Long Weekend.

ianf

My Mrs has a weekend off from her university, which gives us 4 free days. We have some ideas of where to go, but out of curiosity - if you had 4 days of complete freedom with the Mrs, where would you go?

My wife wants to go to Bangkok (shopping) :realangry:

I wouldn't mind Samui as it is easy to get there I think :ermm:

I would love to visit some Burma refugee camps at Mae Sot (nice long drive) :rolleyes::ermm:

She wouldn't mind Luang Prabang but I'm not sure if the flights fit :blink:

Stay in bed all weekend? ;)

All suggestions welcomed

My Mrs has a weekend off from her university, which gives us 4 free days. We have some ideas of where to go, but out of curiosity - if you had 4 days of complete freedom with the Mrs, where would you go?

end quote

Regarding the above, some very interesting thoughts come to mind....... but probably more information is needed.......Sounds exciting, but to be very frank and not knowing your wife,,,,,,, I must ask,,,,,,,, Would you be going along ?????:D :D

Sorry just had to do it........ say the devil made me do it....:D :jap:

end quote

Regarding the above, some very interesting thoughts come to mind....... but probably more information is needed.......Sounds exciting, but to be very frank and not knowing your wife,,,,,,, I must ask,,,,,,,, Would you be going along ?????:D :D

You may want to ask for a photo before committing yourself :)

Like a few lines from Married with children,

Peg: Aw Al you never take me to the beach.

Al: Whats the point you would only come back!

Edited by garyh

end quote

You may want to ask for a photo before committing yourself :)

Like a few lines from Married with children,

Peg: Aw Al you never take me to the beach.

Al: Whats the point you would only come back!

I thought this fred would produce some interesting replies. bring 'em on!!!! I would have got different replies if I had of asked "................4 days of freedom without the Mrs ........"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ianf

As your own suggestions include shopping, driving, sleeping and flying it doesn't seem likely that walking stands much of a chance but as you welcome "all suggestions" how about this?

http://www.chiangmai-chiangrai.com/doi_inthanon_camping.html

Others may comment on venturing up Doi Inthanon in October/November. You don't have to camp. Stay in a bungalow.

if you had 4 days of complete freedom with the Mrs, where would you go?

Somewhere in the opposite direction. :P

Samui would be good if it weren't for the rainy season... not reliable until Jan. You can go direct, though, with BA.

How about jumping on the night bus and take in Hua Hin? The Mrs can do her shopping thing at the market there (best pad thai in Thailand on the left), while you head east and do... your thing.

AA do direct flights to Phuket. Kata Beach is nice and she can still shop... send her into Phuket Town, Jungecyleon (<deleted> does one spell that) or Central.

Weather gets better at both above in November.

On the Mae Sot idea, you could fly, train (via P.Lok) or drive to Sukothai to check out the ruins, then head west to Tak and then on to the border. If you're driving, complete the loop by heading north to Mae Hong Son, stay at Fern (eco) Resort, and then back through Pai. Bit of a long drive though.

Kunming (south China). Don't they do flights from CM now? As a side trip, Dali (west) is a chilled mountain town.