How Long Before You Decided To Buy Instead Of Rent

Well unfortunately I do not have the money sitting in the bank..... I don't even have a deposit sitting in the bank..... I'd have to do some hard saving for that, and a bit of creative accounting......

Yes, save hard for that roof over your head. First task for even Robinson Crusoe.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And frankly, given the Thai attitudes about resales, I'd expect to get a better deal on a recently built home, presumably with most of the creature comforts already installed, than on a brand new home with none of them installed. Not to mention avoiding the hassle factor of having to arrange contractors to do all the stuff that, REALLY, should be build into a new house as a new house....not things that the buyer has to do as add-ons....

But then again you will not be adhereing to your wife's wishes of owning a NEW home now would you? I don't think you understand why your wife wants a NEW home instead of previously owned, perhaps you should have this discussion with her to understand exactly why that is.There is a lot to think about when buying a home in Thailand especially when under your wife's name. Don't just consider the investment aspects as first and foremost, a home is a place to live and to leave to your wife and future generations. Personally, I think renting is a huge mistake if one is planning to live here for more than 3 years time.