Tantrarak School Soi Jume

basjke

I'm the caretaker for a half thai/farang boy who I send now to Reps which is a bilingual school in Banchang,about which I'm quite satisfied,but would prefer to have him closer to home if possible.

The boy is currently in Primary 1.

I have been advised that Tantrarak school near carrefour in soi Jume,or is it called soi ss or soi apple,is a good school.

The school fee supposed to be 38.000 Baht per semester for kindergarten so at that price I would expect it to be at least half decent.Is there anyone on this forum that can give me some more info regarding this particular school?

Will Tantarak school be comparable with Reps?Do they have an English program?What are the personal experiences with this school.

Please do not advise me about Best,sathit or phoenix school as I have those considered already and I will not send him there.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Hello there. In answer to your questions:-

My daughter has been going to that school for almost two years now. She is 5 and a half years old and is in the kintergarten section at the moment. The fees are 18,000 baht a term and there are two terms per year. The school is well run with a number of extra ciricula activities but the level of English taught is pretty basic from my experience. I did approach their English teacher, who is Australian and asked him how much it would cost to give my daughter extra English teaching and I was told 1,400 baht an hour, which I felt was pretty expensive. He did say if I could find some other parents to form a group of say 5 we could share the cost.

You'll find that all the communication done with parents is in Thai, much to my annoyance. I've asked them many times to send out any forms in English and Thai but without success. I have to complete end of term questionaires about how I feel my daughter is progressing but haven't got a clue what they are about until my wife has translated them.

That's my gripe but in the main, I feel the school is a good one. You pay your money and you take your choice, as they say.

Good luck whichever one you make.

We have tried a few schools here in Pattaya for a student at the prathom level (4-6). Tantarak, Aksorn and Satit.

If I'd have to recommend one, it's Tantarak. This is based on the Thai program though, we don't have any experience with the English program at either of these schools.

Not even sure if any but Satit offers an English program out of these three schools.

The English taught at the regular Thai program is very poor, but again, here Tantarak exceeds over the other two schools.

Thanks so far for the info Glanville and MTH,judging on the info you provided I think this school isn't what I'm looking for to enroll the boy.

It also sounds that the info I got of 38.000 baht per semester was wrong and is actually for a academic year.

As Glanville says,if the communication is done solely in Thai it will be impossible for me to understand what is happening since I take care for the boy on my own.

Then even if I should enroll him at the school,he would need extra english classes and at 1400 Baht an hour is a very steep price.

Thanks anyway,you both have saved me a lot of time in research.

Edited by basjke