Health Food Store In Patong Beach?

4evermaat

I was looking for quinoa grain as well as ground sea salt. Quinoa is so much less sticky and lighter than rice, yet I'm clueless as to where to find it. I tried to use google translate to show my girlfriend the thai version of word quinoa, but no luck.

I'm also disappointed on how expensive virgin coconut oil is from thailand. Or is 200bht for 200ml about right? Baanzan sells the cheap coconut from Laos with the golden tint to it.

I have a motorbike so can travel nearby (like phuket town) to get it. If you know the prices, that would be helpful also.

Edited by 4evermaat

We are an online health food store however we are based in the south of Thailand and offer free pick up in Kata/Kata Noi area, but we do not have a shop to browse.

I am out of quinoa now but can have it soon. Also I have Himalayan Salt which is also unprocessed and full of minerals as well.

Plenty of other good things also such as wheat free-organic soy sauce made with sea salt.

Raw nuts and seeds etc

petro free/papba free/fragrance free body care

detoxing stuff

The selection is constantly expanding as we have just launched.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions or request, we have great sources all over Thailand and many hard to find items too.

Click here for the link. Good Karma Thailand

Also we support the Health forum.

We are an online health food store however we are based in the south of Thailand and offer free pick up in Kata/Kata Noi area, but we do not have a shop to browse. I am out of quinoa now but can have it soon. Also I have Himalayan Salt which is also unprocessed and full of minerals as well.Plenty of other good things also such as wheat free-organic soy sauce made with sea salt. Raw nuts and seeds etc petro free/papba free/fragrance free body care<br>detoxing stuff The selection is constantly expanding as we have just launched. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or request, we have great sources all over Thailand and many hard to find items too.<br><br>Click here for the link. <a href="http://www.thailandphukethealthfood.com" class="bbc_url" title="External link" rel="nofollow external">Good Karma Thailand</a><br>Also we support the Health forum.<br>
<br><br><br>
<br>hi, we have a full range of products which may suit your needs.<br><br><a href="http://phukethealthshop.com/" class="bbc_url" title="External link" rel="nofollow external">http://phukethealthshop.com/</a><br>

Let me know when you have the quinoa especially. Speaking of which, how do you say quinoa in Thai? if you can post the Thai symbols and the roman pronunciation, that would be great for my girlfriend.

For Good Karma Thailand, do you deliver to kata? If you do not have a storefront, how could I come check out your product?  It would be great if you had bulk quinoa and then you could sell it by the kilo.

For phukethealthshop.com, I dont need supplements.  I need somewhere that stocks fresh or dried fruits, vegetables, nuts, and grains, preferibly organic. Separated (not mixed together) so that you can pick which ones you want. Also seasonings of the same caliber. Similar to a supermarket, but much smaller. Specifically what I'm asking for. If you can point me in that direction, you can be of great help.

Villa market chalong has a selection of nuts and grains individually divided.

Hope they have quinoa.

Can you give me a rough idea of how to get there from patong beach (Junceylon)?

From Patong head over the hill towards Karon Beach. at the Karon Circle take the left exit through Karon Village, keep on going through Kata main road (not beach road) over the next hill to Chalong Circle, first exit, and Home Pro Village is about 70m on the left. Villa Market is in HomePro Village.

Suggestion ... before you go to Villa Market, have a look in the Patong Deli on Rat-u-tit Road, past the main Post Office.

From Patong head over the hill towards Karon Beach. at the Karon Circle take the left exit through Karon Village, keep on going through Kata main road (not beach road) over the next hill to Chalong Circle, first exit, and Home Pro Village is about 70m on the left. Villa Market is in HomePro Village.

Suggestion ... before you go to Villa Market, have a look in the Patong Deli on Rat-u-tit Road, past the main Post Office.

Thanks.

I am familiar with the Patong Deli. I will recheck them out. I wish i could bring the thai symbol for quinoa and show them. But i cannot find it. on google translate. Their english isn't great. But a trip out there wont kill me. and it isnt far from where i need to go.

Edited by 4evermaat

I am familiar with the Patong Deli. I will recheck them out. I wish i could bring the thai symbol for quinoa and show them. But i cannot find it. on google translate. Their english isn't great. But a trip out there wont kill me. and it isnt far from where i need to go.

I checked the Patong Deli out. Unfortunately, no quinoa. But sea salt was there. They had many different grains and rices, but no quinoa. Just before that, I rechecked carrefour's rice section. I hope to grab the thai spelling so at least i dont get the blank stares when I mention the word to the thai clerk.

It was interesting that they sell candy bars (kit kat, nestle crunch, milo, etc) cheaper than carrefour in some cases.

I'll check out that place near Kata. I may have to consider ordering online. Any suggestions? Or if I have a friend ship some for me, anything special I should look out for?

I hope bangkok stocks this stuff.

Edited by 4evermaat

• 3 weeks later...

I can add a bit to the directions. From patong, follow the signs to the big budda. You'll know if you passed the HomePro village if you passed the big budda. But it's kind of hard to miss after the Chalong Circle (the one that is a modified round-about. You must go one-way first and then make a u-turn 50m up. Of course to get to Home Pro, just continue straight, no u-turn)

I am happy to report that I FOUND the quinoa at the Villa Market. It is located in the "first row" next to the boxed rice/soy milks. Plenty of farangs go there, but the help at the store knows little english. So you may find yourself walking around in circles a few times to hunt down what you need. The quinoa was one of the few products that had no thai symbol equivalent on it. There was a brand name about 380g and a bulk New Organics 500g package, both for 225 bhat. So the bulk package was the better deal. Funny, i got the last one they had that day. So i guess that's about as good as it's going to get. Finally. I will certainly save the packaging to make it easier for someone here to get more next time.

The only thing left now is perhaps to find other sources that stock this. At least the next person searching these threads will have life a lot easier in phuket.

• 1 month later...