Thai Renews State Of Emergency In Turbulent South

webfact

Thai renews state of emergency in turbulent south

BANGKOK (AP) — Thailand has extended for three months a long-standing state of emergency in the three insurgency-plagued provinces of the country's far south.

The Cabinet approved the extension Tuesday for the provinces of Narathiwat, Pattani and Yala, where an Islamic separatist insurgency that erupted in 2004 has cost more than 4,300 lives.

The state of emergency allows the government to impose curfews, prohibit public gatherings, censor and ban publications, detain suspects without charge, confiscate property and tap telephones, among other provisions.

It was the 21st extension since it was first declared for the area in July 2005.

aplogo.jpg

-- (c) Associated Press 2010-10-20

What a waste of time. Why extend it for just 3 months? Is there even a sligest chance that the problem going to be solved in 3 months? Why not let the SOE stay evergreen until further notice?

I agree.ight as well stay in place until its safe to rescind it.

What is it with muslims, why cant they live in peace with everyone else? Why cant the moderate ones sort out the extremists? Almost everywhere there is unrest its this lot that are behind it, they want special treatmentfor an increasinging number of things and if they dont get it out of the box tumbles the suicide bomber, it is supposed to be a religon is it. I am glad Thailand does not allow there mosques to dominate the skyline like the Uk have let them get away with.

What a waste of time. Why extend it for just 3 months? Is there even a sligest chance that the problem going to be solved in 3 months? Why not let the SOE stay evergreen until further notice?

I agree.ight as well stay in place until its safe to rescind it.

I agree let it stay in place. The big question is will it ever be safe there. Religious Islamic fanatics have no idea of rights of others my way or I might kill you is there way of handling differences of opinion.

It is that way with them the world over.:(

What is it with muslims, why cant they live in peace with everyone else? Why cant the moderate ones sort out the extremists? Almost everywhere there is unrest its this lot that are behind it, they want special treatmentfor an increasinging number of things and if they dont get it out of the box tumbles the suicide bomber, it is supposed to be a religon is it. I am glad Thailand does not allow there mosques to dominate the skyline like the Uk have let them get away with.

Be careful - there are more and more mosques appearing daily and this spreading dis-ease between Islam and anyone else is getting prolific like in Europe. Time will come when there will most likely be all out wars to decide this incestuous religion. But (in my opinion) most religions only 'happened' between 2,500 and 1500 years ago and hocus pocus still rules all who 'believe' in such. It is all about control and is all a croc. The bible, Quran, all the written words are never written by the vanquished and at each level of reproduction, are edited accordingly.

If the populace at large requires someone to berate them quoting texts, and 'lead' them to let them know right from wrong then it is a sorry state of mind for those people. Now won't this get the god squad, rag traders and bible thumpers happening? laugh.gif

As to the SoE down south for 12 more weeks? What would be the point - it is going to keep happening until the Islamic population are returned to their Malaysian roots. But if you have been there lately, not even Thai is spoken at large now so why not annex it - put up a wall across the country and let them stay there. I'll get off the soap box now.

Be careful - there are more and more mosques appearing daily and this spreading dis-ease between Islam and anyone else is getting prolific like in Europe. Time will come when there will most likely be all out wars to decide this incestuous religion. But (in my opinion) most religions only 'happened' between 2,500 and 1500 years ago and hocus pocus still rules all who 'believe' in such. It is all about control and is all a croc. The bible, Quran, all the written words are never written by the vanquished and at each level of reproduction, are edited accordingly.

If the populace at large requires someone to berate them quoting texts, and 'lead' them to let them know right from wrong then it is a sorry state of mind for those people. Now won't this get the god squad, rag traders and bible thumpers happening? laugh.gif

As to the SoE down south for 12 more weeks? What would be the point - it is going to keep happening until the Islamic population are returned to their Malaysian roots. But if you have been there lately, not even Thai is spoken at large now so why not annex it - put up a wall across the country and let them stay there. I'll get off the soap box now.

I agree with you this is a incestuous religion. They will never be happy with themselves unless they can control others. The really sad part is they can't even get along with themselves. Are you sure Malaysia wants them or will take them. I thought they wanted to set up there own sick little country.

Personally I think we should send them all to Antarctic and set up there own little world. We should also give them a unlimited supply of explosives they will soon solve the problem.:bah:

Maybe we should have a tv show based on diving so we could watch as they blew themselves up and give them points for the damage and artistic interpretation. It could be done in Mecca and now all we have to do is think of a name for the show, failures could be sent to Antartica I like that, but no covering the face, I want to see the look on their faces when they find out that they have been sold down the river, Does anyone have any idea where they get their bombs and they money for them from, are they in the arms business as well as fashions?

I agree with you this is a incestuous religion. They will never be happy with themselves unless they can control others. The really sad part is they can't even get along with themselves. Are you sure Malaysia wants them or will take them. I thought they wanted to set up there own sick little country.

Personally I think we should send them all to Antarctic and set up there own little world. We should also give them a unlimited supply of explosives they will soon solve the problem.:bah:

All these discussion about the religion. I don't think it should be allowed here.

Anyone cares to disagree?

All these discussion about the religion. I don't think it should be allowed here.

Anyone cares to disagree?

Religion is the root of the problem if we don't talk about it this whole thread including your posts would be meaningless.:jap: