathet, Sa Kaew, the water level's reported as being at its highest level for more than 10 years.

Hey Barry,

how is the new house? still dry I hope!

Rjabpat road, closed, Big C road, closed. Bypass open. I went down it and am on the other side as I type this. We went down it at 3pm and by the court building its pretty bad. there was a fuel truck in its side in the middle. water is flowing fast and eddying. plenty of "cars" turned back but trucks were making it through. We were in a Pajero sport 4wd and it was a none event. I wouldn't have liked to have tried in a Yaris though!

Joho has been hit pretty bad although my house was fine when I left it. Another 20cm around my soi and I would have to think about a couple of new mops, I guess. Main problem is my car is at a friends house in Padok. car is fine as its a tall 4x4 but, the home is only accessable by boat or army wagon! Lucky I have a fairy godmother who gave me shelter and the keys to a Dmax to get around.

Hope that threat of cutting the power and water off in choho hasn't inconvenience you folks there too much. I guess they were worried about them opening the flood gates again tonight on at least one if the dams. Perhaps both!

Looking forward to what tommorow brings!

Hello All, here's som pic's of some of the flooding in Korat, some on

the other site(E.) of town.

From IT Plaza, Big C, behind The Mall Korat and from the area out to

the left side after you cross the RR overpass on 224 going to the

224-226 Y.(Hwy. 224 Chok Chai, Hwy. 226 Korat airport)

Some pic's start a few hundred meters from where I live off 226, the

flooding on 226 was from the dark green line on on the map .jpg of

the new road(to be built) from Cho Ha over to Hwy. 224.

The jpg(#154953) before the map jpg, the new road goes through

the field on the L/H side of this on hwy.226.

Some day after pictures of the E.side flooding.

rice555

post-37242-025253000 1287509496_thumb.jp

post-37242-003390100 1287509582_thumb.jp

post-37242-067464500 1287509703_thumb.jp

post-37242-096726200 1287509815_thumb.jp

post-37242-014007000 1287509868_thumb.jp

post-37242-098734600 1287509923_thumb.jp

post-37242-050417300 1287509961_thumb.jp

post-37242-030245200 1287510033_thumb.jp

post-37242-062455200 1287510089_thumb.jp

post-37242-064807300 1287510230_thumb.jp

post-37242-021609300 1287510269_thumb.jp

post-37242-012848700 1287510366_thumb.jp

post-37242-058110100 1287510418_thumb.jp

post-37242-040494700 1287510502_thumb.jp

post-37242-054607200 1287510548_thumb.jp

post-37242-098238200 1287510615_thumb.jp

post-37242-049843300 1287510667_thumb.jp

post-37242-070075800 1287510715_thumb.jp

post-37242-083070900 1287510786_thumb.jp

post-37242-098175000 1287510819_thumb.jp

I was at my farm in Pak Chong last Friday to Sunday and had really bad flooding Friday night, but the house was built on high ground so we were ok. Mitraphap Road near Pak Chong was badly flooded as were many of the small roads on the way to the farm. It took us 4.5 hours to get there from BKK (normally 3).

Does anyone know if Mitraphap is still flooding in Pak Chong or around Kaeng Khoi?

Thanks!

I've got to drive to Bangkok tomorrow. How's Mittraparp Highway looking from Korat onwards?

Cheers.

If you go, please update us on the flood status after you arrive!

muu baan khok soon close to soeng saeng korat seems to be with no problems just wet muddy sloggy and hard rains... no real flooding; so says MIL when hubby (with some prompting from me) called mee last nite (3: 00 a.m. her time, so typically thai to pay no attention to time zones); just the usual amounts of water that get built up in the usual places... which surprises me since we have a stream running across the road from MIL''s house. OTOH, our land /future house is in paddy land and directly on that same stream, and it is of course under water and ... fish are jumping.....etc.

dont remember the road number going past the muu baan...

bina

friend of mine took the bus to the capital on monday. its passable. dam opens in an hour. i confess i'm more than a little curious to see how my home is affected. so far been blessed. i plan to go check tomorrow. maybe help out again.

jo ho bypass passable with care. south bound short delay. thirty minutes. please drive slowly and turn off your air con.

Why turn off your air con? Does your car overheat in traffic?? I just drove by pass with my air con on, no problem.

your air con has fans in the radiator. if the water is deep and splashes up when they are going, they'll break. also reduces load on belts which slip when wet.

Thanks but i have a clutch fan that is attached to my water pump.

your air con has fans in the radiator. if the water is deep and splashes up when they are going, they'll break. also reduces load on belts which slip when wet.

Thanks but i have a clutch fan that is attached to my water pump.

Mine too. But I have auxhillary fans just to cool the air con radiators which are in front of the car's cooling rad for the engine. These are linked only to the AIr con and are electric clutchless fans. When they try and turn in water it's not pretty. But as they say in the bars. Up to you!

took that route up from big c. hairy but passable in a hi cab.

Just came down the bypass south bound. Its a breeze now. Water flows fast but the delay is about 5 minutes now. Northbound looks considerably worse but the queue to get up it was not long so that seems promising. I wouldn't do it at night. The sandbags in the pot holes help, but a night passage would be for emergencies only.

The Big C road is passable yes, but given the choice, I'd go bypass every time. THey have cut out parts of the central reservation to let the water flow more freely which is helping, of course. The road surface is paying a price for all this water, but its no worse than the bypass. better, arguably.