Ban Lek/ Nakhon Sawan

nong38

This restaurant is next to the PTT station in Sawan Withi Road, have been using the place for over a year. Last night night we took some guests along, the food is usually pretty good and you can watch the football, We placed a not to difficult order or salads, soup and french fries, the order took an hour to appear in total, the fech fries arrived first after 35 minutes. We complained that 3 other groups had come in after us and recieved their orders, some of which was similar to ours before we had, 3 of our group were Thai. I would., therefore, ask anyone who is reading this and lives in the Nakhon Sawan area who maybe thinking of using the Ban Lek to be aware that you might be now teated like a 2nd class customer and consider if for the immediate future you might give it a wide berth. The price was also a lot more than we had previously been paying and there were items on the bill we never recieved. All in all a very dissappointing evening after a long good run.:angry:

Thanks for that. This is the first time I've heard about some 'anti farlang sentiment' in a restaurant here - which I assume you are talking about. We live out of town but often go to a small restaurant in Kao Lieow by the river. In 4yrs -have never had a bad meal, great food, family run, and couldn't be better. The young owner, was a chef in Bangkok before but now runs this one with his wife, mother and sister.

Interestingly, about a year ago, on the large sign at the entrance to Banpotphisai, someone had written farlangs not welcome, but it soon disappeared. Unfortunately there are a few perpetually drunk farlang in the area who don't pay much attention to Thai customs. I guess thats true everywhere in LOS.

For over a year it did not and we were there the night before with no problems, a mystery, but its their loss and new customers we brought too also have a circle who wont be going back,welcome to thailand indeed and the thai ladies who should have been on ther ball? Already spreading the word to their thai friends.

I have been there, same thing happened to me. food is ok, wait forever for it if the locals turn up, bit like a council house waiting list, keep moving down the queue. Have not been for some time and I would go along with what nong said.

Well San Savoy at the side of Sawan Park is ok, beer and french fries expensive but fish is good. Sy Ping along Kosi Road is also good and unlike san savoy dont charge you go into the Air Con part. Fish is good, beer not expensive and ice cream a bargain. If you look for something inexpensive then along Kosi Road, left side if you are coming out of town and between soi 20 and 14 is a a large blue roofed open building, does not open later than 1930 but good thai food, you wont go hungry and beer not expensive. If you can manage without a beer take the Tak road out of town, turn into the Shell station, at the back in the right hand corner is a good place for chicken,pork, salmon steaks with salad, again does not open late but the steaks are good and I think about 69/79 bts.

Well San Savoy at the side of Sawan Park is ok, beer and french fries expensive but fish is good. Sy Ping along Kosi Road is also good and unlike san savoy dont charge you go into the Air Con part. Fish is good, beer not expensive and ice cream a bargain. If you look for something inexpensive then along Kosi Road, left side if you are coming out of town and between soi 20 and 14 is a a large blue roofed open building, does not open later than 1930 but good thai food, you wont go hungry and beer not expensive. If you can manage without a beer take the Tak road out of town, turn into the Shell station, at the back in the right hand corner is a good place for chicken,pork, salmon steaks with salad, again does not open late but the steaks are good and I think about 69/79 bts.

Thanks for the info Nong38

Sy Ping is about 2 km out of town from the Market around sanvittee 9 and on the river side of the road. I hope you enjoy, drop by some time for a chat yu will find me most days between 8 and 11 in Sawanvitteee 9, just ask where Nong is, Pineapple, somo, yam and oranges. San Savoy usually has football on and often live music, The stairs on the left curve up into the eating area, we are going this weekend so will let you know if things are still ok.