Condominium Behind Carrefour

lingnoi1977

Does anyone know the area behind Carrefour well with respect to condo prices, rental prices, occupancy, farang ownership etc?

The specific area is behing Carrefour and Index, near Khum Paya Resort and I.S. curtains.

There are a number of condos in the area including "Jigsaw' and some new developments on the way.

I have begun to research the area myself but if anyone ha a heads up, I would appreciate some knowledge specifically relating to the above.

Cheers,

Lingnoi.

Some of the bigger condos in Jigsaw are over 3 million baht. But a great location if you want a decent beer at the german brewery. :D

That whole area in back of Carrefour is busting loose on new shops and restaurants and entertainment venues.

I drove threw the are at noon today, I see the condo in front of the German Brewery 1.49 million. Also the Hillside condos just down from the German Brew are I thank 1.2 to 1.5.

Right. 1.49 mill starting point for a 40 odd square metre studio as opposed to 2.4 mill+ for similar at Peak Gardens/Twin Peaks.

The whole area seems to be pretty active : markets on Friday and Saturday nights, heaps of bars, walking distance to Carrefour, Wichirirat School, 5 minutes from CBD.

Interesting...

Some of the bigger condos in Jigsaw are over 3 million baht. But a great location if you want a decent beer at the german brewery. :D

That whole area in back of Carrefour is busting loose on new shops and restaurants and entertainment venues.

True, mostly the bar area is frequented by Thai teenagers but a good atmosphere and 3 large Leo for 139bht at a lot of places....certainly makes a change from paying town bar prices! The area is pretty dead apart from Fri and Sat evening when the market is on....reckon the area is on the up though!

True, mostly the bar area is frequented by Thai teenagers but a good atmosphere and 3 large Leo for 139bht at a lot of places....certainly makes a change from paying town bar prices! The area is pretty dead apart from Fri and Sat evening when the market is on....reckon the area is on the up though!

Yep agreed! Kind of weird being the only farang in a packed pub. Seems to me the further you go down the end of the dead end soi where all the back to back pubs are, the friendlier the girls are. Might have something to do with the fact that they look slightly seedier and are quieter at that end...

"Seems to me the further you go down the end of the dead end soi where all the back to back pubs are, the friendlier the girls are. Might have something to do with the fact that they look slightly seedier and are quieter at that end..."

Well, if I looked seedier, even slightly, I might be friendlier too.:whistling: But seedier girls who are quieter is a baffling notion.:rolleyes:

But there are some expensive places in that neighbo(u)rhood too, including the resort (forgot the name) and specialty shops - some less pricey than in town.

Edited by CMX

"Seems to me the further you go down the end of the dead end soi where all the back to back pubs are, the friendlier the girls are. Might have something to do with the fact that they look slightly seedier and are quieter at that end..."

Well, if I looked seedier, even slightly, I might be friendlier too.:whistling: But seedier girls who are quieter is a baffling notion.:rolleyes:

But there are some expensive places in that neighbo(u)rhood too, including the resort (forgot the name) and specialty shops - some less pricey than in town.

lol

I think they are friendlier because they are quieter.

You mean Price Khum Paya Resort I think. Very nice place.