Apple Authorised Repair Centre In Isaan

irakthai

Does anyone know of an Apple Authorised Repair Centre in Isaan? My wife's laptop, which is still under AppleCare cover, has developed a problem. The local reseller in Udon Thani does not exactly fill me with confidence and I want to get the laptop to an authorised repair centre but would prefer to avoid having to travel to Bangkok.

Irakthai

Yep, they just ship them down to BKK. You can ship it yourself by EMS and save the trip to the reseller. BKK repair centre will EMS it back to you for 100 baht. If it needs any parts, expect a 2-week return time, because they get the parts from Singapore. They put a new motherboard in mine a few months back, no hassles at all.

• 1 year later...

I used the Apple studio store in Central Plaza Khon Kaen to repair my MacBook in January 2012. A memory failure froze the operating system, the macbook would not boot, and I could'nt repair via the install disks. I was charged 1000 baht by the iStudio to have it shipped to Bangkok where it took about two months to fix (during the floods). I was charged 5800 bt in two payments by Com 7 International on Petchburi Road Bangkok. Upon return the machine turned on at the store and had all the appearance of being repaired, however, it failed to boot up a second time and I'm still struggling to get install the OS and get it working. It's proving difficult but I won't bother using Com 7 again. It isn't an authorised Apple repair center and I don't think they have the necessary expertise. The service I received was slow, expensive and ineffective.