Three Iranians Arrested At Suvarnabhumi With 1.2 kg Of ‘ice’ Worth US$134,000

webfact

Three Iranians arrested with 1.2 kg of ‘ice’

gallery_327_1086_29355.jpg

BANGKOK, Oct 19 -- Thai Customs Department detained three Iranians trafficking 1.15 kilogrammes of crystal methamphetamine, also known as ‘ice,’ into the kingdom, with an estimated Bt4 million street value (US$134,000) at Suvarnabhumi Airport, Cudtoms director-general Prasong Poontaneat told a press briefing on Tuesday.

The detainees identified as Mehdi Palazikhanyani, 28, Mojtaba Shakerikaribozorg, 25 and Ali Azizi, 25, were apprehended Monday morning at the arrival terminal with 1,155 grammes of ‘ice’ in their stomachs'.

The detention followed customs officers asking ed them to pass through an X-ray scanner where unidentified objects were detected in their stomachs, Mr Prasong reported.

The trio were ordered to a toilet to defecate and officials found 85 packages of 'ice' weighing 560 grammes in Mr Palazikhanyani’s stomach, 41 packages of illicit drug weighing 230 grammes in Mr Shakerikaribozorg’s stomach and 34 packages with total weight of 365 grammes in Mr Azizi’s stomach.

According to the travel records, they all flew from the Iranian capital, Tehran to Thailand by Mahan Air.

The three men were charged with possessing and smuggling the drug into Thailand without legal permission and were sent to the narcotics suppression police for further investigation.

The customs department this month has seized some 8.3 kg of crystal meth and made six ice-related cases, valued at Bt29.2 million (over $978,700). (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-10-19

Again? How many does that make in the past few months. I've lost count... But this time they flew directly from Tehran instead of Syria. Why haven't there been any updates about the previous arrests of the many Iranians who are in Thai prison for the same offense?

Again? How many does that make in the past few months. I've lost count... But this time they flew directly from Tehran instead of Syria. Why haven't there been any updates about the previous arrests of the many Iranians who are in Thai prison for the same offense?

i was thinking the same !!, at least they didnt bring the drugs in Microwaves this time ....

but there must be alot of Iranians in the slammer now, but why has this only come to light in the last 6 months, IE 0 arrests ( well none reported ) to 3-5 Iraian arrrests weekly at the airport?

i was thinking the same !!, at least they didnt bring the drugs in Microwaves this time ....

but there must be alot of Iranians in the slammer now, but why has this only come to light in the last 6 months, IE 0 arrests ( well none reported ) to 3-5 Iraian arrrests weekly at the airport?

What is the market for this drug and why are the Iranians taking such risks to get it here? I was under the impression that meth (yabaa) is made along the borders in neighboring countries. Is this more of a "hiso" thing, what demographics use this drug?

What is the market for this drug and why are the Iranians taking such risks to get it here? I was under the impression that meth (yabaa) is made along the borders in neighboring countries. Is this more of a "hiso" thing, what demographics use this drug?

Ice is a step up in strength to yabba as crack is a step up to cocaine. I think it's the same demographics as the yabba market but more in urban areas...And I suppose the lab to make ice is more sophisticated than the yabba jungle labs...

Edited by screamingeagle

"... The three men were charged with possessing and smuggling the drug into Thailand without legal permission and were sent to the narcotics suppression police for further investigation."

Holy crap batman!!! - you mean it can be brought in legally? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

"... The three men were charged with possessing and smuggling the drug into Thailand without legal permission and were sent to the narcotics suppression police for further investigation."

Holy crap batman!!! - you mean it can be brought in legally?

Yes, but only by certain people operating under the guidance of certain officials, anybody else is thrown to the wolves.

Do regular Iranians really have enough money to take a holiday? How about Kenyans, Nigerians, and

others from Sub Sahara Africa? Well I just looked it up -

Iran Average income - $ 12,800 (2008), ok but hardly enough to buy a $ 1000 plane ticket

Nigeria - $ 2300

Kenya - $ 1600

How the heck do they get a visa?

Ice can be made with easily obtained(household) ingredients and a microwave....the solvents often catch fire....in Hawaii addicts were blowing up microwaves in cheap hotels and apartments.....more sophisticated production requires lab equipment and expertise....stop precursors = no product

Ice is a step up in strength to yabba as crack is a step up to cocaine. I think it's the same demographics as the yabba market but more in urban areas...And I suppose the lab to make ice is more sophisticated than the yabba jungle labs...

I would almost say 'sent them back to Iran', but I fear they face the death penalty or amputation of a limb or two. Maybe just let them enjoy Thai hospitality in one of the prisons here :)

Do regular Iranians really have enough money to take a holiday? How about Kenyans, Nigerians, and

Iran Average income - $ 12,800 (2008), ok but hardly enough to buy a $ 1000 plane ticket

Nigeria - $ 2300

Kenya - $ 1600

Hey, the incomes you cite are just averages. That means these fine gentlemen are at the upper-end of the bell curve. Says a lot about the country of origin.

"The three men were charged with possessing and smuggling the drug into Thailand without legal permission and were sent to the narcotics suppression police for further investigation".

Does it mean one can actually get a legal permission to posses, smuggle/import drugs into the kingdom? blink.gif

Yes, all companies importing medicines have this for instance.

Chrystal meth is called ice. Yabaa is another very dirty Amphetamine made in Myanmar. Ice is much more expensive. :jap: :jap:

"Ice" is easily made. There is more to this, as always :)

No reason to get on a plane with this stuff as it would be just as easy to sell in Tehran. Penalty is similar; Death or life with a confession. This stuff can be cooked pretty much anywhere so no need to get on a plane with it. These cases have all been caught due to anonymous or other tips. Under normal conditions some of them would have not made it out of the departing airports. To suggest that the Thai customs officers are better at catching drug offenders is a bit hard to believe.

There are a couple of countries on our planet who have an interest in making sure the world-wide image of Iranians is a negative one. Rest assured no major drug operation would back these idiots in these amounts and I am sure these idiots could not accumulate enough wealth to actually buy the stuff and fly here with it. This one has more to the story. This wreaks of small time intelligence activity doing their low level street work. Especially knowing that it has just recently begun and was relatively unheard of previously.

Nigeria - $ 2300

Kenya - $ 1600

How do they get ice in a microwave oven without having water when smuggled into Thailand???? :jap:

Edited by sirchai

we dont often hear about africans getting arrested for cocaine smuggling and dealing yet they are all over Nana??????

A very good question, indeed. WHY DON'T WE HEAR ABOUT THEM????

Most of them are traveling with fake Ghanese or other African country's documents. Nigerians are already also in South Africa and doing their dirty work there.

They swallow the JeiJei, packed in Condoms, up to one kg and bring it to Bangkok, the so called " Thai/Nigerian connection.

After stretching one kg to four or five, they send some "Yoo wanna by Coke? " clowns around.

The information is from some black people who did this, or still do it.

The joke is that the Thai authorities know it.

Guess most of them are on a WP for selling illegal Class A drugs in the LOS.:ph34r:

Unfortunatelyy some of them make it to an English teacher afterward...:annoyed:

Thanks to "teacher DIANA" for telling such a nice story. Nobody seemed to be worried about a Ghanese woman named just DIANA. Her signature as well.

She's -of course- using another name in Bangkok, whenever they check her in Bangkok she's showing her WP, a copy of her fake passport and telling them that her passport is in her school.

This probably unbelievable story did happen and I'm wondering how many of them are having more than an expired tourist visa..:jap:

Please see this link: http://www.newsweek....connection.html# ( Newsweek)

Edited by sirchai

No reason to get on a plane with this stuff as it would be just as easy to sell in Tehran. Penalty is similar; Death or life with a confession. This stuff can be cooked pretty much anywhere so no need to get on a plane with it. These cases have all been caught due to anonymous or other tips. Under normal conditions some of them would have not made it out of the departing airports. To suggest that the Thai customs officers are better at catching drug offenders is a bit hard to believe.

There are a couple of countries on our planet who have an interest in making sure the world-wide image of Iranians is a negative one. Rest assured no major drug operation would back these idiots in these amounts and I am sure these idiots could not accumulate enough wealth to actually buy the stuff and fly here with it. This one has more to the story. This wreaks of small time intelligence activity doing their low level street work. Especially knowing that it has just recently begun and was relatively unheard of previously.

Your logic is compelling but how are they convincing the mules to make the trip?

Your logic is compelling but how are they convincing the mules to make the trip?

I'm thinking the chance to visit some lovely Thai lady's is all it took. People have done a LOT of stupid things for a shot of leg.

we dont often hear about africans getting arrested for cocaine smuggling and dealing yet they are all over Nana??????

A very good question, indeed. WHY DON'T WE HEAR ABOUT THEM????

Most of them are traveling with fake Ghanese or other African country's documents. Nigerians are already also in South Africa and doing their dirty work there.

They swallow the JeiJei, packed in Condoms, up to one kg and bring it to Bangkok, the so called " Thai/Nigerian connection.

After stretching one kg to four or five, they send some "Yoo wanna by Coke? " clowns around.

The information is from some black people who did this, or still do it.

The joke is that the Thai authorities know it.

Guess most of them are on a WP for selling illegal Class A drugs in the LOS.:ph34r:

Unfortunatelyy some of them make it to an English teacher afterward...:annoyed:

Thanks to "teacher DIANA" for telling such a nice story. Nobody seemed to be worried about a Ghanese woman named just DIANA. Her signature as well.

She's -of course- using another name in Bangkok, whenever they check her in Bangkok she's showing her WP, a copy of her fake passport and telling them that her passport is in her school.

This probably unbelievable story did happen and I'm wondering how many of them are having more than an expired tourist visa..:jap:

Please see this link: http://www.newsweek....connection.html# ( Newsweek)

This article is from 19 yrs ago!

\

I'm thinking the chance to visit some lovely Thai lady's is all it took. People have done a LOT of stupid things for a shot of leg.

That sounds pretty weak to me ... and why Bangkok? Why would one of those countries care about what Thais think about Iranians? Wouldn't they be sending the mules to their own country, to get caught and to sway popular opinion in their own country?